It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK, so I am at the check-out counter at the market...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

Maybe, I am too stubborn and believe that I hold the only truth, and have little tolerance for those that may think differently.

Yeah thats what I was trying to say, but subtly

But seriously, before we realize whats going on something so huge that either causes us all to come to together, or finally causes us to destroy each other I say, to each its own, and starting by being fair to everyones choices no matter how much I hate MSM, and the Enquirer, I wont buy it, but if someone before me has $200 bucks in pennies, or a check and they dont even have their wallet out, in order not to lose it, I will pick up a magazine for a chuckle, boy now I wonder how another member would see me with my ATS hat on while in line laughing at Oprah having another alien baby

Peace, NRE.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

Is that right?? It is called saturation of bs. Those tabloids weren't saying anything different than CNN, FOX. MSNBC or even a lot of the internet media. Come on.

There is an official story, it is being capitulated, to the max.

Don't give me your garbage about how people can find out this and that.

Pffffffffft

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Got me thinking about a quote from Thomas Jefferson.

“I know of no safe depository of the ultimate powers of the society but the people themselves; not enlightened enough to exercise their control with wholesome discretion, the remedy is not to take it from them, but to inform their discretion. Enlighten the people generally and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day.”

When you distract the people ,when you give them false information,you take away the enlightenment and you give that much more power to the government.

We thought that with TV and the internet,we would enlighten the people with more information,the opposite has occurred.Entertainment has taken the forefront of it all.

“Those who don’t read the newspapers are better off than those who do insofar as those who know nothing are better off than those whose heads are filled with half-truths and lies.”

The truth is there for those who wish to find it.

For most people,it is just to much trouble and just don't care as long as the bills are paid and they can play games.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

You are so cute. But dangit I want to see those naked pictures of Brad and Angelina.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

I get ya.

I just give humanity a little more credit. I believe most of us are good, or at least good in our hearts. We mean well. You just have to give the enemy the credit of having dumbed down the population. Not to mention they have kept them working their arses off to pay the bills.

We need to come together. Not find a reason to stay apart.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Hey,as long as those are content,things will not change.They have changed in other parts of the world.For the better?Depends on the people affected.

It would take some serious # going down here in the US for that to happen.

So,in the mean time,stay informed and help the people you love and trust after it hits the fan.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   

We all need an out, sometimes researching will fry your brain, and then you will really be watching MSM and saying nutty things like, "boy, that FOX news sure does make sense", or even worse "I remember when I used to ask questions" HA!

Never judge a book by its cover, if anyone stepped up to me to say something about what I was reading while waiting in line, I would knock there socks off with knowledge

You could be shaking your head at someone, and they could be the #1 contributor here on ATS, and because you assumed something you could have had a hell of a conversation and shared in knowledge.

So now that I have saved the day, I will go back to my fried brain of sense and nonsnse, it was great participating in your thread. Keep your head up, hey you never know you can change the mind of a future person who would be the next FOX new anchor if you gave it a chance

Peace, NRE.

Didnt want to sway off topic, but see ya around too

edit on 29-4-2013 by NoRegretsEver because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

I don't think people are content. I think they are tired. They are so tired they don't even have the time to get pissed off. From where I sit people should have taken up torches and pitchforks when the bank rescue went down.

I think they are tired and disgusted with the whole system. It won't be until you start taking food out of their children's mouths; then they will rise up. But it will be too late. The infrastructure has been laid.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

You saved the day!! Look forward to seeing you at another time

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

But seriously you cannot differentiate between the headlines on the mag rags then what is being repeated ad nauseum on the msm or the fm. It is the saturation effect, that takes on the form different media that are playing the same tune.

That is what we are dealing with. These people are mesmerized. In a flippin trance.

We are so screwed.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
I thought everyone knew those magazines were BS??

On a side note, how do you REALLY know what you've learned is correct, and what's in those magazines is wrong?

edit on 29-4-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

I hate to admit this, but it is ironically sad and humorous at the same time. I picked up a copy of The Onion last week and forgot and left it in my lady's truck. Later, she said she read it while waiting for an appointment. I asked her what she had read. She couldn't remember exactly. I said, "You know that stuff is all made up and intended to be funny." She said, "Oh."
edit on 30-4-2013 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-4-2013 by Aliensun because: If you please, no comments about her.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
reminds me of the scene in MIB

Kay: We're gonna check the hot sheets.
[Kay pulls up to a newsstand and buys a pile of supermarket tabloids]
Jay: THESE are the hot sheets?
Kay: Best investigative reporting on the planet. But go ahead, read the New York Times if you want. They get lucky sometimes.

I can garantee you that CSIS, RCMP and CSE here in Canada purchase every tabloid rag on the shelves every day of the year. Some of the stuff in those tabloids are investigated and are used as fact. No lie, not joking !

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Cake and circusses, just different forms of same............Nazi and Commie science greatly expanded the mechanisms of mind control.
The governments of the world in concert with corporate sponsors, have been practicing the big lie technique
ever since it was developed.
We are a product of that system of control, to the degree we have no knowledge of manipulation....
Even those aware of the manipulation have little defense with no access to truth.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
That silent film classic Metropolis will happen one day, only the real thing will be in colour, (British spelling) its just a matter of time, considering how dumb some people are, I'm surprised its not happened already, or perhaps it has, and I'm too dumb to see it?

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

I do see it like that as well. Those tabloids were spewing the same crap the MSM was. The only difference was instead of hearing it, you were seeing it in words. When you think about it, it does resemble mind control. It is a reinforcement of their lies.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Here in the UK . All tabloids seem to follow the same ethos ...." Never let the truth get in the way of a good story " !

If I want news now , there is only one place I trust for the facts ....ATS

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

On a side note, how do you REALLY know what you've learned is correct, and what's in those magazines is wrong?

LOL...OP is probably very young or a new immigrant because it is not every day you hear of someone taking those magazines seriously. Freedom of the press has some benefits but who knows maybe the clamp down is yet to come. Bad part is clamping down goes both ways so we'll all get clamped down in the process and then we will be like many other countries.

edit on 30-4-2013 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
reply to post by Bicent76

It is not just tabloids. How many times have you heard those around repeat meme's that they have received from the msm??? It is about the saturation of information to those that don't have the time to take a look see.

Just this afternoon my dad was watching some bs cable news channel and they were still talking about the freakin landing gear from 9-11 being found after that was debunked days ago. WTH. People believe this stuff. That is the PROBLEM.

The world is one big echo chamber where half of the automatic stuff that comes out of people's mouths can generally be traced back to one pundit, commentator or what have you. And cue people backing away from Alice's madness but I do have a point and I'm pretty darn sure I'm right. I even have a sociologist that I can cite, lol:

The whole art of the orator probably consists in his giving listeners the illusion that the convictions and feelings he arouses within them have come not from him but from themselves, that he has only divined and lent his voice to what has been worked out in their innermost consciousness. Maurice Halbwachs, On Collective Memory

As we become more interconnected and information becomes increasingly instantaneous, people begin suffering from what is called information overload and information overload can lead to information anxiety. Basically, people become agitated and nervous when being confronted with information that is not their preset view. They become their own gatekeepers of information and may even struggle with accepting things outside of their own ideologies. It's because they are literally burned out. Hence why the actions without a whole lot of thought.

It's not necessarily a conspiracy. It was predicted as becoming an increasing problem as far back as the 70's. The issue is that most people are not aware that they can become overloaded and may not take appropriate steps to counter it. Worse yet, there's been some studies done to show that the instant gratification of being able to obtain desired information instantaneously actually releases dopamine, which increases impulsiveness, cognitive dysfunction. and further increases the information overload. Hence why it seems like everybody is just repeating stuff. Hearing an oft repeated phrase and repeating it oneself is reflexive.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
In my younger days I worked for a public works department, and would buy one of the most far-out tabloids every payday just for laughs. My boss maintained that they "make your brain soft". He was probably right, that would explain too many things about me. Anyway, here's the great Mr. Yankovic's take on the whole thing:

The funniest thing is that a few months after I heard this song, I was , yes, in the checkout line at a grocery store, and the splash on the front page of the Weekly World News was, "The Incredible Frog Boy is on the Loose Again". It proved they have a sense of humor. It was pretty cool, I was actually clued onto their in-joke.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Yes, how many people post on this site regularly, complaining about certain media outlets (MSM) being untrustworthy, yet they have no idea if what they are being fed by their 'trusted sites' is accurate?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join