It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

disposal of nuclear waste

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Easily done with bacteria that can transmute radioctive isotopes to the normal isotope. This has been going on since the Creation. Even the oil beneath the ground is from transmutation of Si to Sulfur and Na and chlorine . All crude oil is found with sulfur in it and near domes of salt. This is due to bacterial transmutation of rock to carbon compounds over billions of years. So, these same bacteria can clean up Hanford overnight and the problem solved.
See C.Louis Kervran 1935, "Biological Transmutations, And coldfusionnow.org Edward Storms "On Biological Transmutation". And J.Condensed Matter Nucl. Sci. 7(2012) 11-25. What do you think? We can even flood the market with Gold. That's why the Alchemist was always hunted down and terminated by the kings of the Past.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by siluriancryptic

This is due to bacterial transmutation of rock to carbon compounds over billions of years. So, these same bacteria can clean up Hanford overnight and the problem solved.

Overnight? What about the billions of years part?

Lead is decayed uranium. Its still toxic.

And it only took 5 billion years...

Uranium decay chain

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I have some books on transmutation. Not by the same authors. Some people called the man who wrote the books a quack. The books I have are by C. Louis Kervran. The interesting thing is they experimented by removing all sources of calcium from chickens, and they still produced eggs with the calcium shell. They experimented further and removed silica from the diet of the chickens, and they quit laying eggs. That means that chickens' digestive system has the ability to transmute silica into calcium.

These are interesting things to note. Maybe there is a goose that can lay the golden eggs if it is fed right? I'm skeptical about them being solid gold, but it might be possible for gold-plated?

This needs to be researched further, and I agree that there MUST be some organism or something on the earth that is capable of transmuting radioactive substances into less dangerous isotopes. S+F!!!

I think science has really only scratched the surface of what we really know about everything.
edit on 4/30/2013 by InFriNiTee because: more complete info

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
What mechanism would this occur by? I don't there MUST be a bacteria that does this at all, I have also read that quoted chicken story before and it was proven to be made up or at least evidence is that if you do deprive chickens of calcium, they lay soft/no eggs in reality.

Transmutation of isotopes is only physically possible by (hate to seem sarcastic) beta decay, inverse beta decay and neutron capture.

Beta Decay
Decay of a neutron into a proton and an electron and neutrino.

Inverse beta decay
Capture of a neutrino by a neutron, producing a proton and positron.

Neutron Capture
Having a neutron smack into a nucleus and stick

Thats it... (from memory)... SO basically this is only possible with the use of a nuclear reactor or a particle accelerator is capable of doing such a thing... The other limitation is that using a particle accelerator will probably not make the material any less radioactive as the constant bombardment of high energy particles would basically activate the material and render alot of the atoms radioactive.

new topics

top topics

join