It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It Costs $333 Million to Shut Down Boston for a Day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

It Costs $333 Million to Shut Down Boston for a Day

www.businessweek.com

Much of the Boston area has been shut down to facilitate the manhunt for Dzhokhar Tsarnaev. (Although Dunkin’ Donuts (DNKN), a Boston institution, has remained open at police request to serve emergency response personnel.) While that may be necessary as a security precaution, it carries an economic cost.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I knew it. That day all I could imagine outside of the terror those Boston children went thru with militarized troops storming them in their homes, was what about everyones food budget from missing an entire day of work? On pay day. People went hungry that day, that weekend and right now. Millions of peoples lives put on hold over a 19 year punk. I'm still outraged.

They were told not to unlock the door for anyone unless they had a badge, which means if the hungry neighbor gets past the stormtroopers to come over to get a cup of milk to be able to make lunch, don't open the door. Shiver in your britches like a baby, hungry, possibly needing prescription meds refilled, and if a neighbor comes over for lunch... dive under the bed and don't come out.
edit on 30-4-2013 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
TPTB don't care too much, it's mainly public money and the businesses that suffered the most would have been small ones that operate on shoestrings.

The figure quoted also doesn't take into account the loss of tourism in the future over time.

The REAL price was loss of freedom.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

They were told not to unlock the door for anyone unless they had a badge

This idea that people are to blindly trust a badge and a uniform gets me every time.

Throw on some surplus BDU's and a fake shiny badge and you can ransack your neighborhood door to door just like the real goose steppers.

If some individual or some group wanted to steal, rape, murder, beat or just cause mayhem a lockdown Boston style is the perfect time.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Well the only real problem I see is that they speak about costs while it should be about loss. Is anyone going to repay that?

I mean if i have costs I need to put the dough on the table. No way someone is going to cover the losses of the general public of that day.

top topics

join