Maloney: Background Check Would Have Stopped Boston Bombing Suspect

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Gun recovered from shootout with Tsarnaevs had obliterated serial number

Rep. Carolyn Maloney (D., N.Y.), a fierce advocate for gun control, claimed a background check of deceased Boston bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev would have stopped him Monday on MSNBC’s “Jansing and Co.”

Tamerlan, as we know now, was on the terrorist watch list, so we know a gun check would stop him, if there was a background check,” she said. “As it stands now, Tamerlan … or the next terrorist can go to any gun show and buy a hundred round magazine, they can buy all of the assault weapons they want, no questions asked.”

freebeacon.com...

A background check would stop a sociopath from killing 3, wounding and maming near 200 people??

Seriously?

A hundred round magazine was not used in Aurora,Newton,nor in Boston BOMBING'S

Oh yeah Rep Maloney?

Guess who does terrorist watch lists, and background checks?

That would be the Federal Bureau of Incompetence.

A gun check would have stopped Tsarnaev

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You knew it, I knew it, and God only knows how many others knew it Neo!

At least they learned to wait a while to promote their agenda.........

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Maybe a background check at Bed Bath and Beyond would have prevented him from buying a pressure cooker too!!

OOOH! what are these people smoking on such regular and consistent basis? The stupid just keep getting more stoopider....

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Would have stopped them from what?' How?
He used a bomb. He could have gotten a gun off the street, but even that wouldn't have changed the bombing. Also has Maloney proven that the gun wasn't bought on the street?

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Also has Maloney proven that the gun wasn't bought on the street?

This is what really shoot's Maloney's comment all to hell:

Law enforcement recovered one 9mm Ruger semi-automatic with an obliterated serial number from the scene of the shootout with the brothers, while younger suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev had no guns when taken into custody.

The fact that the serial number was defaced is strong evidence the gun was purchased illegally, where background checks would clearly not apply.

There were reports of the Tsarnaev brothers shooting that MIT cop for his gun which would have been a "straw purchase" so to speak.

A background check obviously would not have stopped the Tsarnaev brothers why she think's it would have is nothing, but playing politics.
edit on 29-4-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

There were reports of the Tsarnaev brothers shooting that MIT cop for his gun which would have been a "straw purchase" so to speak.

Thus you created a "NEW" conspiracy Neo!!!!

Was that gun that was stolen after the murder EVER recovered???

I highly doubt a security guard would be carrying a gun with filed off serial numbers..........

Hmmmmmm...

Way to go Neo, now I can blame my racing thoughts on you tonight!!!

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Another example of a person (politician) without the intelligence and/or awareness on a subject yet is making decisions that affect and control other people's lives.

of course, the bar for politician is set pretty low.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

No guns were found with the younger brother so I don't know.

Was that gun that was stolen after the murder EVER recovered???

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by neo96

Would have stopped them from what?' How?
He used a bomb. He could have gotten a gun off the street, but even that wouldn't have changed the bombing. Also has Maloney proven that the gun wasn't bought on the street?

YUUUP, have to agree, it's an all by the way issue. This is not really about knocking the FBI, who really could have hit the nail on the head had they followed up on the information given, you just don't blah blah over something given from a highly organised foreign agency. Time and time again and just like 9/11 we get this bull. Even the private security on the ground have been around long enough to eyeball. What do you get, a fecking disaster.
WHAT?? are all these people being paid for!
edit on 29-4-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
why do i have a feeling no gun-control proponents will be commenting on this thread?

just when you thought politicians couldn't get any dumber, they surprise you.

the 2nd amendment did nothing to deserve this. this is a 'people problem' not a 'person's tool of choice problem'

if guns, background checks and bombs are all connected, why i don't hear politicians commenting on all the mass-stabbings!!! and the background checks that would have stopped the stabbers!!!??? ridiculous, like usual

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
There wasn't really anything anyone could have done to prevent this. Background checks wouldn't have helped a bit.

Of course, neither would a city full of people with concealed carry permits or open carry. No one would have been able to detect or stop these nuts. Unless of course all the gun nuts were already busy blowing each other away.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Maybe a background check at Bed Bath and Beyond would have prevented him from buying a pressure cooker too!!
reply to post by jibeho

You gotta wonder if retailers are going to secretly keep a list on who buys pressure cookers from now on. Since the Oklahoma City bombing, I think they keep tabs on the amount of ammonium nitrate people purchase.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Since the Oklahoma City bombing, I think they keep tabs on the amount of ammonium nitrate people purchase.

That's why hardly anyone can buy pure AN off the shelf anymore.

Most AN sold is mixed so that it can not be used as an explosive.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

OF-COURSE

We discuss different motives for the attack, especially if you believe that elements within our own government were involved: more gun confiscations, more spying unPatriot Act/NDAA type laws, CIPSA, drones, more spending on domestic militarization, dry run for a city-wide martial law type take over etc.

But THIS is the big one.

No fly, no buy.

If youre on one of these government watch lists, no gun for you.

Also, no due process, no way to know why youre on the list and no way to get off of it.

edit on 29-4-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

FINALLY we hear about the alleged gun which was allegedly used.

And what a surprise, NOT. The serial numbers are missing...

edit on 29-4-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
reply to post by neo96

FINALLY we hear about the alleged gun which was allegedly used.

And what a surprise, NOT, the serial numbers are missing...

I am a bit surprised they even let the no serial number part out, at least at this time.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Maloney is full of bologna...

The fact that the serial numbers were removed on the weapon the older brother had shows the error in thinking.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

That's why hardly anyone can buy pure AN off the shelf anymore. Most AN sold is mixed so that it can not be used as an explosive.

Really? I wasn't aware it wasn't produced in its pure form anymore. So I guess they no longer have to keep tabs on the purchases anymore. I doubt they can alter the pressure cooker to prevent it from using it as an explosive.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Official United States Government Definition of Terrorism

"[An] act of terrorism, means any activity that (A) involves a violent act or an act dangerous to human life that is a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or any State, or that would be a criminal violation if committed within the jurisdiction of the United States or of any State; and (B) appears to be intended (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by assassination or kidnapping."

(United States Code Congressional and Administrative News, 98th Congress, Second Session, 1984, Oct. 19, volume 2; par. 3077, 98 STAT. 2707 [West Publishing Co., 1984])

yeoldeconsciousnessshoppe.com...

Wouldn't a person who uses terror as above be a terrorist too ?

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
reply to post by neo96

That's why hardly anyone can buy pure AN off the shelf anymore. Most AN sold is mixed so that it can not be used as an explosive.

Really? I wasn't aware it wasn't produced in its pure form anymore. So I guess they no longer have to keep tabs on the purchases anymore. I doubt they can alter the pressure cooker to prevent it from using it as an explosive.

After the incidents we know the FBI ( or similar ) (remember the underwearbomber, or WTC 93 ) I doubt the FBI can be altered to make them safe either

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join