It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lens Flares--real ones.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Here are a few pages of photos full of solar lens flares, just for grins and for reference for the future.

www.ewcd.org...

mthamilton.ucolick.org... -- Ooops. Not today; but usually this page is full of them. It's a real-time page.

www.geocities.com...

The reason I bring this up is, it became clear from these thread--here--

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

that clarity about what is a lens flare and what is not a lens flare is hard to find.

I'm hoping more people will produce examples of true lens flares--particularly you photographers--so we can, by elimination, make assessments about what we are seeing that are or are NOT photographic anomalies.

Just trying to be helpful.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Thats planet X no? Thats what someone said last week.

What is that plume of white smoke. Is that a view of a volcano?

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The plume of white smoke was left by the exiting lit-up thingie.

Whatever that was.

It just happened to be on the side of a volcano lavafield.

What do you think that might be? Beats me.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
What is going on, that produces a sun photo like this? I've seen triangles, cubes, and circles--[too large for this page]

www.abidemiracles.com...

Anybody know?

[edit on 4-11-2004 by Emily_Cragg]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   
A cheap camera/ lens set up. What you are looking at are internal reflections from either the lens barrel or the camera body.

The best way to avoid lens flare from a raking sidelight like that is to use a proper sized lens hood.

BTW there are programs that add lens flare to an image!

Animators do this to create a greater sense ofreality. They did this in Toy Story II as well as a couple of other animated movies.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
My suspicion is that the CLAIM all visual anomalies constitute lens flares has become the major American symptom of DENIAL THAT CHANGE IS IMMINENT.

Looking at what the US and the Globalist Movement is doing--their goals, methods and means--I think we better have some global change >soon< or there won't be a planet left to divvy up.

Way to go, God!!

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Emily planet X is not near our sun or Earth. It was a lie spread by nancy lieder.

[edit on 5-11-2004 by kyateLaBoca]

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
How do you know? How do you know who is telling the truth and who is lying?

I can no longer tell. I know the Gummint lies about just about everything; I know they are in the business of keeping secrets.

I know comets come here every so often; I know Venus was once a comet. I know Mars was once inhabited.

What's your problem with the idea that our planet's immediate vicinity might be changing?

What proof do you have--of anything at all?

None. Zip. You're just believing somebody's arguments.

Are you an astronomer with full access to a telescope 24/7?

I doubt that too. I think it's wishful thinking, to take anybody's word for anything at this point.

We're just going to have to wait and see. But in the meantime, the sun looks weird and the comets smashing into the sun are wreaking all kinds of havoc on NASA's prognostications.

So, why is it that Nancy is the one that is lying?

I'm mystified? Please elaborate, Kyate.

[edit on 5-11-2004 by Emily_Cragg]

[edit on 5-11-2004 by Emily_Cragg]

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Don't we have a rule against bringing up the same topic over and over again after it's been shot down...again and again?

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Ok lets look at this picture. I snapped this at a rave during my freshman year of college, nearly 5 years ago. Ok we see a bunch of people dancing. Agreed? Now see those little bubbles floating around? These are not some type of energy bubbles, or entities, or even aura.

These are camera artifacts. Dirt on the lens. Simple as that. I believe you posted or commented on a similar thread about camera artifacts claiming they were entities. This is not a government cover-up. It's just due to a crappy lens on a digital camera.

-edited for spelling

[edit on 11/5/2004 by Simulacra]

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Emily_Cragg
I know Venus was once a comet.

I'm really not trying to be rude but... are you kidding me? Venus is almost as large as Earth and is rocky. First, I believe that comets are mostly just and ice. Second, comets have solar orbits. Planets have solar orbits. When something is very very large and orbits the sun (even if it is little more than a giant chunk of ice and dust), it's no longer considered to be a comet... it's a planet.

As for life on Mars in the past, I'm certainly willing to believe that this is likely. However, none of us "knows" anything about it. We know only what others have told us. Unless of course you've been to Mars. You might think, you might believe... but you don't know.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Everybody can believe whatever they want. This Forum has been in place for X years or months or whatever, and I just got here about a week ago, so I'm just getting started.

If a topic is redundant to you, why don't you just >pass< and let the newer people HAVE THEIR TURN to discuss what you already discussed-to-death?

Why can't new people go back and begin again? Why do we all have to go back and re-read the old threads as if they represent some kind of sacred knowledge that we must "learn"?

I don't understand the attitude of these moderators. They seem very snippy, intolerant and presumptuous to me. But, what the hay? I'm just here to voice my thoughts like everybody else.

I guess I don't like being shouted down; being cut off; and being condescended to because I wasn't here a year ago.

Understand?

By the way, you are entitled to believe that photographic anomalies are whatever you want them to be. You can also take responsibility for what you believe to be true. Therefore, the playing field is level and I can believe what I want, also.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   

?

I don't understand the attitude of these moderators. They seem very snippy, intolerant and presumptuous to me. But, what the hay? I'm just here to voice my thoughts like everybody else.

I guess I don't like being shouted down; being cut off; and being condescended to because I wasn't here a year ago.

Understand?

On the contrary, the mods here are the best. Unfortunately, it is you who is being snippy and rude. You have made a number of disparaging comments to those who dissagree with you. We try to avoid that here. ATS is successful because it encourages open discussion without the rancor that has destroyed so many other forums. You input is welcome and encouraged. Just don't get all bent out of shape if not everyone agrees with you.

Remember

"Deny Ignorance"

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
What would make this all work for me is if you would specify the comment(s) I made/make that you find objectionable.

Then I can correct my language. Otherwise, I don't know how to identify what you're complaining about.

Just be specific. Put it on the line. And I'll gladly apologize. I have no point-of-view that I am sponsoring. I just want to know what is true; and yes, I get snippy when I think somebody is trying to fool or put one over on me.

I'll watch that.

: ) Chai

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   

. . .If you're not interested in this thread, why are you showing up?

Now, hook your imagination in gear and wonder--if only to yourself--what could this be?

You know, people who have no imagination can never "see" a new fact. They always judge against it beforehand, never having actually "seen" it.

Try again, please.

Debunker--plebe.

What's taking up white space is the person who refuses to see, refuses to question his own notions, refuses being open enough to WONDER.

. . . .
Now, let's see if somebody else can come up with a different idea.

You kiddies deep in your denials, excuses, doctrines and preferences make me sick too. You don't want to see what's right in front of your faces.

May Almighty God have mercy on your stupefied, TV-addlepaited brains. I guess cause-and-effect is simply beyond your comprehension.

As you can see there is a pattern to your threads. You tend to disparage anyone who disagrees with you. You are condescending to those who offer you simple rational explanations for the phenomena that you are asking about.

Yes, I can believe that you do get kicked out of a lot of forums.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
After all, there is a learning curve.

A lot of sarcasm passes as humor in these forums.

But, as I bewail, when I try to tell a joke, it always comes out sounding like the Gettysburg Address.

I guess, I truly just don't know how to tease someone gently instead of sounding like Baron Von Windbag.

Maybe I'll learn someday if I keep trying.

: ) Em

[edit on 6-11-2004 by Emily_Cragg]

new topics

top topics

join