It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spectacular 12 Month Composite Image of Our Sun over the Last Year ! Notice Anything Odd?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TauCetixeta
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

I had to go searching over at SOHO.

This was our sun in May 1996.

[snip image]

Here is the 12 month composite again.

[snip image]

As others have pointed out, the picture from 1996 is a single image, taken at a single point in time, while the 12-month composite is 26 different images taken over a span of 12 months all layered on top of one another.

Of course they will look different.

edit on 4/29/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

reply to post by abeverage

I guess we can agree to disagree. I see a clear difference.

On the plus side, i have given you 2 great Wallpaper pictures for your computer.

Maybe everything is completely normal with our sun.

BTW, did you hear over the weekend that scientists have discovered that the center

of the Earth is heating up?

I wonder why? Maybe it has something to do with our sun?

OH why didn't you say so! That is because the Earth has a sugary center much like nougat! The Sun acts like a microwave oven and is making that tasty nougat ready to eat for all mankind...

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

This was our sun in May 1996.

[snip image]

Here is the 12 month composite again.

[snip image]

As others have pointed out, the picture from 1996 is a single image, taken at a single point in time, while the 12-month composite is 26 different images taken over a span of 12 months all layered on top of one another.

Of course they will look different.

edit on 4/29/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

Take a close look at the north pole of our sun in 1996.

In 2012 - 2013 both the South and North Hemisphere regions are very calm and peaceful.

We have been blessed with many, many, many peaceful coronal loops and very few

destructive CMEs.

Abnormally few numbers of sunspots this year?

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

On the plus side, i have given you 2 great Wallpaper pictures for your computer.

BTW, did you hear over the weekend that scientists have discovered that the center

OH why didn't you say so! That is because the Earth has a sugary center much like nougat! The Sun acts like a microwave oven and is making that tasty nougat ready to eat for all mankind...

The entire solar system is heating up. Stay with the science.

You can win more arguments that way.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful
If this thread was simply the OP posting a neat looking picture and sharing it, that would be one thing.

However, the OP uses the thread title and says that there is something odd.

Then turns around and REFUSES to say what is odd at all.

Are you or are you not going to get around to what the entire point of your thread is?

There is a very good reason why we have had many, many, many.....peaceful Coronal Loops

on our sun over the last 12 months.

edit on 29-4-2013 by TauCetixeta because: (no reason given)

And as Erik asked are you going to share because your thread makes no sense with your vague posts.

Yes whats odd is your playing games to see if there is anyone out there with such a warped logic, there are but they will not give you the satisfaction of knowing your not the only one.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Do you know what a composite image is?

First one must understand basics before they can move to the more advanced.

You have previously shown your lack of understanding of averages and now seem to not understand the image your trying to tell us there's something odd with.

If you see a clear difference then clearly point it out, please.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

If this thread was simply the OP posting a neat looking picture and sharing it, that would be one thing.

However, the OP uses the thread title and says that there is something odd.

Then turns around and REFUSES to say what is odd at all.

Are you or are you not going to get around to what the entire point of your thread is?

There is a very good reason why we have had many, many, many.....peaceful Coronal Loops

on our sun over the last 12 months.

edit on 29-4-2013 by TauCetixeta because: (no reason given)

Might I suggest that before you start another thread here on ATS about anything, that you give THIS a good read first:

Starting A New Thread?

It's never a good idea to shoot the messenger.

Except you didn't covey a message at all. You posted two pictures and two lines that conveyed.....nothing.

What you could have done was posted your pictures and a few paragraphs outlining what you think or feel is wrong and why.

Next time, take the time to actually make a OP that is worth reading and has information in it. Then intelligent discussion (hopefully) can start after that, instead of 2 pages of people asking you what your point was.

As for your subject that you FINALLY decided to put out:

Nonsense.

Our star is not turning into a blue star (care to link stats that show the frequency change?).

Our star is under going it's solar maximum, a well documented cycle that has been observed for a very long time.

Five years ago was the solar minimum. Our sun displayed the characteristics of that cycle, in that it was calmer.

Five years from now, the sun will display that again.

You spent a lot of time on another thread trying to make everyone think that they sun's magnetic field was going to be reversing in a mater of hours.............that was many weeks ago. And while it's field does reverse, looks like we're still waiting.
In other words: your posts were very sensationalized and bore no fruit.

The only way the sun can change to blue is if it's surface temp increases to a much, much larger amount, and that means you'll need to increase it's mass........which it's not increasing.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TauCetixeta

I Get that one is a composite and the 1996 is just a photo, but, the really SCARY part, what everyone is missing is that back in 1996 the sun had a greener tinge, the later pictures look much more yellow. is that bad?
Maybe the composite has artifacts. I suppose this is what the OP is trying to point out since they say the next colors should be white or blue. I would prefer a more purple sun myself. But that's just me.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Leroy

I've been monitoring this thread from the get-go, and had a feeling that may have been the OP's point.
The various pictures in this thread are using different filters to observe alternate wavelengths of the light being emitted from the Sun, hence they are different colors.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leroy

I Get that one is a composite and the 1996 is just a photo, but, the really SCARY part, what everyone is missing is that back in 1996 the sun had a greener tinge, the later pictures look much more yellow. is that bad?
Maybe the composite has artifacts. I suppose this is what the OP is trying to point out since they say the next colors should be white or blue. I would prefer a more purple sun myself. But that's just me.

Uhm.......okay, the sun looks green in the 1996 picture because they are using a filter for you to see it in Ultra violet. The more recent picture is in Ultra Violet too, but at a different frequency.

In other words: these photos are not "true colors" of the sun.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I am not here to win arguments. But when you throw out logic or reason so will I. You are basically comparing apples to oranges here and coming up with Bananas for answers...

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Leroy

Here, this might help you. These pictures are from a thread that I posted in a long time ago, and each one shows the different filters that the SDO uses to look at the sun with:

Here it is at 335 nm (Nanometers):

At 94 nm

At 131 nm

At 171 nm

At 193 nm

at 211 nm

At 304 nm

At 1600 nm

At 1700 nm

At 4500 nm (visible light, this is what our eyes see)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

This photo looks great as wallpaper on any computer.

5 years ago our sun did not look like this.
edit on Mon Apr 29 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Starting a New Thread?...Look Here FirstAboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sitesplease post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item, as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

Wow...all these S&F's for a very incomplete thread.
Notice anything odd??? I only see 1 picture and nothing to compare that pic too.
You would think you would explain more so we the people can see what you see....

I see people have brought this to ur attention....very good...carry on ole chap.
edit on 29-4-2013 by tracehd1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

You have to scroll down and read the thread.

I compare it to a 1996 SOHO image.

I didn't have a choice. The SDO is a rather new instrument in orbit.

If you want to, you can just ignore the "Notice Anything Odd?" part of the title and

just enjoy the view. It's images like this that will get our children interested in

science and space exploration.

Stellarium also helps.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

you can just ignore the "Notice Anything Odd?" part of the title

We can, however it would be much easier to let go if you were to either tell us what you thought was odd or just admit you were mistaken with your initial idea and actually gain much credibility by doing so.

It's images like this that will get our children interested in science and space exploration.

But what if these children read some of what you have to offer here on ATS, wouldn't that confuse them if they are interested in science and space exploration?

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Originally posted by Quantum_Squirrel
...This is the point i was trying to make as i don't have faith in the 11 year cycles either, as the sun is 4.6billion years old for us to ascribe patterns that we would consider 'normal' over 5 years , 10 years 100 years or 1000 years is just pure madness imho

True, we only have an infinitesimally small sample of data relative to the entire history of the Sun, but we do have sunspot observational data dating back 400 years.

Taking into account the 400 years of data, it seems that the Sun actually does have these 11-year cycles -- at least we know it has acted this way for 400 years.

Before that? who knows? The next 400 years? Who knows?
But it seems unlikely that the cycles started just at the exact same time we had the ability to track sunspots.

Again you are correct (we seem to keep agreeing)

BUT, 400 years out of 4.6 billion years ... as a percentage... what percentage of the Suns history is known to us?

4.6 billion / 400 ..... can anyone work this out? tried to Google it and is it 11 millionth 500 thousand of a percent? or summin like that, i cant work it out!.. math boffins go go go !!!

Now see what i mean? who are we to say whats normal or not? i am not saying we should not collect the data its the only point of reference we have, i just chuckle inwardly when people put so much faith in patterns that are a mere blink of the eye in the cosmic scheme of things.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I like you lol

ok i apologize we are not engineering the sun and causing the discrepancies you are pointing out.

An umbilical cord stretching to the Andromeda council's BIO sphere as they are changing our sun? or is it a gateway for travel to our sun? a blue white star? i think our suns going Red giant m8 in about 5 billion years.. we know this because we have comparable data of suns like ours in all different stages of its lifespan.

The evidence is consistent and does not show other signs of stars that have been tampered with , they show stages in the evolution of stars.

may i also dare ask...

Why and who is doing this ?

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

What did you think was odd? And yes our sun did not look like this 5 years ago and actually has never looked like this all at once since it is a composite image of course. That and it is entering the peak of it's solar cycle.

This was our sun back in May 1996.

You know what a COMPOSITE image is, don't you? Oh wait...you don't!!

To help you: A "composite" Image means an image composed of several other, showing several events in ONE single picture. And you compare it with a single shot from Soho...
edit on 29-4-2013 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-4-2013 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by InhaleExhale

you can just ignore the "Notice Anything Odd?" part of the title

We can, however it would be much easier to let go if you were to either tell us what you thought was odd or just admit you were mistaken with your initial idea and actually gain much credibility by doing so.

It's images like this that will get our children interested in science and space exploration.

But what if these children read some of what you have to offer here on ATS, wouldn't that confuse them if they are interested in science and space exploration?

This thread has been a learning experience for children.

I have noticed everyone is focused on the sun spots and ignoring the coronal holes.

Coronal Holes? What's that?

Space Weather.com called these examples large.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Quantum_Squirrel

400 out of 4.6 billion is 8.695652173913043 x 10^-8 or 0.0000000869565 or 0.00000869565%

Just to help out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join