It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey, Lake Van Ufo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Hello all,
recently there are some photos circulating in serious newspapers of Turkey about a UFO photographed around Lake Van, Eastern Turkey. This lake has a lot of sightings and mysterious stories. The witness says, the UFO changed shapes and after a while flew away. I dont know what to think of the photos, but wanted to inform you.

edit on 29-4-2013 by deccal because: (no reason given)

Some sources:
www.radikal.com.tr...

www.2haber.com...
edit on 29-4-2013 by deccal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
looks like a cruise boat and the distance with sun and water makes this illusion deleting the sides of it... forgot the name of the thing in english.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Looks like a mirage, when something is below or leveled with the horizon it creates an optical illusion from heat rising, or from mirror effect from the distant surface.

The other one is a seagull

Some fine examples in this link.

Link

edit on 29-4-2013 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Can't be a UFO because it's not flying. That's what the "F" in UFO stands for. It could be anything, but I'm smelling HOAX here.

Or a mirage as posted above.

edit on 29-4-2013 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
Can't be a UFO because it's not flying. That's what the "F" in UFO stands for. It could be anything, but I'm smelling HOAX here.

Or a mirage as posted above.

edit on 29-4-2013 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

True. Although the "witness" claims that it flew away in front of his eyes.
As said before, this lake is a center of many stories, phantasies and maybe hoaxes too

see: en.wikipedia.org...

still I found the photos somehow interesting. I don't know if there are such big cruises on that lake.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Forgot to add. To the left of the Ufo, there is something like helicopter. Or am I mistaken? Can someone make it bigger or do you think it is not worthy?

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by deccal
Forgot to add. To the left of the Ufo, there is something like helicopter. Or am I mistaken? Can someone make it bigger or do you think it is not worthy?
My guess is both are either ships or islands, the mirage effect come and goes as the light or conditions change.

I don't think it's worthy

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alda1981
looks like a cruise boat and the distance with sun and water makes this illusion deleting the sides of it... forgot the name of the thing in english.

You mean a mirage, and I would agree, if it could be shown that it didn't really fly away s claimed. I notice they got a picture of it on the water, but we don't see one above. Well, unless the second link was one; that one showed blank for me.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by deccal

It's a large lake about 80 miles at longest part by about 50 miles .

From report

Çurku wandering around taking pictures on the beach for a while, Pier dominating the coast of the northern part of Lake Van, near the island of Çarpanak

Would be better if we had more details position direction facing camera etc.

Looks like a mirage.

new topics

top topics

join