It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo with ghost or what is it?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Hi,

Last Sunday we went to a wedding, and my wife shoot this photo. Behind her is a white wall decorated with candles. The distance between the wall and the woman is about 50 cm. On the left, behind the shoulder you can see something strange. I don't know what it is. My wife says it's a ghost.
What do you think?

P.D. I have edited the image only to cut it, for privacy reasons.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Looks like you moved the camera quickly while taking a picture.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by julugu

Image blur. Shutter speed was slow and you moved the camera.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Yup image blur, the stretch matches up with the background.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
If it was image blur, wouldn't the "ghost" be wearing pink, too?

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I also have a couple of pictures taken from an Iphone 4 by a friend, who later sent them to me through my facebook inbox, so I made a video and posted it on youtube. I don't believe in ghosts but I had to put the question out there....what is it?
www.youtube.com...

P.s my friend don't smoke either.
edit on 29-4-2013 by skyblueworld because: wrong link

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Yes i agree. To me it looks like a taller slightly built male figure possibly naked?

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I'm not sure, but throwing holy water everywhere may not be a bad idea.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by dashdespatch

I don't know what type of weddings you go to where random male guests are naked

But yes, I agree that it is unlikely to be motion blur of the woman in pink in the picture.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
the mostly likely explanation is probably the right one.
so i think its a naked alien.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Well, not necessarily. It depends of many parameters such as:
- The exposure time
- If the woman in pink was moving just before the shoot and, if so....
- In such a way that only it's face and neck was affected and...
- How much time there was (during the whole exposure) between its move, the opening of the shutter and the position were she was standing at and how much time there was between the position she was standing at and the moment of the closing shutter.
- The contrast between the various elements of the scene (the background, ...)

As an example is always worth a thousand words, let's take a look at this photo (that I worked on two years ago)...

...that is not showing any ghost, but only a short exposure (probably one-tenth or so of sec.) of the girl on the right that moved to the right during a very few part of the whole 2s exposure, giving this ghostly aspect.

As you can see, there's no blurry on the "real" girl face on the right, as the exposure is almost complete, and there's no white color report of the girl's jacket.

However, you can see in this example that even the girl on the left moved during the exposure as we can see some duplication of its right arm ("2" in the image below)

"1" is to show the effect of a long exposure on a screen (TV, computer...) that appears then to be over-saturated.
edit on 29-4-2013 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Is it just me, or does that ghost look like an alien?

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevenaugust

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Well, not necessarily. It depends of many parameters such as:
- The exposure time
- If the woman in pink was moving just before the shoot and, if so....
- In such a way that only it's face and neck was affected and...
- How much time there was (during the whole exposure) between its move, the opening of the shutter and the position were she was standing at and how much time there was between the position she was standing at and the moment of the closing shutter.
- The contrast between the various elements of the scene (the background, ...)

As an example is always worth a thousand words, let's take a look at this photo (that I worked on two years ago)...

...that is not showing any ghost, but only a short exposure (probably one-tenth or so of sec.) of the girl on the right that moved to the right during a very few part of the whole 2s exposure, giving this ghostly aspect.

As you can see, there's no blurry on the "real" girl face on the right, as the exposure is almost complete, and there's no white color report of the girl's jacket.

However, you can see in this example that even the girl on the left moved during the exposure as we can see some duplication of its right arm ("2" in the image below)

"1" is to show the effect of a long exposure on a screen (TV, computer...) that appears then to be over-saturated.

In that photo, only the face is duplicated (even though it doesn't look like either of their faces to me.)

In the one posted in this thread, you can see the body as well (neck, shoulder, arm and chest.)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by julugu

if thats took with a canon 150 mp with shutter speed set at slow then its probably a chinese lantern

am sure this is mentioned on another thread.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Yes, but in your photo you can see the same hand, arm and face doubled. But in my photo you can't see the nothing doubled. The photo was taken with a Nikon Coolpix L20.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

edit on 30-4-2013 by Octavion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by julugu

I have actually seen something VERY similar, in pictures I took. In that case, I know exactly what it was, though; it was one of the kids moving quickly behind the subject of the picture, and creating the exact effect you have here. I would bet you had someone at that event dressed in those colors, and with hair like we see. It's a little creepy, and would be more so if you didn't know who or what it was, but that's what I think you have here.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by destination now

I never said it was an ALIVE guest!!

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

The problem is that there were no kids.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Blurry blow up doll in the background.

new topics