It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Needing Advice for a Ghost Hunt

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I don't think you should investigate by yourself. Are there any paranormal investigators near you that might want to help?

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
I don't think you should investigate by yourself. Are there any paranormal investigators near you that might want to help?

Why not? No one on record has ever been killed by a ghost or even filmed one. He's safer investigating ghosts than he is walking down any street at 1 am.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Yes, there is a large number of organizations. I've never heard of any of them though and I don't know how trustworthy any of them are. Also I would assume they would want payment which may or may not be possible...

Why would I not want to do this myself? What could I do that would help prepare myself to do it myself if another option is not available?

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by XTexan

Yes, there is a large number of organizations. I've never heard of any of them though and I don't know how trustworthy any of them are. Also I would assume they would want payment which may or may not be possible...

Why would I not want to do this myself? What could I do that would help prepare myself to do it myself if another option is not available?

If you feel you must then do it. Nothing will happen outside your own imagination I can guarantee 100%.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DPrice

I feel I should, if nothing else to put my wife's mind at ease. As I said in my previous reply to you there are a few perks in it for me to do this.

And heck who knows, maybe I'll be the one the find something and change the world lol. If nothing else its a new experience.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by XTexan

If you're of the mindset of having fun with it and putting your wife's mind at ease then go for it and enjoy. If you do find something to change the world and provide evidence of an afterlife then I will be the first one praising your name.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by XTexan

You seemed determined to follow up with your Ghost hunt so why don't you buy a Ouija Board and ask the
entities to reveal themselves?

Apparently you are confident that you can deal with paranormal forces.

edit on 30-4-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12
reply to post by XTexan

You seemed determined to follow up with your Ghost hunt so why don't you buy a Ouija Board and ask the

Ouija boards have been proven to be a pile of crap by Derren Brown amongst others.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12
reply to post by XTexan

Assuming the stories of Ouija Boards are true, I have no interest in opening the door to the other side any more than it already may be. Besides, also from what I hear using one would invite more entities into my home...

I guess I don't see how inviting strangers into my home to investigate is any more dangerous than me doing it myself...

edited to add: just realized you recommended a priest, not a paranormal team. Do priests these days come and go through the home of every Joe Schmo that brings up things like this to them or would they laugh me away unless I had some form of evidence?

My goal is to get evidence that I can then use to either ease my wife's mind, or act on
edit on 1-5-2013 by XTexan because: corrected my thinking

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
So here's a pic of the statue, still not sure who it is though... Any ideas?

img.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 1-5-2013 by XTexan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by XTexan

To make it easier to identify, do you have an idea of what the object is that the statuette is holding in its right hand please?

Is there any kind of stamp on the bottom or mark... is the statue hollow or solid, (if so could you eventually take a pic?)

Kindest respects

Rodinus

edit on 2-5-2013 by Rodinus because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-5-2013 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Hey,
Before you get the full spectrum camcorder out and potentially scar your child for life:

How much mystical energy can a mass produced "ornament" such as that possess??
If it was a 6000 year old spear with strange Assyrian cuneiform inscriptions at least you might be able to rationalise. At some point yur son will ask " Daddy, why did you all go nuts over something that looks like it came from walmart".

I think it's much more likely your live in servant/friend is playing games.

Does the servant/friend have a strong relationship with your wife....are they in cohoots to try and send you insane.
Maybe she is only being both a seervant and friend in the short term???

Maybe set up the camera in the servants/friend's bedroom or bathroom to see if any energiez emanate and post results for us to discuss?

edit on 2-5-2013 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I personally think that if the OP wants to get to the brunt of this issue, then the most logical thing to do, if he wishes peace of mind for his wife and family is to firstly eliminate any logical and physical explanation concerning this activity before going on a "ghost hunt" so to speak.

Thus being the reason if some posters would wish to read my comments, that i have suggested certain preliminary actions to be carried out firsthand, such as finding out about the house history, what material was used to build the house, lighting used, draughts... and even such things as loose flooring, were previous occupants/owners of religious tendancies, ley lines, researching at the town hall and public library or local parish etc etc... all different types of research that can eliminate some of the "activity" that has been observed.

Plus : All of the above is quite fun and helps you to have a deeper knowledge of the history of the house that you and your family live in.

Here is an interesting link that can help you :

www.mnn.com...

I still think that the statue has nothing to do with this type of activity and although i have done a fairly exhaustive search (and i haven't finished), my thoughts about this object still relay around St Joseph... (but to be confirmed if i can manage to find extra information).

I have a fairly good knowledge (although by no means am i a pro!) of this type of research as a hobby, and have had the occasion quite a few times to help out people who have had roughly the same type of issues : most of the time this or these issue (s) were related to "physical/mechanical" issues within the homes which had nothing to do whatsoever with "paranormal" activity.

I think that starting of on a "ghost hunt" and spending much money and maybe being conned by charlatans at the same time is probably not the best way to go about things... but that's my opinion.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

edit on 2-5-2013 by Rodinus because: Another crap spelling mistake

edit on 2-5-2013 by Rodinus because: Link added

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jukiodone
Hey,
Before you get the full spectrum camcorder out and potentially scar your child for life:

How much mystical energy can a mass produced "ornament" such as that possess??
If it was a 6000 year old spear with strange Assyrian cuneiform inscriptions at least you might be able to rationalise. At some point yur son will ask " Daddy, why did you all go nuts over something that looks like it came from walmart".

I think it's much more likely your live in servant/friend is playing games.

Does the servant/friend have a strong relationship with your wife....are they in cohoots to try and send you insane.
Maybe she is only being both a seervant and friend in the short term???

Maybe set up the camera in the servants/friend's bedroom or bathroom to see if any energiez emanate and post results for us to discuss?

edit on 2-5-2013 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

My son is currently to young to understand whats going on, he doesn't even know the statue exists and could care less. He is much more concerned with getting his next cookie lol. I appreciate your concern though. I have suspected the friend, but I truly don't think she's up to anything funny. Putting surveillance on her is prolly not an option though, especially in the bathroom and bedroom. Also my wife was experiencing things before the friend was in the picture. They're not driving me insane though.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rodinus
reply to post by XTexan

To make it easier to identify, do you have an idea of what the object is that the statuette is holding in its right hand please?

Is there any kind of stamp on the bottom or mark... is the statue hollow or solid, (if so could you eventually take a pic?)

Kindest respects

Rodinus

edit on 2-5-2013 by Rodinus because: (no reason given)

I believe he is holding the same thing as the statue in this photo:

statue.jpg

I'll try and check later today for a stamp, I think its hollow but Ill verify

edited to add:

I'm reviewing your link, thank you
edit on 2-5-2013 by XTexan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by XTexan

Thanks for your reply X,

This confirms a little what i was thinking as St Joseph can also sometimes be depicted carrying a lantern, shepards crook or a child.

The statue you have in your garden seems to be a fairly rare one that was not mass produced, but to verify that is the reason why i asked about particular marks on its base.

Could you possible send me a link to where you found that pic?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rodinus
reply to post by XTexan

Thanks for your reply X,

This confirms a little what i was thinking as St Joseph can also sometimes be depicted carrying a lantern, shepards crook or a child.

The statue you have in your garden seems to be a fairly rare one that was not mass produced, but to verify that is the reason why i asked about particular marks on its base.

Could you possible send me a link to where you found that pic?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Google image search for "st joseph staff statue", second picture

search results
edit on 2-5-2013 by XTexan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
You may need a license to hunt ghosts. The government is making licenses necessary for everything so they can fund their programs.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
If I were to investigate, I would buy a used tape recorder (as you are looking for inexpensive equipment), as I read numerous times this is the best way to capture EVPs. I would also keep the recorder running continuously throughout the times when the spirits seem to manifest, and over a long period.

I have posted a 'how to' link for you. However, assuming there are ghosts there, they may not be grounded there, but rather what may be termed as 'visiting' ghosts. So, investigating for only one day may prove fruitless.
www.ehow.com...

As well, considering the ghosts are female, I would definitely ask your wife is she would participate, because if the spirits are present, they may only answer to another female.

I hope you resolve this problem either through practical explanation or otherwise.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by XTexan

Well done... after 2 days of frustrating research i completely forgot to use the word "staff"! i was using the word "crook" and every other possible object that he could have in his hand

All you have to do now if you respect the tradition is to clean it and place it in your house somewhere.

Would be interesting to know the markings to see if this statue was mass produced or not, as your particular statue cannot be found on the internet... (might be worth something?)

So i guess this can already put your mind (and your wifes) at ease as to why the statue was buried in the garden!

Have you got anywhere with the rest of your research?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join