Feather Crown of Death

page: 1

join

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
When I was a child my Grandma would allow me to pilfer through her hope chest. It was my favorite thing to do with her, she would tell me the stories that went along with each cherished item, my most favorite was the feather crown...it looked just like this
It was my grandma's mothers feather death crown...you see what would happen is back then people mostly used feather pillows
and most often than not they would pass away with their heads on a feather pillow. According to grandma the women would open up the feather pillow in search of these interwoven feather crowns, some folks had them in their pillows and some folks didnt but it was common belief that finding a feather crown was a sure sign that the person was allowed to enter heaven...has anyone ever seen these or heard about them??? No huge conspiracy just interesting old wives tale I felt like shareing...feel free to post some of your favorite wives tale stories....and or thoughts...
edit on (4/30/1313 by shells4u because: spelling
edit on 4/30/2013 by semperfortis because: corrected all caps

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by shells4u

Like my pillow, but would it be worth cutting it open to find out where I,m heading?

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by shells4u

That's a great story, and one I had never heard before. Thanks.

The "crown" reminds me of a halo; and I suppose those with strong faith might have a high electron field that could creates the feather disks. That or they're called up by whirlwind? I'm not sure why, but God seems to love spirals and orbits.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by donlashway

The pillows were opened AFTER the person passed away...So I suppose it would be quite comforting to know that a loved one was truly in a better place, people back then believed these things whole heartedly they are old wives tale to us but was their perception of fact way back then...On the other hand if there was not a feather crown I am sure that was very sad and would have made the grieving process very difficult...My grandma only had just the one crown...Hmmmm

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

your welcome bleeep...and yes God does seem to be particular to spirals and circles...our own DNA, Flowers, and my favorite sea shells

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I had never heard of this before - thanks for sharing!

Here is a link I found that has a lot of feather crown stories and pictures: carrollscorner.net...

top topics

join