It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona to Start Selling Guns Purchased through Buy-Back

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Arizona cities and counties that hold community gun buyback events will have to sell the surrendered weapons instead of destroying them under a bill Gov. Jan Brewer signed into law Monday. The bill was championed by Republicans in the GOP-controlled Legislature who argued that municipalities were skirting a 2010 law that was tightened last year and requires police to sell seized weapons to federally licensed dealers. They argued that destroying property turned over to the government is a waste of taxpayer resources.

www.politico.com...

I'm hardly a NRA member, however, since buy-backs are universally considered ineffective by both gun control and gun rights groups, I'm happy to see this pass in Arizona.
edit on 30-4-2013 by MrFantastic1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
ff

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrFantastic1

Arizona cities and counties that hold community gun buyback events will have to sell the surrendered weapons instead of destroying them under a bill Gov. Jan Brewer signed into law Monday. The bill was championed by Republicans in the GOP-controlled Legislature who argued that municipalities were skirting a 2010 law that was tightened last year and requires police to sell seized weapons to federally licensed dealers. They argued that destroying property turned over to the government is a waste of taxpayer resources.

www.politico.com...

I'm hardly a NRA member, however, since buy-backs are universally considered ineffective by both gun control and gun rights groups, I'm happy to see this pass in Arizona.

Usually people turn in old rusted pieces of junk, then go buy a new gun with that money.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

skirting a 2010 law that was tightened last year and requires police to sell seized weapons to federally licensed dealers

Buy back and seized would be two different things, wouldn't it. If the idea of the buy back was to get guns out of the hands of citizens then selling them defeats that idea, I would think.

Guess this points out the uselessness of this whole agenda.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MrFantastic1

What do you mean "to start"??

It was pointed out a couple months ago when Gabby Gifford's hubby tried to buy an AR-15 to give to police (a felony BTW), most of the working firearms at police buy-backs are resold to the public.

new topics

top topics

join