It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another town on Lock Down

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Rural Calif community on lockdown as killer sought

Do you still feel they are acting like jack booted Gestapo?

Sometimes you have to just burn them out like the old days.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Good, I hope they find the jerk who stabbed that poor girl. How heartbreaking. Shes' so adorable. People these days...

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by samkent

Sometimes you have to just burn them out like the old days.

We could try that, but I dunno if people would be more upset over the searches or their house burning down.

Also is the story just making light of how the killer has made the community feel? The only thing I saw that was blocked off was the crime scene.
edit on 30-4-2013 by Covertblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by samkent

Yesterday, it was Bombers and suspected terrorists in Boston. Today? A garden variety child killer. I hate to use that term ..garden variety ..but it's accurate if not politically correct. The fact they say killing is extremely rare in that community suggests the suspect likely isn't even from that community ..hence.. the horse was out of the barn and over the hills before they've tried slamming the barn door shut.

What's next? A clerk gets killed in a Stop-n-Rob hold-up to bring a city into "lock-down"? What we need locked down are the command levels of authority that believe "lock-down" of ANYTHING is an appropriate answer to criminal action in a free nation.

The whole term and concept really pissed me off when it was simply applied to schools and held so tightly that kids are held beyond even the reach of their parents until others 'deem it safe' to allow them back to them. Now though? This is getting totally out of hand. It doesn't need to be MP's and Up-Armored Humvees down streets with turret gunners to be over the top. It doesn't, indeed.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I live near there.

There is no community lock down.

The police are searching for a killer.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
I live near there.

There is no community lock down.

The police are searching for a killer.

What I thought, the article just says the crime scene is blocked off.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

Perhaps you can elaborate a bit on why the media uses the term? Are they canvassing the area aggressively, to use more P.C. terms? I'd wonder why the wording would even occur to anyone to bring into play ..if it's a routine investigation and manhunt. Those happen almost daily somewhere in the nation and have for as long as I've been alive. Lock-Down is a whole new concept of recent years and recent definitions?

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by Wildbob77

Perhaps you can elaborate a bit on why the media uses the term? Are they canvassing the area aggressively, to use more P.C. terms? I'd wonder why the wording would even occur to anyone to bring into play ..if it's a routine investigation and manhunt. Those happen almost daily somewhere in the nation and have for as long as I've been alive. Lock-Down is a whole new concept of recent years and recent definitions?

I think it just means that people are locking their doors and loading guns. At least what the article addressed.

In a pastoral place where fat horses swish their tails in knee-high grass and few people had ever bothered to lock their doors, residents now say their guns are loaded.

edit on 30-4-2013 by Covertblack because: Added quote.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Covertblack

Here is hoping you're right then and it's just a misuse of terms...although very widely misused, if that be the case.

California town on lockdown as police hunt for suspect who fatally stabbed 8-year-old girl
^^ (New York Daily News) One image from that story appears to show a roadblock and a very strong police presence on a rural road outside the residential area this happened in, in another.

Hunt for Leila Fowler's killer: Community on lockdown
^^ (USA Today) They also use the term in headlines?

I suppose we may well just see the media coining a new term without much thought for how it's thrown around? It would be nice if that is all it amounts to.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
So....where were the kids parents at the time of the stabbing? Before you flame me with "I used to stay home alone when I was 12", you know that we do not live in the same age as we did back then. There was a loaded gun in that house, yet no adult there to use it and save their child. Where were the parents? This happened on Saturday. Were both parents at work? On a Saturday?
edit on 30-4-2013 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by samkent

What are your thoughts about this crime and "lockdown" as you called it? Surely you can not consider two sentences a thread? I for one would like to hear your views about this.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Here is hoping you're right then and it's just a misuse of terms...although very widely misused, if that be the case.

California town on lockdown as police hunt for suspect who fatally stabbed 8-year-old girl
^^ (New York Daily News) One image from that story appears to show a roadblock and a very strong police presence on a rural road outside the residential area this happened in, in another.

Hunt for Leila Fowler's killer: Community on lockdown
^^ (USA Today) They also use the term in headlines?

I suppose we may well just see the media coining a new term without much thought for how it's thrown around? It would be nice if that is all it amounts to.

I think it's misused quite a bit.

The earlier article did say the road by the crime scene was blocked off.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesmokingman
So....where were the kids parents at the time of the stabbing? Before you flame me with "I used to stay home alone when I was 12", you know that we do not live in the same age as we did back then. There was a loaded gun in that house, yet no adult there to use it and save their child. Where were the parents?

Small town mentality. I live in a very low population area where people think the same thing towards crime. It's the, "it doesn't happen here" thinking that has been the downfall of many people.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Covertblack

So....where were the kids parents at the time of the stabbing? Before you flame me with "I used to stay home alone when I was 12", you know that we do not live in the same age as we did back then. There was a loaded gun in that house, yet no adult there to use it and save their child. Where were the parents?

Small town mentality. I live in a very low population area where people think the same thing towards crime. It's the, "it doesn't happen here" thinking that has been the downfall of many people.

I agree 100%! You know, its not just the stranger breaking in factor, what if there were a fire, or something else at the home? If you want to protect your children, do not leave them alone, period.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Fair enough and you have a very valid point .... So too does the Op here in bringing the story, I'd think. If he were citing the wording from a NY Post or Examiner article ...or another pillar of credibility in the same class? I'd have quickly joined in to suggest a bit of sensationalism in making this thread. Given that I just Googled the town name and "Lock Down" to basically find every major media organization in the nation represented for portraying it the same way? Well... I suppose they may well have gotten this one wrong from the resident member's local perspective?

Thank you just the same for sharing it though, are my feelings to the Op starting the thread for us.

edit on 30-4-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
It's all fine and dandy until someone in some form of clout comes up with the idea to place a number on the location of everyone and then monitor those little numbers and in the event one of those little numbers needs to be found, they simply have to call it up and have them picked up.

Oh wait we are just a few Ip addresses and smart phone versions away from that, huh.

Or they want us all to live inside a certain zone to allow for better " safety " as they call it.

The future doesn't look bright in the eyes of someone trying to keep you all safe, it's very focused, functional, tightly sequenced and monitored, as well filtered and screened, and that's just the sunlight in the future.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
People these days...

These days...

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
If every time there is a manhunt, or there is a killer on the loose, et al. and they decide to lock cities down (the way they did in Boston) the entire country is going to look like it's under military occupation.

The police operated without humvees and armoured personnel carriers for years. They also operated with a 10th of the alphabet agencies they have now...

If this progresses into something I can picture in my mind, and there is a whole alphabet of alphabet agencies (26 divided by 3) active every time an enemy of the state is being sought, it could get very ugly.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
This is a self imposed lock down in a tiny community.

Are you trying to compare this to the situation in Boston? That is a nonsensical comparison if so.

I hope they catch the child killer and justice prevails.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

So....where were the kids parents at the time of the stabbing? Before you flame me with "I used to stay home alone when I was 12", you know that we do not live in the same age as we did back then. There was a loaded gun in that house, yet no adult there to use it and save their child. Where were the parents? This happened on Saturday. Were both parents at work? On a Saturday?
edit on 30-4-2013 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)
If you had read the article, you would have noticed this.

news.yahoo.com...

The parents were at a Little League game at the time their daughter was attacked, Campbell said. Leila's brother found her and notified the father, who called 911 and went home, he said.

R.I.P to the girl,a completly unnecessary murder.
edit on 30-4-2013 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join