It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could they be here for the Gold?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
After seeing information and opinions regarding disclosure in the UFO sector of the populace, the mess going on with the Gold markets and the very real possibility that the gold just isn't physically there...is it possible that our universal neighbors HAVE come back for more gold?
Could the stories of another race enslaving human beings for the mining of gold in ancient times have a possibility in reality?
I have no opinion on the matter-I don't believe per se', yet do not disbelieve either, the thought is a random one, I am very interested to hear others thoughts or elaborations on this possibility?

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
If 'they' needed gold, they could just remove it from the sea water. Maybe that's why there are so many weird and wonderful accounts of large ships taking on water or sat on / near the sea.

If the technology is that advanced, they could just zip to the bottom of the ocean and 'mine' for it without us onshore ever knowing anything was happening

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
If a race has the technology to cross the almost infinite gaps of space to get to this planet they certainly wouldn't have any problems making gold without having to travel here. It takes a tiny fraction of the energy to make gold that it would take to fly here from any star in the universe.

Gold synthesis in an accelerator

Gold synthesis in a particle accelerator is possible in many ways. The Spallation Neutron Source has a liquid mercury target that will be transmuted into gold, platinum, and iridium, which are lower in atomic number.[citation needed]
Gold synthesis in a nuclear reactor

Gold was synthesized from mercury by neutron bombardment in 1941, but the isotopes of gold produced were all radioactive.[3] In 1924, a Japanese physicist, Hantaro Nagaoka, accomplished the same feat.[4]

Gold can currently be manufactured in a nuclear reactor by irradiation either of platinum or mercury.

Only the mercury isotope 196Hg, which occurs with a frequency of 0.15% in natural mercury, can be converted to gold by neutron capture, and following electron capture-decay into 197Au with slow neutrons. Other mercury isotopes are converted when irradiated with slow neutrons into one another, or formed mercury isotopes which beta decay into thallium.

Using fast neutrons, the mercury isotope 198Hg, which composes 9.97% of natural mercury, can be converted by splitting off a neutron and becoming 197Hg, which then disintegrates to stable gold. This reaction, however, possesses a smaller activation cross-section and is feasible only with un-moderated reactors.

It is also possible to eject several neutr

source

edit on 29-4-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
sounds kind of like cowboys and aliens.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I read an article somewhere that a high ranking English government official was worried about aliens coming here to take our gold. He stated that we should protect our gold. I guess not everyone in Parliament is normal

I don't worry about aliens coming and taking my gold. They can take it, maybe I can bargain a trade for a good recipe or something.....Shows you guys how little gold I have.
I like the color of copper better than gold myself.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
If aliens wanted gold they could have abducted Jesus
and have him working in an alien sweatshop somewhere.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

You are obviously a skeptic, but I see you make the same presumptions, which you have no understanding of, as do proponents of the UFO visitation school of thought.

You assume gold is plentiful throughout the galaxym and they would never travel that far to get it.

1. How do you know Gold is plentiful?
2. How do you know where they are coming from?
3. Do you under and anything about their propulsion mechanisms? If not, how can you assume how much it costs? If they are getting here via an established portal, maybe there is literally no cost.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jchristopher5

You assume gold is plentiful throughout the galaxym and they would never travel that far to get it.

Based on this it's not an unfair assumption.

I think it's more likely that gold is plentiful than creatures are plentiful. I imagine if aliens do come, they're more than likely coming for us unless we just happen to have some amazingly rare element that I doubt we actually have.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

You are obviously a skeptic, but I see you make the same presumptions, which you have no understanding of, as do proponents of the UFO visitation school of thought.

3. Do you under and anything about their propulsion mechanisms? If not, how can you assume how much it costs? If they are getting here via an established portal, maybe there is literally no cost.

It's obvious that gold only exists on earth. If you take the L out of gold you have God. and since god only exists on earth, it's obvious that he made it here. So the reason why the aliens want the gold and come here to steal it is because they don't believe in god, and want us to stop believing in him. If they remove all the gold, they, by the literical superstition, take god with them. Also 79 is 7 + 9 and that makes 7. 7 is the number of days it took god to make gold and the Sapta Rishi needed it to fly.

As they say, the road to l is paved with gods intentions.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
As advanced as they are they probably have the technology to manipulate subatomic particles to transform base metals to gold (as the alchemists dreamed of doing).

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by rockhndr

Considering that we now manufacture diamonds, it cant be that long until they produce gold in a Lab. I can understand them needing water and such things but NOT the gold, that is now a man made greed

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
I read an article somewhere that a high ranking English government official was worried about aliens coming here to take our gold. He stated that we should protect our gold. I guess not everyone in Parliament is normal

I don't worry about aliens coming and taking my gold. They can take it, maybe I can bargain a trade for a good recipe or something.....Shows you guys how little gold I have.
I like the color of copper better than gold myself.

DEY TOOK OOR GERLD!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
It would be much more efficient to harvest gold from asteriods than coming to Earth.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Astr0

If thats the case the universe is full of planets.They sure dont need ours. They can go to any other planet without people living there. Its not like earth is unique in composition.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
If aliens had the tech to zip across the vastness of space. One can assume they had the tech to have limitless power. If so - then they can make their own gold using mercury.

We are able to make our own gold doing this method - why couldn't they?

They, as we all know, are here for our earth women. We've all seen the greys - no curves what so ever.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
What if they weren't taking the gold, but bringing it here...

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Its obvious you didn't read or more than likely didn't understand my post. So try reading this a bit more carefully.

Mining gold isnt the only way to get the stuff as it can be made in a variety of ways. Some of these i have listed in the post above. If we know how to do this with our very limited technology an advanced alien race would have no problems making the stuff rather than flying many light years to mine from us.

I never said gold was plentiful (another sign you didnt read my post) but as you brought it up know this

According to John E. Ross and Lawrence H. Aller (1971) of the University of California, the solar abundance of gold can be expressed as

log [ N(Au) / N(H) ] + 12 = 0.7

Which means that there is one atom of gold for each 200 billion atoms of hydrogen, in the sun.

Yes and if they click their heals together and appear here with their magic slippers it wouldn't take much energy either.

edit on 29-4-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Stanton thinks they could be here for gold.

Really?

Aliens can probably produce gold in their hands just by thought.

Oh yeah, and the words of Sitchin cloud UFOlogy.
edit on 29-4-2013 by greyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by STARTRUTH49

Considering that we now manufacture diamonds, it cant be that long until they produce gold in a Lab. I can understand them needing water and such things but NOT the gold, that is now a man made greed

Why do you think that all off the DeBeers Family sold all there mine

Maybe they are going for the gold now

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
No way. Can you give out an reason WHAT they need gold for????

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join