It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did God create pain?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

If it was just the experience, then its a joke.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by InhaleExhale
reply to post by FreedomEntered

How does " pain" save your life?

Example: Your trapped in house that has caught fire, there is 1 passage to be able to exit the house.

You start feeling a burning sensations from the wild flames that sensation becomes more intense until its painful, this pain makes your brain tell your legs that I gotta get out here or I will die.

That is one example of how pain can save your life, another is your walking at the bottom of a cliff and small rocks fall and hit you on the head causing pain, most peoples reaction would be to look up and in doing so would see the large rocks breaking away and tumbling down the cliff giving them just enough time to get out of the way. The pain from the small rock save your life from the bigger one.

Just use your imagination, there are countless examples of how pain saves lives.

Imagine people who are tortured to death by some psychopath its simply " cruel" beyond belief but this happens also in the animal kingdoms they tear each other apart.

No thanks, You have a rather sick mind if you wish to imagine people being tortured, its real and no need to imagine unless you wish to come up with new ways of torture then the imagination with knowledge of the human anatomy and biology must come into play.

No in the animal kingdom no such torture or psychopaths exist, that's only part of the human mind.

I just feel its unacceptable and the creator could have chosen a better way to translate what is " not right" from what is right...

Pain is both right and wrong so you are simplifying the experience. Pain is not a way for God to communicate we are doing something wrong or right.

Pain is for us to experience and learn from or not, if not the experience will come by again and again, if we do not want to experience it anymore we learn how not to.

Why is it sick to imagine what pain others have been through? To understand the dangers that lurk surely we need to identify with others " pain" .
The experience ... doesnt make sense to me. If Im hit by a stone I wouldnt move out the way not everyone has the reflex to avoid pain since its also a " mind " thing. Id probably stay there, okay you can call me stupid lol... but countless people do not react to pain as the creator may have intended us to react.

So this isnt a justification as to why its a good thing ultimately.
edit on 3-5-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I think I can sum up the answer with an awesome anime picture.

Pain defines us as much as love and happiness. Without one, there cannot me another.

Its the concept of yin and yang. Balance.

Also, consider Newton's Third Law;

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

That's to say that without pain and suffering, there would be no joy or love. Or at least no appreciation or true feelings of it. It would be nonexistent or bland without pain and suffering.

And from a Biblical perspective, God tells us to embrace pain.

More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

God bless

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Why did God create pain?
To Feel!

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

If it was just the experience, then its a joke.

One could look at life as a joke, yes.

Others can see it as story, a game, a war, a glimpse, a sporting match.

There are many ways to view many concepts we experience.

Have you seen "Watchmen" when the character the "the Comedian " is about to be killed his speaks the words "its a joke, its all a joke".

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Why is it sick to imagine what pain others have been through? To understand the dangers that lurk surely we need to identify with others " pain"

Well then say Imagine the pain one must face if they are being tortured, not imagine them being tortured because imagining people being tortured is sick.

What dangers, what are you talking about? That the person being tortured will be in pain and we need to understand that, I don't get what your saying, are talking about empathy? if so yes empathy and identification of others pain and misfortune is required.

If Im hit by a stone I wouldnt move out the way not everyone has the reflex to avoid pain since its also a " mind " thing. Id probably stay there, okay you can call me stupid lol... but countless people do not react to pain as the creator may have intended us to react.

Well yes if your hit you wouldn't move out of the way because your already hit unless you time travel back before the stone hit you

Well if a person doesn't react to pain then its not pain one is feeling or they are testing their pain threshold.

No I wont call you anything as you said you would probably stand there, well then its probable that you would move as well.

Everyone reacts in their own way, the way the creator intended.

Both emotional and physical pain are necessary, you said if we are to understand dangers facing us we must identify another s if we have yet to experience it ourselves.

Its all an experience, our whole lives are, every moment every thought, every understanding, we experience it all.

Was it Bill Hicks who said life is like a roller coaster just sit back and enjoy the ride the best you can.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join