It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

51 years of diaries!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I've been writing diaries from the age of 5 my first one was a brownie diary and i had to put all the things i did that where a good deed, on a Wednesday from then i wrote i wished a dish lol dear love me plus i still can't spell

I went from 5-12 writing good deeds or when i got money from aunties and uncles with a star beside the ones that gave me more than 10p

13-16 not liking my dad much as he would never let me go out tut!!
16-18 wishing i had listened to my dad
18-25 wishing i had loads of money to go out with my mates
26-38 wishing i hadn't gone out with my mates because i felt like crap!
38-42 wishing i could have gone back 16 years
42-46 making up for 16 years yehar!
46-51 loving life so much and thanking god for my wonderful life even though some days i can't get out of bed it's just a blessing to see the sun coming up, even the rain and snow on the window brings a smile to my face

So ATS'ers do any of you keep diaries or remember keeping them when you where younger? Most of my friends stopped them when they got married because of hubbies reading them lol i used to say if you don't like what you read then keep your nose out of peoples private thoughts

Maybe i'll publish them if i ever get rich and famous or maybe i'll publish them and become rich and famous

Come on people spill the beans.
edit on 30-4-2013 by ballymoney50 because: being an ass

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
don't say its only 46 years i no that already i went back 5 years in my first brownie diary

ok i slipped up tut!!

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I don't, but I wish I would have. I just found out that my step-grandfather has been keeping them since he was young, writing in them every day, even if it is to just note the weather and such. They will be a fascinating read, especially if he has written about landing on the shores on D day.

Good for you for doing that. Again, really wish I would have, if for no other reason than for my sons.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Its never to late, my daughter started buying me lovely wee blank books every year for Christmas instead of a diary as you can get more in them and i usually fill them right to the end page lol just think of all the things you could start writing in them, like the first time you met your hubby, your first kiss, did you pass your driving test first time round etc, your kids won't care when you started them it will just be a lovely thing for them to read sometime in the future

My girls read my early ones and love to get to the next year lol give it a go its never to late.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ballymoney50

I was keeping detailed accounts for about six years from the age of sixteen, then once I started work I ran out of time, and they came to a halt.
(I used Woolworth's notebooks)
They were a worthwhile investment of time, because these were good years, and the diaries remind me of the good things I did or got involved in.
I think they qualify as "social history" as well, because I went to the kind of school which was about to be abolished.

edit on 30-4-2013 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing that.

I used to keep a diary, but when I turned 16 I stopped and started writing songs instead.

When I find an old tape with my songs on it, it's like listening to a musical diary,

I remember being and feeling 16,17,18 etc. again.

All the best, Ballymoney50.

Keep on writing.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   

You know all to well that living with dad it was impossible to keep anything like a diary mum lol

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Bekkles92

Sometimes i wrote things for him to read just in case he had a nosey like i want a new jeep or a nice diamond ring for christmas

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Or 'I want a younger model' that would've really kept him on his toes lol

top topics

join