It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RON PAUL: Police manhunt for Boston Marathon bombing suspect scarier than attack

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LogicGrind

The bill of rights and the constitution override any and all laws in every state of this country.

Your kidding with your comments right?

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Im sorry... The Constitution of The United States does not apply to the Boston PD?

are you out of your mind?
edit on 29-4-2013 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Does he, or you, understand that the Boston police don't operate under the Constitution of the United States? That the Constitution applies to the federal government and not local police?

What country are you from? Seriously? If you are not a United States Citizen, (which I pray you are not) I really don't feel it is worth my time to reply to you anymore! However, if you are a US citizen, tell the boys at Langley you need some more education on how to pinpoint the enemy!

The Constitution APPLIES to EVERYONE whom is a CITIZEN of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!

EDIT: Try reading the Constitution, before you make anymore ignorant replies such as your last one! Seriously, it is better to argue a point that you at least have some knowledge of, rather than just spew forth words of ignorance proving that you know nothing of what you are talking about!

edit on 29-4-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Agreed!

I got really fired up over how this went down and got my first and hopefully last "Extreme T&C violation since I became a member of this site. Which I must say I deserved.....

But the idea of people thinking it is AOK to have people at gun point to be ushered by the "Gestapo" out of their homes when they have done nothing wrong and THEN seeing my fellow Americans defend this kind of action by the "Gestapo" really sent me over the edge........

One of the Boston pictures in the aftermath search I have seen was of a police or army rifleman in an armoured vehicle pointing his rifle straight at somebody who was photographing the scene from an apartment, that is illegal here, (the rifle pointing, that is) as far as I know. That also makes RP correct, it is scary. We already know that in least one case, heavy ballistics penetrated an apartment, I make no connection between the two items, but you can easily see how things could pan out wrongly in a big way, while everyone except a dead person walks away and untouchable.

edit on 29-4-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

The picture your referencing is in the op of this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It went on for 37 pages at present, and over 700 replies.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Im sorry... The Constitution of The United States does not apply to the Boston PD?

are you out of your mind?

Scary as hell when you think bout it aye????

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

reply to post by seeker1963

The Constitution outlines how the Federal Government operates, what powers it has, and what it is forbidden from doing.

It does not apply to citizens nor local police departments...other laws and/or State Constitutions do, but the United States Constitution does not.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
If any of you think the Boston PD/SWAT violated the US Constitution, please provide the text of the Constitution that they violated.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
If you want people secure where they are with their doors locked because there is a dangerous suspect on the loose does it make sense to break down a door for the suspect to later gain entry (and less likely to be searched twice) if he is in the area? There is no reason to break down doors unless there is a reasonable probability that the suspect may be in side.....Besides who is going to pay for the damage? What did it cost for 9000 cops working overtime for those several days anyway? I guess the Boston taxpayers are going to have to pay for that also (much worse than a tax on tea, dont you think?).

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

If any of you think the Boston PD/SWAT violated the US Constitution, please provide the text of the Constitution that they violated.

FAIL!!!! Tell your handlers you need more training!

If you are so blind to think it is okay for the gestapo to point guns at innocent people and force them out of their homes at gun point, you are either an idiot, or a member of the propaganda arm of the US government........The Constitution, clearly talks about the powers granted to the Government!!!

I must add, that you still have not answered my questions as to where you are from? Telling..............telling indeed!

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

And where in the Constitution does it say that the Bill of Rights is suspended under Martial Law anyway? It appears than that any martial law scenario beyond an increased military police presence to assist local LE in an emergency (especially if military laws superceded civilian justice) would be patently Unconstitutional. Nice try in Nawlens with Katrina Bushy boys. Boston is point 2...it takes 3 points to define a line (trend).

edit on 29-4-2013 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by LogicGrind

4th Amendment - The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

I'm almost 100% you're trolling and you've been fed very well in this thread...now go away.
edit on 29-4-2013 by Epirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

as said before federal law overrides local law , just like how it is many places around the world .

Starting to think you are doing this on purpose to get a rise out of people

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen

And where in the Constitution does it say that the Bill of Rights is suspended under Martial Law anyway? It appears than that any martial law scenario beyond an increased military police presence to assist local LE in an emergency (especially if military laws superceded civilian justice) would be patently Unconstitutional. Nice try in Nawlens with Katrina Bushy boys. Boston is point 2...it takes 3 points to define a line (trend).

edit on 29-4-2013 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

Dude... I'm not even an american.

Posse comitatus. You're an american, You should know this. New Orleans dodgy but yes, Boston, NO.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

If you are so blind to think it is okay for the gestapo to point guns at innocent people and force them out of their homes at gun point, you are either an idiot, or a member of the propaganda arm of the US government........The Constitution, clearly talks about the powers granted to the Government!!!

I must add, that you still have not answered my questions as to where you are from? Telling..............telling indeed!

If the Constitution "clearly" talks about this...then please provide the text. Why dodge?

I was born and raised in America.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

If the Constitution "clearly" talks about this...then please provide the text. Why dodge?

I was born and raised in America.

mate... the question is, why do you keep defending this kind of behavior? This is not in your best interest as citizen why defend it? You're getting a medal? A praise of some kind? Civilians dont get purple hearts mate... defend your own, not the ones who are clearly against you.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Epirus

4th Amendment - The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

I'm almost 100% you're trolling and you've been fed very well in this thread...now go away.
edit on 29-4-2013 by Epirus because: (no reason given)

And the fourth amendment applies to.......the Federal Government.

Most states have adopted Constitutions that include most of the same protections, but the Boston PD can NOT violate the US Constitution.

Bottom line, the US Constitution applies to the Federal Government.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Ok, which of you armchair quarterbacks were there in Boston and living there at the time?
The fact is, it got the job done, no other civilians were killed, and the only people truly at risk were the bad guys and the LEO's.

I swear if Ron Paul made a statement about how ducks were unconstitutionally ugly, you'd be rushing to jump on the ugly duck bandwagon.

Ron Paul is retired, his words matter for not.

Were the citizens better off for being inside and out of harms way? Yes.
Were you there to decide that for them? Unlikely.

The bad guys are in jail, no one else was killed, that is a win.

M.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave

as said before federal law overrides local law , just like how it is many places around the world .

Starting to think you are doing this on purpose to get a rise out of people

Yes, federal law over-rides local law in the sense that the feds can arrest you for breaking a federal law even if your local law says it is legal.

But the Boston PD, by definition, can NOT violate the US Constitution.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

mate... the question is, why do you keep defending this kind of behavior? This is not in your best interest as citizen why defend it? You're a medal? A praise of some kind? Civilians dont get purple hearts mate... defend your own, not the ones who are clearly against you.

I'm sorry I don't buy into the whole "the government and the police are against me" rhetoric...I just don't.

I'm defending it because what the boston PD did was the right move for the situation. I'm sorry you don't like it, and you are free to have a different opinion. But the fact that they got both suspects within 4 days of the bombing says they did something right.

I'm in more danger from my fellow citizens than I am from any police or government agent.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join