learn more

Little thing ..... Massive pain in the backside.... a thread for fun

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Hi guys

I heard this on the radio on my way home from work and thought to myself. That might be a fun thread.

Initially this was going to be just about those small things that are a real chore, I'll give the example that I heard on the radio, as it is a real pain in the you know what.

Taking out the ironing board

It doesn't take long but I have to go to a different room, open the cupboard we keep it in, invariably move something my darling wife has found storage for within said cupboard, remove the ironing board, replace said random article, put up the ironing board and sit dreading being asked to return in half an hour or so.

Or the little things that niggle at you in every day life

For example

In England it is considered good form to wave a polite thank you if somebody stops their car for you, whilst you negotiate a parked vehicle, or a friendly thank you from a biker if you pull into the curb side more in order to facilitate an easier overtake for him.

If aforementioned wave is not given, for some totally irrational reason I have to make a rude comment.

So as we are such a diverse bunch.

Let's see what niggles you about the world.

The first one to say Cody's posts does not get a prize
But at least I know it's coming

Cody

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I don't iron. Ever. Instead, I throw the clothes in the dryer with a wet washcloth for five minutes. Presto!
! De-wrinkled clothes!

Something I find to be a real pain....going to the store for just a couple of items. Hate that!

And telemarketers.

And chocolate covered candy with something really disgusting inside.

And spiders.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
And i thought you had a problem with your bottom Cody... was getting a bit worried there

I couldn't resist this, what niggles me before going to work is the following (Just a small brief overview as you know where you can find the rest of the post in question) :

Staggering downstairs and out in the garden to have my first fix of Tar, Benzene, Cadmium, Formaldehyde, Polonium-210, Chromium 1,3-Butadiene, Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons Nitrosamines and Acrolein.

After feeling somewhat a little dizzy after this first fix, Rodinus then proceeds indoors to pour himself a nice hot cup of methylene chloride or ethyl acetate rinsed decaffeinated coffee before partially staggering back outside for another fix of Tar, Benzene, Cadmium, Formaldehyde, Polonium-210, Chromium 1,3-Butadiene, Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons Nitrosamines and Acrolein.

Bla bla bla bla bla bla.... and then off to work

Otherwise, what niggles me is when you have mixed up 4 wheelbarrows full of of concrete, nearly putting your back out (as i did last Sunday) and taking all day to create a new step outside the door... carefully taking my time to get it all level and looking very professional and warning REPEATEDLY Mrs Rodinus and the last remaining sibling at home to please use the patio window to go outside for a couple of days until the step dries... and then at 10:30 at night, going outside to proudly inspect my wonderful job ONLY to find 2 massive great footprints smack bang in the middle which has pushed all the still wet concrete out of the wooden retaining boards... and cruelly ruined a masterpiece of work...

The worst thing about it is hearing Mrs R and sibling saying "It's your own fault, you should have warned us that it was still wet!) AAARRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH... Now THAT niggles me!

OH YES.. I agree totally with Smylee.. Telemarketers... (my opinion has been censored before it flows out of my fingertips!)

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 30-4-2013 by Rodinus because: Phrase added
edit on 30-4-2013 by Rodinus because: crap spelling

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

i can let a lot of things fly over my head but when the wife ask's me to pass something to her when it is clearly closer to her grrrrr darknewt says just grrrr

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Something I find to be a real pain....going to the store for just a couple of items. Hate that!

telemarketers

Check

And chocolate covered candy with something really disgusting inside.

Check

Rod

"It's your own fault, you should have warned us that it was still wet!)

Been there done that

How about changing the toilet roll what a pain in the butt that is. (or worse if you don't)

Cody

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by darknewt

Are you married to Mrs C as well darknewt ?

Cody

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
People who don't use blinkers!!!

They are on a car for a reason, use them!! I can't stand when someone just cuts you off without a signal. If you want to get over let me know and I'll let you over!! So many accidents could be avoided if people just used their darn blinkers!

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I hate looking for documents that i need say to tax the car, In my ridiculous huge pile of documents(which 99% are rubbish and need burning) i can never find anything i need and i end up throwing papers through the air and all over the kitchen...Imgettingnowangryjust thinking about it arrrrrrrrrrggg

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDoctor46
I hate looking for documents that i need say to tax the car, In my ridiculous huge pile of documents(which 99% are rubbish and need burning) i can never find anything i need and i end up throwing papers through the air and all over the kitchen...Imgettingnowangryjust thinking about it arrrrrrrrrrggg

And the worst thing about it is as you are burning that pile of papers... you see at the bottom of the charring remains a curled up blackening document that ressembles strangely that tax document that you ripped the house apart looking for

Kindest respects

Rod

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I hate when everyone shouts into the kitchen they all want a cuppa because they hear the kettle popping before you go up the stairs with a night cap grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Yes ive done that to haha. Im the most terribly organised human in the universe when it comes to paperwork.
..... I need a secretary!...

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
People who don't use blinkers!!!

They are on a car for a reason, use them!! I can't stand when someone just cuts you off without a signal. If you want to get over let me know and I'll let you over!! So many accidents could be avoided if people just used their darn blinkers!

In the UK we say the blinkers on merc's and BMW's only work on the day of the annual test.

Believe me it's true (umm unless you drive one of course in which case it's a complete fabrication)

Cody

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDoctor46

You should have seen me this weekend Doc

Where is myeffING M.O.T.

Cody
edit on 30/4/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

HAHA!

I use my blinker all the time! I really don't know why people don't use it. I told my fiancee last time he was home he needed to use it. He would just cut people off! I was like um USE THE BLINKER! I think it's a pride thing with men, not sure lol I'm not a man so I don't know but i know they won't ask for directions so using a blinker might be the same. lol

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ballymoney50
I hate when everyone shouts into the kitchen they all want a cuppa because they hear the kettle popping before you go up the stairs with a night cap grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Sod them

Yeah it's the same when we visit the family ............................ Codyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy if your making cup.

Nah I'm grabbing a beer

Cody

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

As an oldish let's say mature biker. I know how difficult it is to judge a car driver, been wiped out too many times to remember. Hence I always use mine.

Directions ? What in the hell are directions

Cody

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Having to go get a burn permit to burn stuff in the yard. The permits are free, nobody polices whether you have one or not, the fire department doesn't show up unless somebody calls grumping about it- but it is illegal to burn without one so you have to drive all the way to City Hall, fill out a form and wait for the city code enforcement officer to sign it (he doesn't even look at your name, address, etc.). It's redundant and bothersome!

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

You guys have some strange customs littled.
We have this custom amongst many others but that's for a different thread
It's pretty annoying but funny as hell

It's called morris dancing

Cody
edit on 30/4/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Going to the car in the morning with briefcase, tea in a travel mug. . . . and forgetting the keys.

Going back to the house, grabbing the keys and heading out to the car and. . .

DAMMIT! I left my tea inside!

Going back inside to get my tea, not forgetting my briefcase and keys finally getting to the car and. . . .

Where are my smokes?

*GAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH*

Going back inside for smokes and getting back to the car and wait for it. . . . .

I grabbed an empty pack!

Going back to the house and calling in.

I spent the day with my wife and son instead. God(s), whoever, (?) didn't want me to go to work that day.

I didn't argue.

True story!
edit on 30-4-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
(mostly at people in my house)....

When people don't turn off lights behind them if leaving a room/area....c'mon, YOU try paying my electric bill!

When people leave a half drunk soda can out....seriously? Couldn't put it back in the fridge, or finish it?

The dogs barking...hate it (but we're solving that).

The bird squawking....but we're solving that too.

We were able to teach every cat in the house how to use the toilet, except our 19 yr old who refuses to learn new things (but he's old...so....)

One horse that constantly feels the need to destroy his feed bucket.

People in traffic who just have to slow down to see every damn accident...causing huge backups.

If I want to guarantee that my wife will come over needing something, all I have to do is turn on a video game, and like clockwork....Poof! (I've learned to use this to my advantage though).

<<   2  3 >>

join