It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: 'Maybe I Should Just Pack Up and Go Home. Golly.'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

When a sitting president thinks his position is more important than the people he is supposed to represent, then we have fallen into a pit to which there is little chance of recovery.

This is the norm now. This is the standard.

Other new norms?

Unemployment at @8%.
50 million on food stamps.

And yes, a president who (even jokingly) sounds petulant and small.

My avatar weeps for America.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Only one Potus recognized his failures and quit.
That was Johnson.
Obama is no Johnson.

Johnson skipped because he didn't want to be a Kennedy sammich, lol!!!

But, you're absolutely correct; Obama is no Johnson... thank goodness. One LBJ was enough just as one Obama has already been MORE than enough

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

When a sitting president thinks his position is more important than the people he is supposed to represent, then we have fallen into a pit to which there is little chance of recovery.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

All that hope, and change pushing ever forward with giving the people the shaft is his legacy.

Empty words
Empty actions
Empty wallets.

A nation that was meant to be a nation of kings has been reduced to a nation of paupers.
edit on 30-4-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by beezzer

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

All that hope, and change pushing ever forward with giving the people the shaft is his legacy.

Empty words
Empty actions
Empty wallets.

A nation that was meant to be a nation of kings has been reduced to a nation of paupers.
[/quote

Yes this is what we did get!

Plus the attempted creation of The New Bill of Rights!

Leave Obama and take your Cronies with you, There will be dancing in the streets and large block parties..

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

reply to post by redoubt

He's not the first president to find himself like this nor will he be the last... God willing that our nation survives his second term!

Only one Potus recognized his failures and quit.

That was Johnson.

Obama is no Johnson.

I think you forgot Dick Nixon. Up and quit too as I recall. That was two in a row for the U.S., and most of the other ones should have called it a day as well.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

your right it would be coming out of your pocket even if you didnt personally give it to him

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by LogicGrind

Originally posted by Pladuim
I wonder if the crowd will be singing this when Obama leaves? Hopefully we'll get someone worth voting for the next time around that doesn't rub elbows with communist/progressives.

www.youtube.com...

Pladuim

Hope you like Hillary.

You will be seeing her a lot for 8 years after Obama is done.

There were several if not a half scad of Hollywoodies who said if
"whoever" won they would leave the country. Great if you can afford
the real estate-- or better yet have it bought for you.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

I think you forgot Dick Nixon. Up and quit too as I recall. That was two in a row for the U.S., and most of the other ones should have called it a day as well.

My bad I did Watergate got rid of Nixon where as the creation of the EPA, and taking the US off the gold standard should have.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I dont know why you guys still argue over all this stuff it became apparent to me that the whole two party system is rigged some years ago. Maybe it was when my buddy was standing in line to vote and there had already been a winnner declared, or maybe it was when some dude won the popular vote, but did not become president, or maybe it was when you hear the stories of recounts that magically change the outcome, or maybe it is the fact that they use digital ballots now which can be easily corrupted, and im not talking about hackers, im talking any kid in high school that has had a computer since he child. or maybe its when you hear about straight up voter fraud. You guys are lost and are wasting your time talking about all this. The winners are picked before the vote takes place, and that is how it always will be. Wake up guys.
edit on 30-4-2013 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Obama got spanked in today's "unannounced presser". The only reason this presser was called was to give him the opportunity to redirect the tone and conversation of the nation according to the pundits. He's got one hell of a mess on his hands right now. Benghazigate is about to be blown wide open and he just plays coy as usual. Plus, he just redefined his "red line" in Syria because he lacked the stones needed to act on it in the first place.

Yeah Obama, maybe you should go home. To Chicago. I hear there was just another murder in your old neighborhood...

This is what we get for putting an unqualified candidate into the WH who would rather golf and vacation and rub elbows with Hollywood celebs than address our nation's massive economic problem. Blah Blah Blah what a dolt!!

I've made it clear i'm no fan of the man, but we need to make sure the "red line" has indeed been crossed, before we go half way across the world again to start yet another war.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Covertblack

Not only do we have to know for sure if that line has been crossed, we really need to assess whether or not it's our business to be involved at all.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by Covertblack

Not only do we have to know for sure if that line has been crossed, we really need to assess whether or not it's our business to be involved at all.

Exactly! Where is the international community? Hint, we don't want to always clean up the problem.
edit on 30-4-2013 by Covertblack because: Dyslexic.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

]He wanted the job,ran for the job, "elected" for the job because the buck stops with him.

Yes, he ran for the job of President of the United States, not god of the universe and neo96's personal servant.

That job is very limited, and is spelled out in the United States Constitution. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but nowhere in that document does it say that the president shall have the unique ability to do everything you wish all the time every day.

If some people have a problem holding the guy who said "he was going to fix all America woes" accountable,not my problem.

Anyone who believes that a politician can fix all the problems in this country is completely delusional. Politicians do that, it's called politics. I for one wasn't fooled by most of what Obama said during his two campaigns.

He shouldn't promises they know they can't keep.

OR, people should be smart enough to not fall for complete bull, and not be offended when people who go into politics talk a good game and in the end have no real power to fulfill campaign promises.
edit on 30-4-2013 by HauntWok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

Funny all those excuses don't work for the last POTUS.

Only the current lord and savior Obama so only the "good things" are due to him none of the bad.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

So Americans lives are a joke?

Really?

People lost their homes,jobs,and everything else, but what was more important?

Guns,Gay marriage, and immigration guess we all should just forget the failures of the past 4 years and push FORWARD.

He hasn't fixed anything really doesn't matter does it?

Quantity over Quality!!!!

This POTUS is a joke, and will always be one.

Those who voted for him, believe in his Utopia. Everyone else just hates what hes done to this Country.

Polirization should be his motto.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Those who voted for him, believe in his Utopia. Everyone else just hates what hes done to this Country.

Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge as some people know that isn't not "accepting a greater role of government in their lives"..

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You want to get stuck with Biden?

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nephalim
reply to post by neo96

No I want him to pack up and go home to

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nephalim
reply to post by neo96

Biden 2016!

Cant wait!!

(sarcasm)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Self adulation? He made a joke. So presidents can't be funny (or try to be funny) now either?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join