It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dashcam footage of Bagram Air Field Crash

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by C0bzz
reply to post by ChuckNasty

That wouldn't explain the pitch up attitude that was reported. In addition, as far as I know engines can operate on suction (the engines have pumps within them, the boost pumps just maintain the pressure to prevent cavitation I heard). And if there was low fuel pressure, I presume there would be LOW FUEL PRESSURE in amber on the EICAS.

If the plane wasn't climbing due to lack of speed, the pilot would likely not have pulled back on the stick, because that would make the problem worse.

I think it is more reasonable to suggest it was either a failure of part of the aircraft coupled to human factors, or the cargo shifted.
edit on 1/5/13 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

Yeah the cargo shifting seems to be the likely answer. As for the engs operating on boost during take off, the pph will drop off to a point of eng flameout without the tank boost pumps. Working on old arse c130s (90 models and the 60s models...almost no difference) forgetting to put on the boost pumps at max power will cause a loss in power.

Also heard the Taliban claimed this loss...maybe they had a person rig the cargo rail system to fail. We'll have to wait for the official story.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
The peeps on the base listening to the channel said the pilots reported a cargo shift to the back of the plane.

Alleged photo of the strikers in the cargo cabin...

As a 2T2X1, this is an improper way to restrain cargo of this caliber. Chains and devices should have been used for these. Also, working very close with these guys, they don't care about what is in their cabin. Most of the time when I talk to these guys about the load, they don't even care. They sign my paper and I walk out.

So, what most likely happened. Improper restraint by the ramp team and horrible flying conditions, which may have caused the pilot to pull up to steep. Also, what I mean by horrible flying conditions is the problem of climbing to a proper altitude to avoid hitting the mountains near by. Hence the right turn after take off.

To be honest with everyone, I am very surprised that this hasn't happened before. The horrible crap that my fellow port dawgs do is unbelievable disregard for the individuals flying on these planes. Most of the crappy restrained cargo , if not all of it comes from the 747's when it comes back state side. It comes for the lazy reservists we have working over there.

It is so bad, an active duty Senior Airman is normally in-charge of various reservist Sergent ranks in the desert because they have no idea what is going on. So, now you most of you have the gist of what probably happened. By all means this is NOT the official report, but merely a speculation from a current 2T2x1.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by johngrissom

Thanks for that.
WTH is up with using a slew a ratchet straps to hold those Strikers down? Who would bother with all of those when chains would be so much simpler? It appears that at least some of the straps pass through portions of the vehicle tie down points, instead of being attached with hooks. This would allow chafing to occur. There is much wrong with this photo.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Alleged photo of the strikers in the cargo cabin...

That's a photo of vehicles in a aircraft, rather than the accident aircraft on the same flight.
edit on 4/5/13 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Holy park bench, that's pretty harrowing! Incredible footage no less and had me mesmerized! Never seen any footage that close to something the size of a 747 coming down.

Terrible indeed.....I guess the only condolence is that aside from the 10secs of sheer and utter terror those poor souls on board must of gone through before contact, it's an instant death situation and zero suffering.

Very bad, and if its down to just simple negligence of cargo strapping that's even worse.

The Taliban need to STFU and have a 747 land on them FFS...retards.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join