It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today I came across a Bug -- Feeling Connected

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Saw a wood louse skittering across my floor and usually my first impulse it to stomp it, in pops a thought in my head saying "Please Don't!" This time as I bent down to pick it up to put outside he stopped in his tracks and waved his little antennas at me. I lifted my finger on my right hand and wiggled it at him and he wiggled his right antenna back. Switched to my left hand and he waved his little left one too. So I scooped this little dude up and put him outside on a piece of wood and he scurried away.

I've been feeling really connected to things lately, especially animals I never have taken an interest in. Like seagulls. I found myself outside with a group of 5 of them feeding them bread and talking to them. They would coo, come close, look at me thankfully, and after they were all done they danced in the sky and chirped playfully all for me to watch and take in. Also, I'm deathly afraid of spiders and the other day I came across a tiny one and decided to photograph it. Thought to myself "Ok little dude stay still for me..." and he stayed still long enough for me to get some macro shots and then he crawled away.

I feel a connection with my python too. I know when she's hungry, I know when she wants to be handled, and I know when she feels like having a soak in the bath or to bask outside in the sun. She is the sweetest little soul I've ever come across. She likes to hang out around my neck and flick her tongue all over my face. I think she likes to feel me breathing and appreciates the safety I am able to give her.

People say animals and bugs don't have souls, but I think that's wrong. They have souls, as little as they may be. Every mirco-organism, animal, plant, bug, person... has a purpose and a right to be here.

Anybody else feel incredibly connected to everything in life right now? The skies, the grass, the animals... I feel so blessed to be alive at this point in time despite the tyranny behind the curtain.

(only picture I own is the one w/ the python)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I'll regretfully admit that I scoop up insects and set them outside. Nothing wrong with saving a life here and there. /reactivate manhood.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I think they have a mind too. It's just much smaller.

I don't feel connected as much as I feel aware of the plight that all things are in.

I can't watch creatures without also realizing that they're eating other creatures on a daily basis, just as we're eating other creatures. I think hte difference between me and people like you is that you overlook the eating aspect. You're ok with that. But I can't overlook it without some despair. It's not a beautiful thing to me that we're eating each other. I know that it's tradition for spiritualists to embrace the killing of other creatures FOR FOOD, not for sport or indifferently. But no matter how much naturalists tell me that it's spiritually uplifting to respect the creatures you eat, I just cannot see the whole thing as positive. To me, it's despairing that creatures have to eat other creatures to live. It's not uplifting to me. I think people justify it because it's so historical. I think they believe that if we somehow changed it that the whole universe would collapse. They embrace it because it's so common. They're afraid to think outside the box because they think there's wisdom in staying inside.

I have a live and let live attitude. As long as these creatures respect my own living place, I leave them alone. I don't care if they're on a bush nearby just as long as it's not where I am living.

I clear spider egg sacks in hte closing months of winter before they start hatching in spring to keep the webs and the crawlers away from where people are walking (frequently). But I leave the others alone. By and large, there're far greater numbers elsewhere anyway.

Being connected with other animals doesn't mean utopia. It doesn't mean the constant warfare around us stops. It just means that we have a second thought about smashing them.

I also believe that our living arrangement with lower life-forms is the same living arrangement as higher life-forms have with us. Another words, there's a chance higher life-forms will eat us. There's also a chance that they'll smash us. But there's a lesser chance they'll reconsider doing those things. So everytime I can respect another creature or not harm it or something on that order, it gives me the sense that "Maybe the higher life-forms will do the same for us and not mindlessly smash us."

Sometimes I imagine a big mothership swallowing up a crowd of people like a vacuum cleaner and then grinding them up into a food to be processed into cuisine that's sold across the cosmos. It may not happen that way, but something like that is possible. I don't know why some people can't imagine it. We don't know what higher life-forms want. Maybe they like baby food? Ground up fetuses?

My form of connection is not as happy-go-lucky as yours.
edit on 30-4-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Covertblack
I'll regretfully admit that I scoop up insects and set them outside. Nothing wrong with saving a life here and there. /reactivate manhood.

I think it's quite manly of you doing that in the first place. A little compassion is the sexiest thing a man can own.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
I think they have a mind too. It's just much smaller.

I don't feel connected as much as I feel aware of the plight that all things are in.

I can't watch creatures without also realizing that they're eating other creatures on a daily basis, just as we're eating other creatures. I think hte difference between me and people like you is that you overlook the eating aspect. You're ok with that. But I can't overlook it without some despair.

I have a live and let live attitude. As long as these creatures respect my own living place, I leave them alone. I don't care if they're on a bush nearby just as long as it's not where I am living.

I clear spider egg sacks in hte closing months of winter before they start hatching in spring to keep the webs and the crawlers away from where people are walking (frequently).

Being connected with other animals doesn't mean utopia. It doesn't mean the constantly warfare around us stops. It just means that we have a second thought about smashing them.

Exactly
I don't have a problem with eating animals, because when it comes down to it I need my food too. I find a huge difference in the way I feel after I eat a processed meal with meat, and fresh meat with fresh produce. I feel the life in me when I eat naturally, and with processed it drags me down. I know how terribly the meat is prepared in factories and the energy follows until consumed. I make sure to say thanks each time I eat, like the Natives did.

I completely agree about the space thing, they are fine as long as they are not becoming a nuisance. I had a terrible ant problem and needed to get rid of them any which way I could so I did what needed to be done.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by clairvoyantrose

Know exactly how you feel, have been feeling the same for a while now.

I have been feeling more drawn to animals and insects lately. I got this thing for crows, don't know why but lately I can't stop thinking about them.

I listen out for their sounds, I love the sound they make, I always look out for them. Theres one I see from my kitchen window sometimes, and I find myself watching him and thinking he's beautiful.

A few weeks ago I was thinking about crows and I walked into my kitchen and one flew down landing where I had a perfect view.

I, like others here also put bugs and spiders outside whenever I find them in my flat, I even talk to them before I pick them up saying "I wont hurt you don't worry" lol.

Had a lovely encounter with a baby spider last week. I was washing up and I saw him sitting on the boiler next to me, I told him dont worry I wont hurt you, and he stayed there for ages.

A little while later my son asked me to come and play dalek battles in his room with him so I went in and sat down and looked over and there was the baby spider just sitting on the side of the bed looking at us, I thought aah bless him it was almost like he knew I wouldent hurt him and he wanted to come and say thanks.

He stayed there for ages then vanished. Have not seen him for days and then after reading your post was thinking about the spider and went into my kitchen and the spider's up on the ceiling.
edit on 30-4-2013 by restless genius because: more info

I just went and told my son that the baby spider's back. Ha ha he wants to keep him as a pet lol
edit on 30-4-2013 by restless genius because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by restless genius

Know exactly how you feel, have been feeling the same for a while now.

I have been feeling more drawn to animals and insects lately. I got this thing for crows, don't know why but lately I can't stop thinking about them.

I listen out for their sounds, I love the sound they make, I always look out for them. Theres one I see from my kitchen window sometimes, and I find myself watching him and thinking he's beautiful.

A few weeks ago I was thinking about crows and I walked into my kitchen and one flew down landing where I had a perfect view.

I, like others here also put bugs and spiders outside whenever I find them in my flat, I even talk to them before I pick them up saying "I wont hurt you don't worry" lol.

Had a lovely encounter with a baby spider last week. I was washing up and I saw him sitting on the boiler next to me, I told him dont worry I wont hurt you, and he stayed there for ages.

A little while later my son asked me to come and play dalek battles in his room with him so I went in and sat down and looked over and there was the baby spider just sitting on the side of the bed looking at us, I thought aah bless him it was almost like he knew I wouldent hurt him and he wanted to come and say thanks.

He stayed there for ages then vanished. Have not seen him for days and then after reading your post was thinking about the spider and went into my kitchen and the spider's up on the ceiling.
edit on 30-4-2013 by restless genius because: more info

I just went and told my son that the baby spider's back. Ha ha he wants to keep him as a pet lol
edit on 30-4-2013 by restless genius because: (no reason given)

Aww that's so sweet
I love giving little critters the benefit of the doubt. No need to hurt the spider, he's gonna snatch your mosquitoes up! Awesome that you're teaching your son to not fear critters and let them be

You coming across this thread while thinking those thoughts really is a beautiful synchronicity !!

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I absolutely agree.Any dumb ass can kill and destroy,that don't take balls,it takes 2 hands,sometimes just one.But a man is Never less for rescuing and creating and uplifting-only ever MORE.

OP i have had a most amazing experience once myself,with a lil dungbeetle-just astounding.It inspired me to make a thread; The amazing Amimal Encounters Thread-i think you will enjoy reading the experiences of myself and other members.Bless you.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raxoxane

I absolutely agree.Any dumb ass can kill and destroy,that don't take balls,it takes 2 hands,sometimes just one.But a man is Never less for rescuing and creating and uplifting-only ever MORE.

OP i have had a most amazing experience once myself,with a lil dungbeetle-just astounding.It inspired me to make a thread; The amazing Amimal Encounters Thread-i think you will enjoy reading the experiences of myself and other members.Bless you.

Thanks, I thoroughly enjoyed that thread of yours, among you alien ones. You are a very in-touch person and I admire that.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

You are beautiful inside and out. Your python is beautiful too.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Big S&F this-a way

My sister, the connections are beyond glorious! Allow me to share some lyrics from the song "Colors of the Wind."

"I kgnow every rock and tree and creature,..
has a life, has a spirit, has a name."

"The rainstorm and the river are my brothers.
The heron and the otter are my friends.
And we are all connected to each other,...
in a circle of a hoop that never ends."

It's not a manly or feminine thing to respect, appreciate, and feel unity with non-humans. This whole universe is a big unified family.

All creatures, animate or inanimate, have perfect awareness of what they are. They contain the "I AM" essence. They know perfectly well how it feels like to be what they are. Potato Bugs (what I call a wood louse) have their own perfect lives as potato bugs.

When you really sit back and observe insects, fish, birds, and all animals of the world,.... when you REALLY observe them, you kgnow that they have memories, and emotions, and wants, and pleasures, and individual ego-personalities, and understanding. They are just as alive as we, and according to their biological capabilities, they are fully sentient of existence.

Thank you for the beautiful OP clairvoyantrose.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

When I read the thread title I said to myself, "I'm really gonna regret opening this one." Nope! Glad I did. Nice thread.

Now, look at the face in my avatar. Does that look like the face of someone that talks to little birds and squirrels? Well, my real face doesn't look like it either. But, that's what I do, and sometimes (even though I know they don't understand me) I really think they're at least listening to me.

P.S. Is that a tattoo on your boo, er, chest? Other than that I love the tint of the pic. It makes you look as though your from the past, like the roaring twenties. Really cool!

edit on 4/30/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Haven't stomped a bug in years. I try to find ways to put them to use. If I have a spider in the house, I take him out and put him on my Bonsai. They get a place to live, I get protection from the ones who want to eat my beautiful little trees. Same with praying mantis, I take them down to my fruit trees and give'em a free dinner.

Just don't get too warm and fuzzy with these:
www.umm.edu...
edit on 30-4-2013 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

Hello jonnywhite. I enjoyed every bit of your post.

Do you observe or interact with plants, flowers, or trees? According to their biological capabilities, they are fully aware of existence and they are also aware of their essence.

People have kgnown for a long time that plants react positively when they experience positive interaction with a human, whether it be by softly touching the plant, singing or talking to it, or simply observing it.

We have now observed how plants react, signal, and communicate with pollinating bugs, and also how they react towards non-beneficial bugs.

So even as a vegetarian or vegan, we can't win over the conscious reality of consumption. Even in eating salad we kill conscious life. Wow!
Ha ha

That's why some Jains, Buddhists, Daoists, Rastafar-I, and many people around the world choose not to eat or kill any animal or insect. Even going so far as to only eat from a plant or tree in such a way that the plant is not killed. For example; eat an apple, the apple tree lives on. Eat a carrot, it ceases to exist.

My friends, there is a beautiful way to understand eating, consumption, and food-chains.

Let us briefly use our solar system as example;

Sol, the Sun, burning so magnificently. But what owes the Sun's manifestation? Surely Hydrogen and Helium atoms are being obliterated! So we can say the Sun is consuming atoms.

Plants down here on Earth then in turn consume the Sun's photons, they consume some air, some water, and some elements in soil. We eat the plants, animals and bugs eat the plants, we eat the animals and bugs. And even the elements earth, fire, wind, and water consume life and other elements.

In our Solar System, EVERYTHING IS EATING EVERYTHING.

But hold on a second! What exactly "is" everything? Quick answer; All is One and One is All. But for convenience's sake, everything is made up of particles and subatomic particles which are no different than the particles and subatomic particles of everything else. Not a single particle or subatomic particle is truly separate nor isolated from any thing else. Scientifically, there is no such thing as absolute separation.

And finally to tie all of that together..... Every action, interaction, consumption, and eating is simply the transfer of energy.... a communication.... a relationship. Subatomic particles moving around and vibrating with each other in a magnificent unity.

Peace

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

reply to post by restless genius

restless genius and jiggerj,

I talk to the animals and insects too. I even talk to Earth, Sun, trees, plants, and flowers. Send them love and observe, you'll hear them talk back.

Peace

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Bugs have been on this planet a lot longer than mankind. Their minds are a lot smaller but how do we know that they are not a lot more efficient. They have collective consciousness, a communication that we are deceitfully told we do not possess. We have no real way of knowing how smart a bug is. A bee can fly, man can't without the aid of technology. They can maneuver more steadily in the air than our most technical helicoptors.

I think everything has a right to live if they are doing nothing wrong. Spiders don't belong in our houses but that is not a reason to kill one. Put it outside.'

My granddaughter was at our house and a spider was on the outside of the window on the front porch. She told me to kill it because she was scared of it. I told her it wasn't hurting anyone but she said she wanted it dead....Another spider came up and threw a web around it and killed it as we watched, almost as if it knew what she was saying. I still cannot believe that happened, my wife was there also watching this. We were all in shock with what we were seeing. If this were the first time I was seeing something like this happen, then I would say it was just a coincidence. I know it is not a coincidence, coincidences do not happen so often as I have observed.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
i dont feel a connection to insects or animals really but ive come to respect insects more. the last few years i always try and save bugs and set them free outside. like if a cricket is stuck in the sink or a bee lands in a pool. i think just because they are so tiny does that mean there life is that less important?

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule

You are beautiful inside and out. Your python is beautiful too.

Thanks my friend

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kgnow

Big S&F this-a way

My sister, the connections are beyond glorious! Allow me to share some lyrics from the song "Colors of the Wind."

"I kgnow every rock and tree and creature,..
has a life, has a spirit, has a name."

"The rainstorm and the river are my brothers.
The heron and the otter are my friends.
And we are all connected to each other,...
in a circle of a hoop that never ends."

It's not a manly or feminine thing to respect, appreciate, and feel unity with non-humans. This whole universe is a big unified family.

All creatures, animate or inanimate, have perfect awareness of what they are. They contain the "I AM" essence. They know perfectly well how it feels like to be what they are. Potato Bugs (what I call a wood louse) have their own perfect lives as potato bugs.

When you really sit back and observe insects, fish, birds, and all animals of the world,.... when you REALLY observe them, you kgnow that they have memories, and emotions, and wants, and pleasures, and individual ego-personalities, and understanding. They are just as alive as we, and according to their biological capabilities, they are fully sentient of existence.

Thank you for the beautiful OP clairvoyantrose.

Peace.

Hey
I appreciate the time you took to read and reply. Glad I can spark something within you! Life really is beautifully synchronized in so many ways.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Theres been times where id look at the right thing at the right time. Its like god or something coordinating your eyes to look in a place where an event occurs to witness its, for lack of a better term, dance.

I also share a camaraderie with my dog and other animals that is based on our common desire and common purpose to survive. Even if I were to kill an animal for food. Thats okay. We share the relationship of predator and prey. I can empathize with its fear, and without regret, slay it, because ive been preyed on before. Its not something im proud of, to kill, nor do I regret it, but it is understood that this is how it goes.

Empathy and compassion is what we use to communicate non verbally with anything. You take it all as it comes. Good or bad. Its a respect and reverence thing.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join