It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Took 15 years to say Hello

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by AkumaStreak

I want to thank you all for the warm welcome. I forgot to mention I am not yet comfortable with all the functions to reply, cut and paste quotes and any other technological challenge that all these little buttons present, so allow me to respond to several posts at once till I "figure it out".

Okay, you got me! Maybe it has only been 13-14 years since I have been lurking. It was an uneducated guess, but, close enough for an introduction. I can promise you all this........ When I finally do get around to making a thread, it wil be much more factual. I have my first topic already picked out and am researching when time allows.

Yes, I do not log off much. I have a work from home company that allows me to "surf" whenever I need a break from what I am currently doing.

I am particularly pleased I inspired someone to also make an account and say hello. However, I really can't take any credit. I rarely go into "general chit chat" but was checking it out, I believe it was Saturday. There was a thread there about getting eople to stop lurking, sign up and contribute to the best of their ability. This thread, and recent events in my life helped me to become an active participant. Wish i could find the thread again.

Now something near and dear to my heart. I am not worried about leaving my genetic footprint behind as much as I feel I missed an opportunity to maybe make a difference in someones life. For at least 8 years I always adopted 3 families for Christmas. It was not for recognition of any type as I made it a point to never ever personally meet the families and they had no idea who I was. I can say thou, they all got Holiday turkeys with all the good treats to go along with it. And the children had presents to open. I always made it a point to get them the necessities, you know, socks, under garments that sort of thing. but, they also received the type of gifts that would put a smile on a childs face. Why....... Believe me when I say it was more for me then them. Hmmmm, I guess that makes me selfish now that I think about it.

I did look into the "Big Brother" program. It was unfortunate that the training program consisted of, I believe it was 6 Saturdays of 4 hour training and a few other things I was unable to do. I was prettty disappointed withthat. I mean I can understand they don't want a kid to fall into the hands of a pedophile or something. I was like, I'll take a urinalysis, check my home, run my credit, whatever you need to do. I was probably early 30's with a pocket full of cash and a job that gave me access to tickets to every sporting event in town. I just wanted to take a kid to a ballgame and made sure they had shoes and a coat and that type of thing. I regret that never worked out.

Well ATS, as you can see, as I stated...... man of few spoken words, but, love to write.........

I even have my first Thread title worked out. It is not sexy by any stretch of the imagination..... "Social Insecurity"
But, I can promise you it will be worth the read. I've learned what not to do when posting a topic........

Thank you again for all the warm welcomes......

Tez

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS
Just make sure you do not go too far down the rabbit hole

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS Sir..

Rgds,

A

new topics

<< 1   >>