It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post your pets!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by clairvoyantrose

Totally creeped out!!

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by claireaudient

Aww no
Why creeped out?? She's harmless

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by clairvoyantrose

It's a snake, that's the only requirement

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I love snakes, but I would never be able to feed one. Gross!

As for Fluffy the spider... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Awesome thread!!!!!!!!!! I can't imagine ever not having a pet of some kind.

Oh, the pic of the rat with the little hat cracked me up! Adorable! So many awesome pets in here!

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by claireaudient

Nooo they are not creepy... I think they are incredibly beautiful.

So prehistoric looking.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by clairvoyantrose
I cant resist haha

I always wanted to know if it si possible to bond with a snake as with like say...a dog or cat. I always thought is was impossible to have fun or bond with a bird but I was wrong. One day a friend asked me to watch over his parakeet during the weekend. I must say that I had a few good laughs with that bird and had a feel that I could "reach" that stupid little bird.

What about snakes..? Do they have personality and how can it be fun to keep them as a pet... I hope the fun part is not watching the snake strangle a mouse..

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Here is me (the one on the left haha) and my girl "Button"

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by zatara
I always wanted to know if it si possible to bond with a snake as with like say...a dog or cat. I always thought is was impossible to have fun or bond with a bird but I was wrong. One day a friend asked me to watch over his parakeet during the weekend. I must say that I had a few good laughs with that bird and had a feel that I could "reach" that stupid little bird.

What about snakes..? Do they have personality and how can it be fun to keep them as a pet... I hope the fun part is not watching the snake strangle a mouse..

I wouldn't say the same bond as with a cat or a dog.. Dogs see you as the leader of their pack, and can express emotion to some degree. They can also recognize facial expressions. Cats are cats. They acknowledge you when they want to, and some can be very loving! As for snakes, they have the primal emotions..like hunger, stress, content, and security. They can get used to your scent and no longer see you as a threat. They sure do have personalities though. My Fatty is a sweet heart.. She knows when I'm around the cage and when I put my hand in the enclosure she slithers up my arm and goes to my shoulders. I've stroked her gently while handling ever since she was a hatchling and I think she recognizes that as security. I keep her safe, warm, and fed. I wouldn't say she "loves" me or wants to ever "cuddle" but I think she has learned to associate me with safety.
The fun in having them as a pet, in my opinion, is watching them grow and know that you are able to give them a better life than someone else could give them. Ball pythons don't do much, they just stay in mounds in the wild and wait for food and she's only active a couple hours in the night.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

This bobcat is the pet of an online friend who has other wildcats as well. This one was raised with his domestic cats and they all got along wonderfully. He is fortunate to have a lot land.

edit on 3-5-2013 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Hi all, I hope I've mastered the pic posting dealy so here goes: Hopefully pic of my beloved dog, part shepherd, part chow...she has since passed on. Love her and miss her much!

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Finally got an updated picture of Loki. Couldn't get the two of them to stand side by side for anything.
So for size comparison, Dozer can now walk under Loki without touching his belly!

edit on 6-5-2013 by chiefsmom because: pic

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Snake owners always strike me as being attention ho's who are more interested in being noticed for their choice of pet than they are in the animal itself. They never pass up an opportunity to tell someone they have a pet snake or, even better, whip out the photos.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by okayimhere

While I agree with you 100% that there ARE a lot of people out there who own snakes just to get the "Oooh" factor doesn't mean I am an "attention ho". There are a lot of stupid reptile owners out there who give people like me a bad rap. They treat these animals like they are nothing but a good showcase and their lives don't matter because "they don't have emotion". This is the case with some, but not me.

I simply made a thread with all my pets, and asked people to share theirs. I don't take my snake out in public with me for people to gawk at, I don't rush to tell someone I have a python, and I definitely don't own my snake just because I want an exotic animal for people to "Oooh" at. The same could be said for someone who own's a certain breed of exotic dog or cat. I own my snake for the love of reptiles. Sure I've got lots of pictures, but she's like my baby. I've hand raised her since she was a month old and have grown very fond of her. If I wasn't limited to a small basement suite I'd have racks upon racks of snakes. If people ask me questions, I'm going to answer.
No need to jump to conclusions about somebody over the internet, a little sad in my opinion.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Ok, to start, I should explain that we're on a ranch, so have lots of room for the menagerie you're about to meet. I promised my wife, an avid animal lover, that I'd not really refuse her having animals (I love them too), but I think we have gone a bit ridiculous.

Anyhow, first up are the horses.

This is my wife's horse, "Laredo", he's a Palomino Gelding.

Next is my horse, "Fancy" (on the left), she's a Quarter Horse Mare, and nuzzling "Kay-tee" on the right, out of her stall. My wife was introducing them.

Then, here's "Kay-tee", she's a Paint Mare.

Next up are the dogs. Here is "Jedi", he's a Boxer/Pitt mix.

Here's "Domino", he's a Lab/Chow mix. He seems convinced that our bed is his bed.

Here are the Chihuahuas. The little black one in the very back is "Lola", then left to right, there is "Ling-Ling", "Lupe' ", and "Daisy"

Then there are the kitties. First up are the barn cats. "Smurf" is on the left, and "Patillo" on the right. They are tasked with keeping any mice out of the barn. Never seen one, so guess they are doing their job?

Next up are the two kittens, "Ramses" on the left, and "Isis" on the right. The wall is taped off for doing a faux castle stone paint design on the wall.

Next is "Doofus" (though he's actually a very smart cat). He's also 19 yrs old, had him since he was a little ball of fluff (and teeth, and claws). There's another cat I don't have a picture of, which is "Catabrie" (Tabby Cat).

Next is "Suzy", she's a Malucan Cockatoo. Unlike most female birds, she can talk pretty well, with an impressive vocabulary (and comedic timing, she laughs just like a human, and at just the right times). She is convinced she is my mate and is referred to as "my other wife". We also have a lovebird as a companion bird for her (but no pic). "Mew" the cat is sharing the back of the chair. She knows better than to try and mess with Suzy.

Finally, there are the bunnies, "Stephan" and "Elena" (named from Vampire Diaries). Held by my wife. They are bigger now. This was when we just got them.

Next season, we'll add Chickens to the mix (and sometime this summer, some Koi fish in a pond in the front). Craziness. My wife wants another horse (as four humans in the house now, so wants one horse for each)...but I'm trying to hold that off as long as I can,

edit on 7-5-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I should mention, we only named about half the animals. All of the horses had names when we got them. The birds had names already, and all of the cats but two (we named "Isis" and "Ramses"). We also named 3 of the 4 Chihuhuas (the "L" names), and the two bunnies. The ones we didn't name were either rescues or from those who could no longer keep them. That's the reason for the seemingly random naming conventions.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Very cool pics Gazrok.....I admire the life you and your wife have made for your human and animal family...
You have always been one of my favorite Mods.....your down to earth nature shines through...lol....and although we disagree from time to time, I think your one of the good guys in this world.....common sense and a good heart is a powerful combination.......it's hard to pick a favorite pic of all you sent, my top 2 were of your wife and the bunnies and the kitty and bird...loved them all....

edit on 7-5-2013 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-5-2013 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

Thanks, on all counts. I've thoroughly enjoyed seeing pics of others' furry (and not so furry) friends too.

The kitty and the bird are funny. If the cat tries to get too close, the bird will mimic us calling the puppies (Click! Click! Click! Puppies!), which of course, has the dogs bound in barking, making the cat search for higher ground. Yes, the bird is intimately aware she can call the puppies.

(my wife will kill me if she sees these pics, as she's lost about 30lbs. since these were taken,
)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

LOL...your wife is beautiful...I always find it funny that my BF's favorite pics of me are one's I hate? LMAO...tell your wife the pic I included of myself was taken last year on my B-day after a visit to the beauty parlor ! (Yup, i was able to choose what I showed to ATS ) It may seem silly to you guys, and I know it is, and I hate that it matters to me as much as it does.......I really think it's great your wife cares about balancing her family and "farm" and cares about her health and let's face it, YOU being proud and attracted to her...it seems you gave her, her dream, and support her, and she wants to be her best for you.......I think that's beautiful.........♥

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

Thanks, though I think she deserves more credit on making the dream a reality.

Personally, I think your pic looks great.

This is our oldest girl Bonnie, lol, yes I do put silly hats and outfits on our dogs during the Holidays......actually I put silly hats on us too!

"Lupe" loves wearing clothes, but she's the only one. In fact, if you get out an outfit, she'll bark and try to worm into it. For the holidays, they (dogs) all wear little sweaters though. I have a pic of Lupe in a santa getup I'll have to post.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Here is one of my 4 kitties (the only girl) Phoebe

She forgot how to cat
edit on 11/5/13 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join