It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America should be divided into two nations.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
duh_squared: I guess you aren't speaking for ythe 40% of all New yorkers that voted for Bush? It's strange that people think because they won a state that there was no dissent with their opinion. Four out of ten New Yorkers disagreed with the Democrats.

[edit on 4-11-2004 by Mynaeris]

NY state was 60% Kerry. NYC was 89% for Kerry I believe. NY is a big state.

I should add that I do not feel any desire to further divide as a country. I just want to find a way to keep my family and friends safe in a country we can respect, which respects us. Sadly, this would mean no longer claiming residency in the USA.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Machine
Of course, you know what will happen? In no time at all we will go to war with one another, winner takes all!

Not what I had in mind but suit yourself, too bad your "life begins at ejaculation" side will be over-populated and broke, well maybe not, because your medical technology will suffer thanks to your leader Bush. Not to mention you environmental quality will suck, polluted lungs don't make powerful warriors. But won't it be hard to fight a war with horses and buggies?
And don't forget, you will not just be fighting our side, but the rest of the world as well, they all have no desire to see America become a fundamentalist nation.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
good call to bootyac!!!

stay focused on the vast amount of folk who still want freedom and you can be sure you are stronger than ever!

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
It would be difficult, but we do NOT want to live under YOUR rules and values, we would like to choose our own.

I live under the Rules and Laws of the United States, I may not agree with them all, but I abide by them.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jdBut won't it be hard to fight a war with horses and buggies?
And don't forget, you will not just be fighting our side, but the rest of the world as well, they all have no desire to see America become a fundamentalist nation.

hmm...most military bases, icbm sites and such are in red states...hmm i think you'd be defeated in such a war, and noone would get involved because it would not benifit them no matter who won, think about it.

[edit on 4-11-2004 by namehere]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Well,as far as ICBM bases in 'red' states..

I live about 15 miles from Naval Submarine Base Bangor (Washington State)home of the Trident Subs,and about 40 miles from Ft.Lewis.

Oh and we are a 'blue' state.

Bring it on!!

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere
hmm...most military bases, icbm sites and such are in red states...hmm i think you'd be defeated in such a war, and noone would get involved because it would not benifit them no matter who won, think about it.

[edit on 4-11-2004 by namehere]

Not all soldiers are brainwashed Jesus freaks, and many have relatives in blue states, and vice versa, quite an internal conflict there I would think. And there are plenty of military bases in blue states, although I don't think the division would be that clear cut. And ICBM's?
Are you suggesting the U.S. would nuke itself? LMAO Don't be so sure the military would be on your side, at least not all of it by any means. Think about it.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere
so its better if you controlled them instead?

Nobody should have ANY say over the beliefs of others, so no that would of course not be better, that's my point. In MY nation EVERY law abiding citizen would be free to make their OWN choices.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I took this pic at a 'rally' in downtown Seattle yesterday.

img.photobucket.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Well, if we had to judge by the reactions here, I think that we would still be fighting, even if there were 2 seperate sections to appease most people's wishes.

The whole point is not "who is better", the whole point is "everybody's happier now". Right? I would rather live somewhere that I was happy living, not somewhere that was more concerned with what the rest of the world is doing and whether or not we should kill them or overthrow a government, etc.

It's the nature of man to destroy himself. As long as our country is based on capitalism, there will be poverty, crime, corruption and corporate government, so until we find a better way to live, things will be screwed up.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
Not what I had in mind but suit yourself, too bad your "life begins at ejaculation" side will be over-populated and broke, well maybe not, because your medical technology will suffer thanks to your leader Bush. Not to mention you environmental quality will suck, polluted lungs don't make powerful warriors. But won't it be hard to fight a war with horses and buggies?

The flames you fan are of the Democrat's own funereal pyre, not those of the mob's torches. The "Sore-Loserman" mentality, the displacement of responsibility for loss, the demonization of 59 million "dumb" people is not the answer. Introspection and evaluation of your ideals, platforms and policies, and how they relate to a clear majority of Americans. the other option is to withdraw further into you ideological shell, devoid of truth and reality (I hear RANT is starting a newsletter for people withdrawn into their liberal fantasy shells
). If you personally want to expatriate yourself, be my guest, it's your decision. If you want to work towards a reasonable and viable opposition to the current administration, I applaud your efforts, it's what has made America great. If you (angry Democrats in general, not you personally) choose to persist in the childish vitriol towards the mainstream public, and the clear mandate handed down by them, the utter obliteration of the Democrat Party will fall squarely on your (general terms) shoulders in 2008.

I find it amusing that the party of �uniters� are so quick to call for division. :shk:

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIRR1
I live under the Rules and Laws of the United States, I may not agree with them all, but I abide by them.

The laws of the United States were not meant to force religious agendas. Would you abide by, say, a law that mandated abortion for population control? I think not. You are likely against abortion. And I am against forced religious values. Not all laws are to be abided by like good little sheep. Sorry.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
*snap, snap, snap* Can you hear that sound? That's me snapping my fingers asking everyone to wake up out of this dream of having two separate nations. Don't think 1800s Civil war, think Kurds vs. Saddam. Basically you're talking about a slaughter. I find it hard to believe that anyone who has seen any of the war footage from Iraq would believe that they would successfully have some sort of revolution. Believe it or not you were seeing restricted combat.

I'm really getting bored of all this "We're going to rise up" talk. The best way to make a change is to elect officials who have your view point. According to the 2000 census there are 213,954,023 Americans who are eligible to vote. Half of these people did not vote this election. Let's just mark them up as happy with the way things are. Of the ones that did vote, over half voted for George W. Bush. According to my math that means that only 1/4 of the U.S. was unhappy with the Bush administration, and 3/4 of the U.S. loved it or didn't mind Bush being in office.

Now the networks are going on and on about how the U.S. is a "Nation Divided" Bah! Bush was the first president since the 1988 election to get more than 50% of the popular vote. Clinton never did this. I'd say that Bush has been given a clear message that the U.S. is behind him.

Good luck with your uprising. I doubt you would get even half of the people that voted for Kerry to go along with it. Now we're down to 1/8 of the U.S. trying to break away. The odds aren't looking very well for the rebellious side now are they? We survived Regan's warmongering with the Russians, and Kennedy's nuclear challenge with the Cuban missile crisis. We'll get through this next 4 years just fine.

sources:
Voting Population

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Not all soldiers are brainwashed Jesus freaks, and many have relatives in blue states, and vice versa, quite an internal conflict there I would think. And there are plenty of military bases in blue states, although I don't think the division would be that clear cut. And ICBM's?
Are you suggesting the U.S. would nuke itself? LMAO Don't be so sure the military would be on your side, at least not all of it by any means. Think about it.

im not republican anyways but if the US split, and war erupted, people would fight for their home, not for god or whatever, as the first civil war showed.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Why consider war when utopia lies next door?

canadavisa.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
I find it amusing that the party of �uniters� are so quick to call for division. :shk:

I'm NOT calling for TOTAL division, read back in the thread you'll find it's your (not you specifically) side who began calling for war. The only division I call for is a division of religious/morality guidelines and rules. And Bush does not have a "mandate" the nation is split in half, most of Kerry's support (the youth) didn't even show up, which is of course no fault of you or yours.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Why not three, after the secession of California (the sixth largest economy in the world)?

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
suggestion: learn how to cook a sidewalk.

Val-

Here in the north east, we have plenty of farms and farm land. It's not as if we'd starve without the red states.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I'm NOT calling for TOTAL division, read back in the thread you'll find it's your (not you specifically) side who began calling for war.

you suggested division into 2 nations, that is total division, use common sense, it would start a war, someone merely pointed it out, noone called for war.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
Good luck with your uprising. I doubt you would get even half of the people that voted for Kerry to go along with it. Now we're down to 1/8 of the U.S. trying to break away. The odds aren't looking very well for the rebellious side now are they? We survived Regan's warmongering with the Russians, and Kennedy's nuclear challenge with the Cuban missile crisis. We'll get through this next 4 years just fine.

Where did you get an uprising? I wish (I say wish because I am well aware it will not happen) we could divide into two seperate value systems, that's all, it's you conservative warmongers that think everything should lead to violence, and that's the problem. I just don't think we should be FORCED to follow law dictated by religious values, if you want to live by those rules fine, but now we have a government that will force it on all of us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join