It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Completely disgusted with all the soon to be stories that get buried and never seen or heard from ag

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
This is just a rant on something that has bothered me since I was a kid. Why the F^*+ do people even bother posting or running a media event portraying never before entered tombs and secret places that never get shown or explained. Alls I ever see is "soon the pyramid of the sun will be opened up, or soon the GP of Giza will have a robot explore never before seen areas"

WTF,!!!!
This stuff never happens, I've been waiting for 20 years to hear about the chamber under the sphinx or the secret tunnels found in Egypt or the Pyramid of the sun. I know for certain it wouldn't take me a year to attach a camera to a stupid RC tank or car and it definitely wouldn't take me 20years to travel a couple hundred feet of loose dirt into a unexplored area that I know is there.

Sure some will say well the Egyptian government blocks access or some bull# lie like that. Just look at Egypt, they can't even get there government in order to do much of anything and they want me to believe that a weak and pitiful band of security guards can stop archeologists from doing the job they were sent there and ok'd to do?? No F'n way!! I don't care if there is nothing in there and it's just a empty hallway, why bother telling the public "Hey we have something really unique and undiscovered, Oh and by the way just forget about ever learning anything from it because nobody is willing to do what's needed to do anything about it". It's just sickening

And for those that have never been to a country like Egypt, think of it this way... Everybody can be bought/paid to look the other way while things are accomplished just look at Pseudo Doctor Hawass. That guy is the biggest piece of lying manipulative sack of flesh I've seen outside of politics. The world could do mankind a favor by having a Cobra bite his worthless Hide...
Thanks for the place to rant, I just read another article in the news about sending a new robot into the pyramid of the sun and it made me sick to see another headline that could be amazingly important that will never be accomplished unless it explains nothing of our History... I'm beyond frustrated knowing they have answers they won't share and never planned on it in the first place. It seems ALL the real important discoveries of my lifetime won't even be explored or truly discovered in my lifetime.

Oh well, back to work I guess

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by NewsWorthy

Exactly!

I am on board with your Rant as well!

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by NewsWorthy

One of my pet peeves also! I wait and watch and check, and then the years flow by and NOTHING after all the hype! I know for sure they already have found something and kept the truth to themselves.

How many times do we get info released and they say DISCOVER...then we find out they discovered it 10 years ago but never told the public! This stuff is most often done with public money and it is not just the researchers planet, it is OUR history!!

Ok I guess my rant is getting bigger then your

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I think that they are trying to grow interest. The continued interest in things keeps us watching. If the tomb under the sphinx was open, it would make the media for a short time and then the suspense would be gone. The fact that there is possibly something there keeps people visiting the sphinx.

Look what happens when something great happens. It is soon turned into everyday knowledge and forgotten. They seem to build anticipation to promote everything nowadays. This concept is very old, going back over a thousand years.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I don't know, but it makes me very angry as well.
Do they do it at first, trying to get funding or something?
Does the Government then shut them down?
Do they find nothing, and don't want to be embarrassed?

Very frustrating! Good Rant!

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Oh you mean like Qin Shi Huangdi's tomb? Though, for the record, that one they are loathe to enter because of high levels of mercury in the soil and concern for both safety of people and artifacts alike. Still, send in a darn rover already because I really don't want to die before we find out if the interior is, in fact, as it was reported as being by a historian at the time. High levels of mercury in the soil--oh ho ho, maybe the representation of China in fine jewels with rivers of mercury are true! I'm betting it is because the guy made an army of terracotta soldiers! Yeah, that one chafes me.

Totally hear you. "Fantastic groundbreaking discovery at remote tomb"...and then, nothing. I mean, if you make an amazing discovery, at least snap some pictures of it to back up the claim. Words are just not enough. Screenshot or it didn't happen!

And yes, Hawass is quite the showman.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
You say people in Egypt can easily be paid off, so that means they could be paid off to keep a secret, just as easily as they could be paid to show one. By standard logic.

In any case, you already highlighted the important part.

You got excited. You got interested. Sometimes that's all it's meant to be...

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies everybody...
Good to know I'm not alone on this

I feel a lot better after writing this rant!!

As for the build up theory, I don't think that's what they are doing but I could be wrong. It just seems to me the most attention it could possibly receive would be shortly after the discovery while everyone is still interested. My personal opinion would be if they finally opened up these rooms to the public after all this time, WHY NOW?? What did they have to remove or destroy to make it safe for public consumption...maybe that's just my conspiracy theorist mindset but for sure it makes no sense to me, putting things off for years that could profit and benefit mankind today.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
You say people in Egypt can easily be paid off, so that means they could be paid off to keep a secret, just as easily as they could be paid to show one. By standard logic.

In any case, you already highlighted the important part.

You got excited. You got interested. Sometimes that's all it's meant to be...

Yeah I had the thought that the guards/archeologists are all paid off to keep a secret and I would guess the archeologists are paid quite a bit to keep quiet, probably more than I'll ever make but the guards I bet are relatively poor. I mean you can't have a simple security guard or even army personnel driving in expenses cars or living in mansions so those would be the ones I think could be paid a higher amount to break their silence. But that's just a idea really.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteAlice
Oh you mean like Qin Shi Huangdi's tomb? Though, for the record, that one they are loathe to enter because of high levels of mercury in the soil and concern for both safety of people and artifacts alike. Still, send in a darn rover already because I really don't want to die before we find out if the interior is, in fact, as it was reported as being by a historian at the time. High levels of mercury in the soil--oh ho ho, maybe the representation of China in fine jewels with rivers of mercury are true! I'm betting it is because the guy made an army of terracotta soldiers! Yeah, that one chafes me.

Totally hear you. "Fantastic groundbreaking discovery at remote tomb"...and then, nothing. I mean, if you make an amazing discovery, at least snap some pictures of it to back up the claim. Words are just not enough. Screenshot or it didn't happen!

And yes, Hawass is quite the showman.

Yeah that is one of the examples that has always bothered me... But in that instance I understand them not wanting to open the doors without proper pressure seals and such to keep the delicates intact. Also the mercury levels in the soils say it is very dangerous but we have suits for that and drones like you mentioned so at least that threat is already neutralized.
I read somewhere that scientists don't believe we will have the technology to safely open the Tomb for about 200 years and that made me wanna cry honestly... 200 years before the greatest find will ever truly be found MAYBE?? Aggravating to say the least, but I do understand them wanting to preserve it in its entirety. I don't believe that's the case with the pyramids of Egypt and SouthAmerica/everywhere else. From the pics they've shown most of these entrances aren't sealed by pressure sealed doors or anything like that, they mostly look like cave ins or hastily built dirt barricades.

top topics

join