It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd things happening in our home.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I am looking for some advice and thought I'd start here

First a short description of what is going on in our home.

About a month ago my son and I went next door to my fathers house for supper, we were gone about 30 minutes, when we came back in there was a broken mason jar shattered on the kitchen floor. Nobody else had been in our house while we were gone, what was really weird about it was it looked like someone randomly walked in the back door and threw a jar into our kitchen and slammed the jar down onto the floor as all the glass was was scattered in one direction.

A few days later I was taking a shower, (the kids were at school, hubby was at work) when i stepped out of the shower the water in the sink was running... creep'ed me out beyond belief!!!!!!!!

Now a couple of days ago my husband I were in our computer room, the kids are in bed and in the bath room the hair drier turns on. He and I both went in there to see what in the world was going on ... in short the hair dryer was laying on the counter and blowing hot air.. but there was no one in there to turn it on. We woke up both kids to see if they were playing some sort of prank... both said no, BUT my 14 yr old son said the air dryer had done this 2 days ago after I had gone to work. NOTE: I dont use a hair dryer, my 18 yr old son does and he was still in bed.

The same night as the hair dryer incident I went to bed all spooked out and the husband stayed awake doing what ever guys do on the internet ... sometime after I was asleep he got up and raided the pantry and found a box of graham crackers.. he took one and went and sat back down... ate it and decided he wanted another one. So he went back to the kitchen and the box of crackers was laying on the floor and all the crackers were on the floor on the other side of the kitchen. None of them were broken and neither of our dogs were in there eating said crackers. The first thing I asked him is if he closed the pantry door and he said yes he had, he had even latched it closed. So it had to have been unlatched and the crackers taken out and dropped on the floor etc etc

I know some of you will probably say that there is an explanation for all of these events, but honestly we have all tried to figure it out and have come to no conclusion. Is there anything we can do? Theres other smaller things that have gone on here in the house, but things breaking and water turning on and stuff moving around teh hose is really creeping us all out lol

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Spirit is trying to get your attention. Next time something happens, ask out loud "is this from the light?"

I know, sounds lame and you might feel silly, but try it. Trust your first instinct. If you feel a yes, try another question, ask if they want something, have something to tell you, etc.

If you get a no, stop all communication. Sage and salt the house.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I agree with above poster .
Somebody/something is definitely seeking attention .
Please don't be tempted to enlist the help of a spiritualist . All you need to do is sit quietly in one of the rooms where activity occurred and speak out loud to the entity. let it know that it has got your attention and trust your instincts regarding any replies that you think you might have received .
Here's where you have to be slightly firm . You have to say out loud that you will not stand for any more pranks .

In the mean time , it might be a good idea to remove the hairdryer from the bathroom , just in case the pranks increase .
Hairdryers in bathrooms are dangerous at the best of times ...

Good luck and please keep us informed

edit on 30-4-2013 by Gideon70 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by lostsock

Your first incident made me think of a type of thing that used to happen to my adoptive father.He used to be a farm manager,and had an entire house at his disposal.Sometimes late at night,as he was sitting by the kitchen table,having his last cuppa tea of the day-a plate or cup or some piece of crockery would suddenly smash on the floor next to the table.When he went to look,it would be something from the dryingrack by the sink that was gone from there,and now broken on the floor.Then he'd take it as time to go to bed.My brother(well,his youngest son,an adult at the time) was sleeping in that house one night,but because he was clairvoyant(he really Did see dead people)he asked his cousin John,also an adult,to sleep in that room also.We were there too,but housesitting the farmer's house,less than half a mile away, while they were on vacation.In the middle of the night we were woken by pounding on the front door.There was my brother and John,shaking like leaves,goggle-eyed+out of breath.Turns out that as my brother went to sleep,he sensed something,and saw a ghost of a man,sitting on his bed,with his back to him.He called out to John-who Also saw it(even though he had no clairvoyant facility) When the ghost man started turning around,they were out of there like bats outa hell.Did'nt even stop to get his car-they ran all the way in the dark from terror.My father always ignored such happenings,and i do too.In my own house,i have seen a fork/spoon(i forget which) jump out of the drying rack to the floor,heard things fall+turn to see groceries had launched themselves of the kitchen table to the floor,etc.It works for me to just ignore it,or pretend its just a normal happening.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
How long have you lived there? Do you know any background info on the house and it's previous occupants? Sounds like something is definetly there and wanting attention.

You should set out a recorder see if you can get any voices on there and a vid cam to see if you can capture any movement. Are there any paranormal investigators near you?

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Research poltergeist....

paranormal.about.com...

usually the events occur around an adolescent youth.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

We have had way more then that happen, we just say yeah weird, and keep going about our business. Sometimes like when the stove nob turned on while I was walking toward it and a nick-knack was placed gently on the floor in the dark so that my foot just touched it, (It came from a table about 6 feet away) I feel they want attention from me, I still ignore the whole thing and it seems to be ok. I am not afraid and we have no children in the house so that's good.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Everyday since we moved into our place about 12 years ago, there has been a thump on the door in the evenings, it is a big one sounds like the door is kicked. We used to jump out of our skin! We learned over time that there is noting there. it stopped for a few months last year then restarted and now has stopped again.

I have had pictures carefully removed from walls and placed neatly elsewhere. If you pay attention to the stuff it happens more, most of it is not dangerous but the stove turned on was as there was a towel part way on the burner and if I was not there it would have cause a fire. I made my husband learn never to leave anything on the stove!! if you ignore the stuff going on and don't even talk about it, it happens less and not as dramatic. So that is my advice.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

We have had way more then that happen, we just say yeah weird, and keep going about our business. Sometimes like when the stove nob turned on while I was walking toward it and a nick-knack was placed gently on the floor in the dark so that my foot just touched it, (It came from a table about 6 feet away) I feel they want attention from me, I still ignore the whole thing and it seems to be ok. I am not afraid and we have no children in the house so that's good.

You were lucky you saw the stove knob turn on. Hope it doesn't happen when you're not around. If it is a benevelant spirit, I would find it sad that it hasn't passed on to where it needs to be.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

You have a Poltergeist.
They are mischevious.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star

Originally posted by Char-Lee

You were lucky you saw the stove knob turn on. Hope it doesn't happen when you're not around. If it is a benevelant spirit, I would find it sad that it hasn't passed on to where it needs to be.

Yes I figure it wanted me to see the stove turn on, I was headed toward it to clean the top, the ceramic top kind so the burner glowed red immediately with the towel good thing I was there. The house was only 10 years old when we bought it and only 2 families had lived in it. I thought maybe my brother, father or one of my 4 grandparents, or 21 year old nephew may been saying hi.

I saw a spirit when I was 11, I suppose it appeared purposely to me, since I woke up as the old guy was watching me and my sisters but I don't know. He seemed benign, he was dressed in a suit with a cane that looked 1800's like the place we was living in at the time. In the closet of one bedroom was a box of 1800's bottles labled DR (Somename) Medicinal Liquor, or something like that all unopened.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by lostsock
I am looking for some advice and thought I'd start here

First a short description of what is going on in our home.

If this only happens in the house, most likely it is from a spirit. Here is what you can try:
ncu9nc.blogspot.com...

It might also be unconscious psychokinesis from someone living in the house. If that is the case the phenomena might occur at other locations when the person is present. In that case it is usually caused by some emotional upset and if you can identify who it is and what is bothering them and try to deal with it it might cause the phenomena to stop:
ncu9nc.blogspot.com...

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I haven't read through the other responses but as an intuitive who works with spirits, this is my take on it:

You definitely have a spirit in your space trying to get your attention. I wouldn't be very alarmed; this kind of thing is very common. Spirits can manipulate a variety of things, in particular electronics, and they can also move and knock things around and over. If a spirit is particularly advanced he or she can also cause materializations, but that doesn't seem to be what's going on.

I realize this kind of manifestation is startling, but in general these are actually pretty benign incidents. They don't seem aggressive, just attention-getting. Your best bet would be to directly address the spirit (politely -- no need to yell or freak out) and ask him or her to let you know what it is they want. Ask them to produce phenomenon that will help you identify them, if that is what you want. You may also consider bringing a professional intuitive or medium into your home to determine precisely what is going on, and why. Energetic practitioners are good too, because they can clear and bless a space.

The other possibility -- though I think it is less likely -- is mischievous elementals. If elementals or devics are in your space they often want you to know it, causing them to produce phenomenon such as you've described. Usually they only need to be acknowledged and asked to stop the shenanigans in order for the phenomenon to cease. They do not mean harm.

The biggest thing is **to not be afraid**. Fear emits a certain quality of energy that will strengthen a negative entity that may be present and/or draw negativity into a paranormally active situation. Remember always that you are senior in your space -- you own it and control who dwells within it -- so approach this entire situation with authority. Because you have it.

Good luck! Write me privately if you need more assistance.

Crys

new topics

top topics

join