It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did God create pain?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I am thinking that this was Gods most stupid invention on earth and no doubt on other planets.

I am not saying I want to live forever. Just no pain. Imagine a world where people are bullied, savagely killed, dying of disease and famine but they cant actually feel the pain that comes with it.

Its better no? I am saying maybe there should be another " trigger" to show the body is going through pain. Maybe that is less cruel.

So I want to ask opinions on why people feel that there is " pain" as it doesnt have to be a valid trigger that an unnatural change is about to accur.

Is it some kinda joke? Like God purposefully enjoying abit of sadism on his world or.. or is just something he " forgot " about.

Thanks

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Cause if it was tickling when you lost and arm, you would just scratch the wound and go to bed.

Pain is a feeling that clearly tells you something is wrong with your body or feelings, and it triggers varius defence systems in your body, and prepare it for healing.

And also, pain in most cases make you scream or make some noise, which warn your surrounding of something is wrong, especialy in child age when you cry or scream, it warn's your parent's of danger.

Love your avatar

edit on 30-4-2013 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Hi Op,

I am not a believer, but i will always remember something one of my uncles used to say to me when we were play fighting and he used to get the better of me :

"Pain is a gift from God to let you know that you have done something wrong"

Throughout my life i have kept this phrase as a useful tool in my everyday activities to avoid pain... (but taking the G word out of course.)

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

FIRE HOT!!! FIRE BAD!!!

Yeah over simplified but basically why you have pain. Now chronic pain I am not sure what the hell that is about, but I would LOVE to find out!
edit on 30-4-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
why would you want a world without pain? just remember there would be no Joy without it.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Well no God could have left out pain. Well thats the worst thing about life... I mean....

Yes there could be other ways of god telling us when what we are doing is wrong, or unhealthy and so on.

Dont ya think?

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Yes there could be another way, cause in most cases pain is awefull, but it is at the same time very effective, so i can't see what else could work as effective as pain.

I have endured a lot of pain in my life, physical and mentally, and it has been terrible, the mentally is the worst one, as it takes much longer to go away, or it has for me.

But it also makes me stronger, and it becomes easier to withstand the more you experience it.

Pain is a good thing, if you think of it right, it can safe your life.

edit on 30-4-2013 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
First, prove it was god who created pain.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

I was always taught that pain is the devil's work. So don't blame God, blame satan.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

edit on 30-4-2013 by k21968 because: double post

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
The answer, as stated many ways different above, is so simple - it's almost silly...

Without pain, we don't fully comprehend joy. Without darkness, there can be no light...etc, etc...

The universe seeks a balance.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Hope what you are going through passes with minimal damage.

Pain can be a means of ensuring that you remember. Most pain also triggers heightened adrenaline responses. Those adrenaline responses seal in memory...hopefully for the best, but also for the worse (PTSD causes are theorized to be linked to this).

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I always thought the "Oh God" movies were some of the best movies about God (even though not a Christian myself). For example:

There was a scene, in this second installment, where a little girl, who could talk to God (George Burns), asks God, “Why do bad things happen?” God replied, “I always had trouble making one sided things.”

He goes on to explain that every front has a back, every light has a dark, good has evil, sickness has health, and so on. What in life does not have an opposing force or opposite side?

Always thought this was the best explanation, from a Christian standpoint, or any other.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

How does " pain" save your life? What I mean is for example if the creator had made us humans just have another trigger such as a beam of light to the eyes every time there is something wrong that blinds us but without the pain. We would then still know to do something due to the fact that its blinding but at least... at least it doesnt hurt. Imagine people who are tortured to death by some psychopath its simply " cruel" beyond belief but this happens also in the animal kingdoms they tear each other apart. I just feel its unacceptable and the creator could have chosen a better way to translate what is " not right" from what is right...

Pain hasnt made me stronger to pain I think its made me more " fearful" and aware. But some people dont get that chance to go through pain to the other side...
edit on 3-5-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
The same reason comfort was created.

For the experience.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomEntered
Well no God could have left out pain. Well thats the worst thing about life... I mean....

Yes there could be other ways of god telling us when what we are doing is wrong, or unhealthy and so on.

Dont ya think?

Any examples you wish to share of how God could communicate those things.

You learn from painful experiences maybe more so than from joyful experiences,

Why is learning how to live in this world bad?

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by k21968

I was always taught that pain is the devil's work. So don't blame God, blame satan.

Hay, if you feel pain, how about if blame must be dealt, blame yourself and learn not hurt yourself.

But its easier to blame the external instead of taking responsibility for ones own actions.

I actually don't see the OP blaming God but asking why.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
The answer, as stated many ways different above, is so simple - it's almost silly...

Without pain, we don't fully comprehend joy. Without darkness, there can be no light...etc, etc...

The universe seeks a balance.

Eloquently put,

star for this post as there is no easier way for it to be said

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

How does " pain" save your life?

Example: Your trapped in house that has caught fire, there is 1 passage to be able to exit the house.

You start feeling a burning sensations from the wild flames that sensation becomes more intense until its painful, this pain makes your brain tell your legs that I gotta get out here or I will die.

That is one example of how pain can save your life, another is your walking at the bottom of a cliff and small rocks fall and hit you on the head causing pain, most peoples reaction would be to look up and in doing so would see the large rocks breaking away and tumbling down the cliff giving them just enough time to get out of the way. The pain from the small rock save your life from the bigger one.

Just use your imagination, there are countless examples of how pain saves lives.

Imagine people who are tortured to death by some psychopath its simply " cruel" beyond belief but this happens also in the animal kingdoms they tear each other apart.

No thanks, You have a rather sick mind if you wish to imagine people being tortured, its real and no need to imagine unless you wish to come up with new ways of torture then the imagination with knowledge of the human anatomy and biology must come into play.

No in the animal kingdom no such torture or psychopaths exist, that's only part of the human mind.

I just feel its unacceptable and the creator could have chosen a better way to translate what is " not right" from what is right...

Pain is both right and wrong so you are simplifying the experience. Pain is not a way for God to communicate we are doing something wrong or right.

Pain is for us to experience and learn from or not, if not the experience will come by again and again, if we do not want to experience it anymore we learn how not to.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by k21968

Satan is a great scape goat for all gods failings, didn't god create satan?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join