It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: 'Maybe I Should Just Pack Up and Go Home. Golly.'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I WISH HE WOULD!!!!!!!!

www.csmonitor.com...

On the 100th day of his second term, President Obama laughed at the suggestion he may have run out of 'juice' for his agenda and expressed optimism on immigration reform.

In a hastily called press conference Tuesday morning, Mr. Obama laughed at a reporter’s suggestion that he may not have the “juice” to get the rest of his agenda through a divided Congress, after the defeat of a gun-control measure that had strong public backing and the president’s vocal support

That was a lie what he had was a manipulated poll statistic in fact if he did have "majority public support" those bills would have passed.

What a difference a few days, and a wholly different context, make. At last Saturday night’s black-tie White House Correspondents’ Dinner, Obama stepped to the podium to the rap tune “All I Do Is Win” and said, “Rush Limbaugh warned you about this – second term, baby.”

Typical self adulation that we have seen time and time agian, " oh yeah listen to how awesome Obama think he is!"

All talk no substance, and definitely no class.

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I think his comment was made in jest and I wouldn't look too far into it.

But all we have to do is just wait it out and he will be out of office.....just so another man just like him can take power.

Until then, the less Obama and congress do the better.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
uh... ok ... see ya!! crazy obama..

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
I think his comment was made in jest and I wouldn't look too far into it.

But all we have to do is just wait it out and he will be out of office.....just so another man just like him can take power.

Until then, the less Obama and congress do the better.

I agree, it was made in jest because of the tone from the reporter. Not a Obama fan by the way. Hope is but a dream.
edit on 30-4-2013 by Covertblack because: an does not equal a

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Such a shame he isn't serious. I'll throw him a bon voyage party out of my own pocket anytime he's ready to throw in the towel!

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
So Americans lives are a joke?

Really?

People lost their homes,jobs,and everything else, but what was more important?

Guns,Gay marriage, and immigration guess we all should just forget the failures of the past 4 years and push FORWARD.

He hasn't fixed anything really doesn't matter does it?

Quantity over Quality!!!!

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I wonder if the crowd will be singing this when Obama leaves? Hopefully we'll get someone worth voting for the next time around that doesn't rub elbows with communist/progressives.

www.youtube.com...

Pladuim

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pladuim
I wonder if the crowd will be singing this when Obama leaves? Hopefully we'll get someone worth voting for the next time around that doesn't rub elbows with communist/progressives.

www.youtube.com...

Pladuim

Don't hold you breath man.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pladuim

www.youtube.com...

Pladuim

Hope you like Hillary.

You will be seeing her a lot for 8 years after Obama is done.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Really?

Guns,Gay marriage, and immigration guess we all should just forget the failures of the past 4 years and push FORWARD.

Housing is coming back, great reports the past couple months on existing and new home construction. Jobs have been steadily coming back, if someone doesn't have a job, it is because of their skills/education not the market at this point...low skill/education people will always come back last.

People who continue to complain about the economy are starting to really look like crazy people...because they are shouting that the sky is red, as they are pointing to a blue sky.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Oh get off the cross already.

All the problems going on in the United States today aren't solely on the president's shoulders. What about personal responsibility and accountability? Why blame a figurehead for all of America's woes?

Isn't much of the blame on those "job creators" that are posting record profits without adding any jobs to the economy?

Isn't much of the blame on individuals who aren't spending thereby adding to the economy? The economy isn't a thing that the President himself has sole control over, it takes a team effort on the part of every American to turn things around. People spend more at businesses, those businesses turn around and employ more people to handle the increase in business, those workers now earning a paycheck turn around and put more money in the economy. So on and so forth till everything rebounds.

But no, keep putting the blame off on someone else, so much for personal responsibility and accountability.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

No, it doesn't....and whether it's Clinton or Rand Paul that takes over after he's gone, we will have the same problems as before.

It's just a waiting game from here on out.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

Oh get off the cross already.

Boss of me?

Really?

All the problems going on in the United States today aren't solely on the president's shoulders. What about personal responsibility and accountability? Why blame a figurehead for all of America's woes?

He wanted the job,ran for the job, "elected" for the job because the buck stops with him.

If some people have a problem holding the guy who said "he was going to fix all America woes" accountable,not my problem.

He shouldn't promises they know they can't keep.
edit on 30-4-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LogicGrind

Originally posted by neo96

Really?

Housing is coming back, great reports the past couple months on existing and new home construction. Jobs have been steadily coming back, if someone doesn't have a job, it is because of their skills/education not the market at this point...low skill/education people will always come back last.

People who continue to complain about the economy are starting to really look like crazy people...because they are shouting that the sky is red, as they are pointing to a blue sky.

Have you ever seen the national debt clock website? How is it you propose that this booming economy is going to survive the debt load while we are still on a fiat currency, debt based generation of printed (worthless) money, and repeated administrations that operate in the red? Is there an extra-planetary entity that will bail us out?

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by LogicGrind

People who continue to complain about the economy are starting to really look like crazy

I don't know how you came to that conclusion, but if you look into the economic numbers and research WHY certain sectors like housing (propped up by stalled forclosure procedures and the banks sitting on inventory) are trending higher, you would come across info that shows the "recovery" of any sector at this point is manipulated in some way.

The economy is horrible and we are being milked. Please be open-minded and look into it before you call people crazy.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I WISH HE WOULD!!!!!!!!

We couldn’t be so lucky!

I’d be happy if he just went on vacation for 1,100 days or so!

What a Narcissist!

edit on 30-4-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

'Maybe I Should Just Pack Up and Go Home. Golly.'

He's not the first president to find himself like this nor will he be the last... God willing that our nation survives his second term!

But... I will give credit when due and his response was a good one. hell, I can imagine Richard Nixon at that podium saying something like that with a million people outside shouting 'YEAH!!!', lol!

I often think I have a few answers to some of the problems but I know... without a doubt, I wouldn't want this job. I know I don't want to be the guy (or gal) who has to look back out on those who elected them and have to go, 'duh'.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

He's not the first president to find himself like this nor will he be the last... God willing that our nation survives his second term!

Only one Potus recognized his failures and quit.

That was Johnson.

Obama is no Johnson.
edit on 30-4-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Obama got spanked in today's "unannounced presser". The only reason this presser was called was to give him the opportunity to redirect the tone and conversation of the nation according to the pundits. He's got one hell of a mess on his hands right now. Benghazigate is about to be blown wide open and he just plays coy as usual. Plus, he just redefined his "red line" in Syria because he lacked the stones needed to act on it in the first place.

Yeah Obama, maybe you should go home. To Chicago. I hear there was just another murder in your old neighborhood...

This is what we get for putting an unqualified candidate into the WH who would rather golf and vacation and rub elbows with Hollywood celebs than address our nation's massive economic problem. Blah Blah Blah what a dolt!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join