It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation Paul Revere Contest "Cherico" (My entry)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
With the clear division between the right and left over firearms, I thought I'd make a short video to outline what could happen if they ever came for the guns. I am by no means a film maker and only used a small Sony camcorder to film the entire video. I had editing help from my friend Joe who also did the score.

The right to keep and bear arms has become a real social issue and could lead to civil unrest from both sides.

I thought I would share my video "Cherico" with everyone here on ATS to enjoy.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Very nice

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I love it S&F OP, one thing I did see that you may want to edit out if you can is the "I-Phone" image on the I-Phone at about 5-6 min in , I had thought about entering but didn't have time to work on it , but I did read over the rules a bit & I don't think you can have product placment in the entries. I'm not sure & by no means am I saying its not going to be a top10 in it, but just thought I would point that out other than that its great! great video work also

edit on 4/30/2013 by dedpope because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by dedpope

Thanks!

I see what you mean. I don't think it will be an issue though. We were careful to follow the rules. We had a few times that we had to edit out some vulgarity but I got clarification that what was in there is acceptable. I don't think it will win but I hope my friend Joe gets a job offer out of it.
edit on 1-5-2013 by SWCCFAN because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I watched the whole thing, not a bad little flick...I personally think the idea is a little far fetched...but still not a bad little flick.

One question...how did the guy who went to pick up a log die...I'm totally lost on that one.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Venomous bite. I didn't want to risk messing with a real snake or spider, and we couldn't find any realistic props so we just tried to place the camera where you would not have been able to see the attacker hiding under the log. You mention it was a little far fetched. The interesting part is that the emergency announcement we wrote about everyone being restricted to their homes, was written weeks BEFORE the Boston bombing and then suddenly we have an example of it happening... Startled us a little when we realized it.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Ok, I thought maybe a snake or something...but I didn't see it.

And don't sweat my personal opinion about it being far fetched...I'm going to see Iron Man 3 this weekend...far fetched ideas don't effect the quality of a movie

It was interesting enough to keep me watching for the full 25 minutes, so I'd say you did a good job.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by LogicGrind

Thanks!

The Idea was to show that if firearms become illegal to own than those that refuse to comply will be criminals and be forced to go on the run.

It is a little far fetched but today that is what entertains most people. That is what our goal was. Entertainment that makes you think....

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Nice little B movie, plot was pretty good. I don't really see how its far fetched that's basically how things would go if you ask me. Government would say guns are illegal, and you would have to bring them in. The government would then create gun control task forces just like there are ones for moon-shining, and illegal drugs. people that don't want to follow gun control laws would have to move into the fringes of society and hid there contraband.

the whole time i was doing the usual action movie complaints to lol.

1. Gun bans went in place and they didn't immediately take all there gun out of there house and hide them come on.!!!

2. Why is that guy only wearing a short sleeve shirt, hes getting hypothermia tonight.

3. A campfire really your gonna make a campfire!!!!

4. Your going back into town to get food! so you had a safe spot but no supplies!

5. Why are these guys standing in an open field collecting fire wood, and where are there guns?

but all and all awesome job, really enjoyed the movie.S&F

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by bigcountry08

Glad you caught most of those things. All those mistakes were done on purpose, just like not having a med kit, leaving one guy there by himself instead of the small group staying together, and only having cell phones to communicate with. It was designed to show people, who are only half-heartedly aware, everything that can go wrong if they wait till its too late and then try to make a plan. So many people say "this will never happen here." It's called the normalcy bias. If it ever does, its really hard to suddenly learn everything you need to know when you are running for your life... it will most likely have a bad ending one way or another...

top topics

join