What Books really rock/shock your world?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Here's a trilogy of untamed,super squeamish,visceral,apocalyptic,alien invasion barnstormers from Scott Sigler...
A possible ATS member judging by the ideas in the books I think.

Book1:

www.amazon.co.uk...=nb_sb_ss_i_0_14?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=infected+scott+sigler&sprefix=infected+scott%2Cstripbooks%2 C249

Infected,Man what a ride...Guy gets a space bug which starts to take over his body and mind.

Book 2 is called "Contagious"
Book three "Pandemic"

Seasoned ATSers will spot all manner of "alternative"ideas from Morgellons,to black knight satellitte,off the books black projects and beyond.
An awesome yet nauseating adrenalin fuelled struggle to prevent a new world order of a different,an alien kind.
Not to be missed if you like that sort of subject matter,read these ASAP folks!

edit on 13/4/2014 by Silcone Synapse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The Dice Man by Luke Rhinehart is a brilliantly conceived book and very cleverly written. It was a cult book in the 80s

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Can you believe I only just now realized that this thread is in existence ?!

I've got my pen and paper in front of me writing down a whole bunch of books that sound interesting and grab my attention... awesome thread !

I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone mention this book yet:

"A Canticle For Leibowitz" by Walter M. Miller Jr

It's not necessarily a "life changer" but it was certainly one of the first books that made me stop and think about the world around me and coming to the realization that humanity truly is on a neverending cycle of repeated death and destruction... over and over again.

It's a sci-fi novel that takes place in the far off future 600 years after a nuclear war causes the survivors to fear all science and technology ultimately resulting in the world stepping back into a "dark age".... and then carries on through the ages for another 1800+ years following humanity's gradual evolution towards the long lost knowledges of science and technology once again.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Hey nice 1 cranial sponge-I haven't heard of that book,but I will try to grab a copy.
Sounds like a good one.
Cheers!

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

I am also finding many recommendations! This is a great thread for those who are always seeking new (to them) authors and unread books.

Thanks,

new topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join