It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Upcoming may day seattle police prepping.............

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

The seattle police forces and others are preppin for 2013's may day events. its time for everyone to tune your ears on seattle and surrounding areas.

I'll give a broadcastify link for the area, but most likely, this will be done on trunked radio frequencies, so i'll be doing my own recording. according to the news report today, they are actively runnin preparation drills to get ready to lockdown seattle i presume.

I will be making sure my SPD frequencies and trunked stations are up to date for a proper recording. it's time to sit back and see whats gonna happen

www.broadcastify.com...
edit on 29-4-2013 by radiotracker350 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by radiotracker350

I didn't know people got so angry about May 1st. Joking aside, what is "May day"? I've never heard of people using this time to cause disruption.

Also LOL at the thugs trying to break the Nike store glass and failing miserably.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
So why were those people doing that rioting last year anyway? It takes a year to make an assessment report? Do you know if there is another planned destructive event like that planned for this year OP?

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Covertblack

I didn't know people got so angry about May 1st. Joking aside, what is "May day"? I've never heard of people using this time to cause disruption.

Also LOL at the thugs trying to break the Nike store glass and failing miserably.
Mayday is an anticapitalist thing, against greed and goverments letting big buisenesses get away with, quite litterally in some cases, murder. Those against exploitation and stuff. It's a long ol' tradition.

Anyone attending any of the protests, I hope you stay safe

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic

Mayday is an anticapitalist thing, against greed and goverments letting big buisenesses get away with, quite litterally in some cases, murder. Those against exploitation and stuff. It's a long ol' tradition.

Maybe why I've never heard of it. Causing property damage usually isn't the best way of getting a message out.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
So why were those people doing that rioting last year anyway? It takes a year to make an assessment report? Do you know if there is another planned destructive event like that planned for this year OP?
Whilst there will probably be targetted attacks on specific shops, you'll find most of the violence is caused by police action. Or is a reaction to the police action.Spun by the media to make it look like protesters fault, this is how it is. If your only experience of it is from the telly, then you will never know the rage of getting home after coppers bashing you around all afternoon, fully expecting the media to be showing the blatent abuse by the police, only to have turned it around in favour of the violent oppressers.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Maybe why I've never heard of it. Causing property damage usually isn't the best way of getting a message out.
I half agree with you, and I half agree with them. It's not random and mindless vandalism, certain outlets usually get some paint thrown at a window, or some windows might get smashed. But it will be shops who owe large tax bills, or use slave labour. There is a point to it, but I'd not like to be a shop clerk inside the shop getting done over, would be horrible. New tactics prehaps are needed.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I half agree with you, and I half agree with them. It's not random and mindless vandalism, certain outlets usually get some paint thrown at a window, or some windows might get smashed. But it will be shops who owe large tax bills, or use slave labour. There is a point to it, but I'd not like to be a shop clerk inside the shop getting done over, would be horrible. New tactics prehaps are needed.

The people who have to clean it up and also deal with the situation have nothing to do with the decisions a company makes. Also, I'm sure all of the damage is fixed by funding from an insurance company, who raises their rates to cover the claim. If they used more civilized ways of protesting, maybe they would open some peoples eyes.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

There was a protest scheduled this last Saturday...only 4 showed up; I think this article says why...

(Quote) "The unorganized protest efforts Saturday stand in stark contrast to reports earlier in the week that FBI agents were actively approaching and questioning known protesters and anarchist-friendly hangouts in Seattle and Olympia." (unquote)

Link: www.kirotv.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

Those people were supposedly the occupy seattle ops, they wore the classic Guy fawkes masks like alot of other occupy groups. exept those people migh'tve been infiltrators to make occupy look as bad as possible to the 99 percent. i know it was around that time when the whole entire occupy movement was goin down

Ah ya, thanks for the link and info caladonea
yea, not much on the pre may day event. but something big might happen at the actual may day. so its a wait and see what happens time.
edit on 29-4-2013 by radiotracker350 because: replied to caladonea

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

If they used more civilized ways of protesting, maybe they would open some peoples eyes.

Indeed, standing around in a line waving a flag and politely requesting a change to the inhuman policies of our political masters has way more effect on policies and their makers!

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver

If they used more civilized ways of protesting, maybe they would open some peoples eyes.

Indeed, standing around in a line waving a flag and politely requesting a change to the inhuman policies of our political masters has way more effect on policies and their makers!

You don't have to change the political masters minds, you change the peoples minds who elect them.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Covertblack

Like voting works? Really?
Begone with your misguided and erroneous idealism. I'll take my chances on my own and at worst, die a free man.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

edit on 29-4-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by Covertblack

Like voting works? Really?
Begone with your misguided and erroneous idealism. I'll take my chances on my own and at worst, die a free man.

It actually does work yes, unfortunately not enough people vote in this country so nothing changes.

Breaking things because you are angry at a company isn't going to change a thing. People are going to think of you as common thugs with a lost cause.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   

May 1st has been the day of communist parades and radical protest. In 2006 it was the day of Illegal Immigration rally, and it turns out a lot of radicals were involved in organizing it.

top topics

join