It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today I came across a Bug -- Feeling Connected

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Its all about survival. Everything is. All plants and all animals have one goal and.one purpose. That is, to survive. The difference between humans and all other creatures is our survival is much more complicated to achieve. And that is based on our anatomy. For example, we dont have hair. We.have to learn how.to get warm. We learn to make fire to survive. We have an appetite for meat, but walk on two legs. So chasing down prey and trying to snatch it up in our.mouths is out of the question. So we learned to make weapons.

Our intelligence is part of us to make up for what is not. For most animals,it is simple. They manipulate their limbs to obtain what is beyond them. We have to manipulate our limbs to manipulate what is beyond us to obtain what is beyond us, and for this to work consistently, to ensure our long term survival, we have to develop systems that can perpetuate our efforts.

But the point is, even though our activities are complex compared to other animals, we remain united in our purpose. And while sometimes my purpose can put fear in an animal, the animal and I still have the same purpose. As it pertains to this thread, the purpose that all plants and animals share serves as common ground for communication. Even though the animals dont speak language, the purpose is still communicated. The problem with humanity is that weve gotten lost in the complexity and forgotten the purpose.
edit on 1-5-2013 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
What about the innocent mice and/or rats that you feed to your python that would be living if you didn't choose to have a python as a pet?

Pythons are carnivores and have to eat to live but it is your choice to have it as a pet and it is your choice to be responsible for it's food.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by clairvoyantrose

When I read the thread title I said to myself, "I'm really gonna regret opening this one." Nope! Glad I did. Nice thread.

Now, look at the face in my avatar. Does that look like the face of someone that talks to little birds and squirrels? Well, my real face doesn't look like it either. But, that's what I do, and sometimes (even though I know they don't understand me) I really think they're at least listening to me.

P.S. Is that a tattoo on your boo, er, chest? Other than that I love the tint of the pic. It makes you look as though your from the past, like the roaring twenties. Really cool!

edit on 4/30/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

I've got 2 birds on my collar bones

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheFinder
What about the innocent mice and/or rats that you feed to your python that would be living if you didn't choose to have a python as a pet?

Pythons are carnivores and have to eat to live but it is your choice to have it as a pet and it is your choice to be responsible for it's food.

Trust me, I've cried a couple times having to feed cute little rats to my baby girl... I give the rats thanks every single time. It's a lose lose situation because if my snake doesn't eat, it dies. And if my snake eats, the rats die... I feed frozen thawed though So I don't have to kill, and buy from a place that humanely puts down these rats.

I am happy to be able to give my snake a happy, healthy, ful-fulling life that she couldn't get somewhere else. People treat snakes like terrifying people eating monsters, when in reality they are big puppy dogs. If your precautions are adequate with your practices, there is no reason for anybody to be scared of snakes.
edit on 1/5/2013 by clairvoyantrose because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
Haven't stomped a bug in years. I try to find ways to put them to use. If I have a spider in the house, I take him out and put him on my Bonsai. They get a place to live, I get protection from the ones who want to eat my beautiful little trees. Same with praying mantis, I take them down to my fruit trees and give'em a free dinner.

Just don't get too warm and fuzzy with these:
www.umm.edu...
edit on 30-4-2013 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

Never would I get comfy with a black widow... Actually there happened to be a house in a town about 30 minutes away from where I live that had to be demolished because there were so many black widows in it. Kinda freaky. lol:

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join