It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Took 15 years to say Hello

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Hello everyone.......First, my screen name IT8NTEZ stands for it ain't easy. My former license plates, you can call me Tez for short. I am finally taking the time to write an introduction after well over a decade lurking. Actually, I created a bucket list and this was one of the simpler things on it. I believe I became a member in 2006 or so after reading the forums for many years. I rarely post, maybe 2-3 times, however, recent events in my life have me rethinking that.

A little about me...... I am not a formaly educated man. I spent 8 years in the Marine Corps followed by a successful business career. I gave it all up, moved to S. Korea for a new job when boredom set in. Mom got sick, I moved back to be close to her and darn near went into bankruptcy doing so. Another of my bucket list items is working for myself. I have been able to accomplish that in the past year and things turned around very quickly for me.

Personally, I am a man of few "spoken" words, however, I love to write. I am considered quiet, generous, and easy to get along with once you get to know me. I was married for 10 years when I was much younger and have been alone for going on 20 years. I have no children and that is without a doubt the biggest regret I have in my life. As with everyone else, I have a few quirks, but nothing that would be considered harmful to others.

I started reading ats basically for laughs. It was very difficult for me to understand/believe some of the things that were brought to the table. I wore blinders for many many years. I think the turning point came after all the 911 threads started appearing and I started doing my own research. Then, as the fog was starting to lift, you kind of follow certain posters or certain subject matter and it can become crystal clear what is going on around you, or, my importantly, right in front of you. I know it is against T&C to list any posters name here, so, I will just thank all of you who have made such important contributions not only to ATS but to those people like myself.

Three events have happened to me recently which started this whole train I am on rolling. I guess the one I will share with you briefly is when this past Saturday night I was at my local watering hole and was listening to a conversation 2 brothers were having. He was wearing a blackwater shirt and had recently come home for good. After 30 minutes or so, I engaged him in light conversation. As things got a little more detailed and he kind of figured out I may have just a little bit of experience in some of the things he was trying to embelish the tone changed. Please understand, I rarely discuss Politics, sex, or religion in public...........And it is the very first time in my life I have been clled a truther......After I stopped laughing, I calmly got up, paid my check and walked out with a huge grin on my face. Funny thing is, I was there Sunday having a beer, watching the basketball games and 3 people including the barmaid that overheard what was going on the evening before, were curious about some of my statements to him. I was so proud to tell them to "Do your own research" but, not before giving them the website to get started.........

TEZ

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
well, I guess it's too late for welcomes...

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by IT8NTEZ

Well, welcome again Tez,

Great introduction and looking forward to seeing your posts here and maybe sharing some of my opinions with you.

Your old tin hat is probably a little worse for the wear now, so here is a new one for you :

Kindest respects

Rodinus

edit on 29-4-2013 by Rodinus because: Tin hat added

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by IT8NTEZ

Hi IT8NTEZ, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, Old timer
, as you know it's place to say hello to the ATS community.

For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now.

Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads in the appropriate forums and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Avatar upload: Step by step instructions with pictures (2012),

Signature Guidelines

Try our Ask ATS with the search words of your choice.
I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from and add your thoughts and opinions too as well.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Welcome. Sounds like you would have been a great contributor to ATS over your years, but now that you have your bucket list kicking in maybe we will get a chance to read some of what you post to catch up on those years. Glad you are jumping in!

I look forward to your posts. You seem level headed and, while you state you are formally educated, you do seem very articulate and precise.
edit on 4/29/13 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

My reaction when I saw your title.

So, welcome aboard. Will enjoy seeing your opinions in future posts.

edit on 29-4-2013 by Nuker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by IT8NTEZ

Thank you all for the warm welcome......Rodinus, you are one of those contributors I was talking about making me want to participate more..... Thank you for all your great work over the years.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by IT8NTEZ
reply to post by Rodinus

You are more than welcome

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by IT8NTEZ

So glad you joined us

Enjoy your stay. Nice introduction btw.

Peace and love
-nat the vader cat-

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
What in interesting and unusual and entertaining opening thread TEZ.

If the OP is anything to go on then you really must post a little more often than every 15 years or so.

Seriously, it''s been a long time coming but I sincerely look forward to your contribution to ATS. I get the distinct impression you have one or two thing you would like to get off your chest or share with the rest of us and I for one can hardly wait to see what your wealth of experience as a quiet observer finally brings to the ATS table.

S&F.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Welcome officially to the site, im suprised no ones made you a cake yet.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Hello IT8NTEZ,

you must have been travelling at lightspeed, old timer

I count about 6 1/2 earth years.

And ATS has only existed for 14 years.

In our dimension.

Welcome to our Time-space Continuum.

Have a lolipop

edit on 29/4/2013 by Theflyingweldsman because: It aint easy

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by IT8NTEZ

Never too late to offer a warm welcome.
Don't forget to "Log Out", once in a while, or you'll never rest.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by IT8NTEZ

Welcome back!

And now say cheese!

(*Great Op*)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by IT8NTEZ

Tez what a wonderful introduction. I look forward to getting to know you.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Hi Tez, I too have been lurking for about the same amount of time. Your post helped inspire me to make my own account. I'll post my introduction soon, but my introduction will take allot of thought as I have a pretty long story. It does feel good to be able to interact with all of the people who I have stayed up with at nights monitoring the scanners and riding the emotional roller coaster of breaking stories.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by IT8NTEZ

That was a very cool intro !!!

Looking forward to your contributions !

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by IT8NTEZ

Quite the dedicated voyeur ! Ya I know, " Pimp'in 8NTEZ ". But damn glad you said hello.

You may have seen my memo.

A belated welcome.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Hello friend.

Just wondering, does your regret of not having a child relate to your wish to propagate your family's genetics, or just because you feel you've missed out on being a father figure? Have you considered being a father figure to someone through some organization, something like Big Brother, Big Sister, but for someone who could use an adult male in their life? Just something to think about if you haven't, I suppose you probably have considered that already.

Thanks for your post.
edit on 4/29/2013 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join