It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Self Indulgent pity party...wanna join me??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by k21968

Don't worry Mom, you did a good job
. I know how you feel though, mine is graduating this year too. After that, he's taking off to Germany to travel through Europe with his Dad (his father is a German, I'm an American). I'm proud and sad at the same time too. My only consolation in all of it, is knowing the awesome experience he's about to have and the wonderful memories that he'll get to carry with him. Now let's see if he wants to come back across the pond when all is said and done LOL!

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
aww..that was so sweet..I actually teared up
I have 2 girls ages 5 and 7..and while I don't have any graduating soon..I do have one that is starting her life. She will be going to kindergarten next year. I too will be left alone during the day. They have grown way too fast and I feel like sometimes I feel like I've missed out on something..even though I have been here 24/7/365. I haven't worked since I became pregnant with my first one almost 8 years ago.

I see a frilly little dress now and think "oh, that's so cute!" but neither of mine will wear it..they are just getting too old to be dolled up. My 7 year old is almost a tween and wants to wear lip gloss and shop at JUSTICE..

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

you sound like a GREAT MOM!

Its going to be hard at first when shes gone. Your going to have to learn to fill the void with something else. keep your mind off it and start a garden or hobby.

You'll still have phone time everyday or so. you'll make it through. Its hard when the nest starts to empty at first.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Thank you all for the amazing kind words. I never really thought of all of the things you each said on my own. I could only see my baby leaving me. I havent had ME time for almost 18 yrs. I have no idea what to do. No idea. I guess I will figure it out.

I might drive you all crazy on ATS!~

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Mine is 13 going on 30...

We played LEGO's the other night but I can see she is only doing it for me.

Thanks for making me cry...

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Sorry for making you cry. Cherish the time with her now. They grow up too fast!

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by k21968
reply to post by abeverage

Sorry for making you cry. Cherish the time with her now. They grow up too fast!

I am trying to...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join