It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome to "The "chook shed" she squats in is at One Mile Dam"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
omg how the hell is it that there is no funding to bring these homes up to an acceptable standard!!!!

David Gulpilil's EX? wife lives in 'chook shed' (for those that don't know... he is a very famous Actor)

Ms Ashley, 55, has no electricity or running water. No toilet. Her home is made of tin and has a concrete floor.
Mr Timber said the electricity line to the back two houses went off on March 30 last year and he suspects it was deliberately cut off.

"This is discrimination for starters. David Geddes from Power and Water gave me two figures, two conflicting figures to fix it, $100,000 and $50,000," he said.

"I think it's because the Government wants that part of land."

Shame on our Government!

NT Intervention BS:
The Sinister Agenda behind Aboriginal Child Protection

edit on 30-4-2013 by Thurisaz because: insert pic

edit on 30-4-2013 by Thurisaz because: insert EX

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

The picture in your thread, the third one on the website As soon as I saw how skinny she is, I literally had to scroll away and compose myself. Is she normally skinny, or is this what I think it is?

Because if it is, then the government of Australia should be ashamed of themselves for putting her and her husband into a situation like that.

Yet they can sleep at night, happy as flies on feces. But it will catch up with them, one day or the other.
edit on 30-4-2013 by FollowTheWhiteRabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by FollowTheWhiteRabbit

It is appalling and shameful.

I am too angry at the moment to respond adequately.

it is dreadful.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
As an Aussie, I'm not surprised in the least. I've not heard of her husband though, maybe if I saw his face I would know him by sight. For as long as the white settlements have been here they have been doing their best to forcibly remove natives from their lands, the entire country over, if they can't buy them out, they cut them off. It's disgusting.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I am just trying to find some more information about the area, One Mile Dam:

seems the area that is neglected is the thorn in the new high rise housing development:

One Mile Camp

cannot quote it, it is a copied image of a newspaper article.

Aboriginal disadvantage on show at NT camp
Interesting interview.

edit on 30-4-2013 by Thurisaz because: insert link

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I don't understand. If he is a famous actor, working on another film, why doesn't he help? What am I missing?

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

I am not sure about his personal wealth but from this article he is very traditional even though he is an Actor:

No one seems to know where David Gulpilil is when I arrive at the Ramingining air strip aboard the scheduled eight-seater air service.

Gulpilil has no phone but he has several contact numbers. The Ramingining folk always seem happy to pass messages on, but are never sure when they might see him.

"People say to me: You're a big name. You have money. Why don't you buy yourself a house; get out of Ramingining?," he says. "This is my country. I belong here, and I'm broke."

That world seems even farther away at the ramshackle humpy where Gulpilil lives with his fourth wife, traditional artist Robyn Djunginy. There is no power or running water; they cook bush tucker over an open fire beneath a scrap iron roof

The double life of David Gulpilil

This article is from 2012 and it states he lives with his 'fourth' wife so perhaps Miriam is his estranged wife?

edit on 30-4-2013 by Thurisaz because: fix formatting

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Ok I will shed some light on why this happens, I have a friend who built over 200 houses for the Ngaanyatjarra people who live out at Warburton Station which is in the Eastern parts of Western Australia bang in the middle of the desert.

They would build these houses for the people all government funded and paid for by the tax payers, then the people would systematically tear them down and burn up any wood then go out and live outside under the stars. These people can't live like us Westerners and it will take 10's of generations before they acclimatize to our living standards because they reject them and many resent them.

There is also another factor not talked about, some Aborigines who choose to live like a the Westerners and tend to care for the free home they are given have jealous relatives and people who resent that they live that way and soon as they go out to shop or visit someone they come in and destroy the place totally.

This Country has done some shameful things to the indigenous people here but the mistake is trying to make them live like us because they just don't want to. When Journo's try and make a name for themselves by trying the shame game on us citizens who pay taxes and vote should not just present one side of the story, alot of these people don't want whiteman help.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth
Ok I will shed some light on why this happens, I have a friend who built over 200 houses for the Ngaanyatjarra people who live out at Warburton Station which is in the Eastern parts of Western Australia bang in the middle of the desert.

They would build these houses for the people all government funded and paid for by the tax payers, then the people would systematically tear them down and burn up any wood then go out and live outside under the stars. These people can't live like us Westerners and it will take 10's of generations before they acclimatize to our living standards because they reject them and many resent them.

There is also another factor not talked about, some Aborigines who choose to live like a the Westerners and tend to care for the free home they are given have jealous relatives and people who resent that they live that way and soon as they go out to shop or visit someone they come in and destroy the place totally.

This Country has done some shameful things to the indigenous people here but the mistake is trying to make them live like us because they just don't want to. When Journo's try and make a name for themselves by trying the shame game on us citizens who pay taxes and vote should not just present one side of the story, alot of these people don't want whiteman help.

Excellent points. When I see this "shack" I look at it as shelter. I know many westerners would not understand a concept of a simple indigenous lifestyle.

The fact is, the westerners/white man have been forcing their lifestyle around the world in all parts. They don't care whose land it was before they got there. There was no concept of land ownership until the white man introduced it -- so he could take away the land.

The world was great until the white man decided to take it.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Philippines

and

reply to post by mazzroth

this article just illustrates again what the various phases of Govt do... move them to the 'fringes of society' = into the areas of land that they don't want and then when they want the land back, neglect the housing and relocate them.

typical.

shame also

top topics

join