It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creepy things kids have said to you

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

Your son was either a great nomad in a past life or a very smart little booger! haha I always think it's amazing to talk to a very intelligent child and watch them put together the mysteries of life and it's always exciting to me to see a little one deduce something that I may not have understood with clarity until I was much older.

Children are amazing mental creatures, between the "creepy" things in this thread and their absolute drive, their absolute need to learn and discover. I'm happy I'll never have to go through those awful awkward stages again but to experience that level of revelation once more would be quite enjoyable.
edit on 5-5-2013 by cqnoble because: Grammar. Even though I probably missed something!

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod
My son, who is 3 said something odd to me just the other day. My partner and him went to a travel agency to get a brochure for a family holiday to Florida. When i got home from work i was looking at it with him, he was very excited as he wanted to meet Mickey and see Lightning McQueen etc.

I said to him "Do you know how we get there?" He said "How", i said "in a plane". He looked at me and held his thought before saying "why?". I said "because we need to go across the water and we cant drive on water". He again held his thought and said...

"We cant drive there now but people could get there before all the ice melted. People could walk where the water is before the sun came out and melted all the ice".

Now, many of you will think this is normal or nothing important but the very fact that he is putting rising water levels together with ice melt is pretty remarkable, let alone sea levels rising with ice melt, and the notion that there is actually ground under the water.

He is 3 and has no knowledge of this whatsoever!

Before the sun came out... interesting... Even north or south pole have sunny days, even if everything is frozen... Reminds me our stories that earth before the invasion, didnt have blue skies and sunny days, it was different. The water was in the atmosphere like a shield, (like all planets are surrounded with gass clouds) something like it, but heavy blue clouds (I know it was all blue outside)... Thats how the cataclysmic event can also be explained(?) The cataclysmic event is written by all ancient cultures, its not a NOAH thing...

Earth before the invasion was a garden.. thats why they call it EDEN...
We have a kind of map, from the beginning till to date, earth and races evolvement, but I cant find about the ice ages... In wikipedia says 112.000bc till about 10.000bc.

But I wonder, how ur son knows the map and locations, did you saw him any maps, did he recognized the areas by seeing them? Because he knew that Disneyland was once ice.. right? You saw him any maps?

1st) if you did saw him some maps and recognised the areas by that, it means at his ice age, they used and had maps and tools...
2nd) because lets be honest, if we believe the today scientists that humans were prehistoric and nomads (monkeys, whatever)... I wouldn't recognize the area I am today, because we didnt have knowledge even how earth looks like! No maps, no transports, I wouldn't know if I am in europe or africa or usa... etc.. So how he knew that he lived in USA and that area was covered with ICE.

so many questions, you should ask

edit on 5-5-2013 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malcher

Originally posted by MaMaa

Originally posted by Malcher
There is another thread on here right now that deals with adult experiences, i dont want to link to it but it was on the first page of recent posts. I found these 2 threads very similar, different enough to warrant separate threads so not saying "already been posted" just that my response is the same.

Could these events be the inability to differentiate between dreams where the subject believes they occur during awake but are actually dreams?

As someone who with intermittent sleep paralysis for 20 years it has helped me to understand how the lines between fantasy and reality can become blurred and even or especially if the duration of the event is only seconds long. The shorter the easier it seems to get confused because it is not as involved as a longer, more drawn out event.

It is also good to study false memories or memory repression, not calling these false memories just a way to better understand how over time real and unreal becomes more of a fine line. I read that this plays a part into statutes of limitations being implemented.

this struck a chord with me because I am always aware of when I am dreaming, except for one time. It is always is the same, but sometimes after I get my kids off to school, I go lay back down for an hour or so. I always set my alarm on my phone.. and inevitably I hit snooze over and over. This always changes my dream and in my dreams I am almost 100% sure that I am awake, so much so that I think I can feel and perceive my body movements no different than when I am awake. Then the alarm will go off again after my 10 minute snooze button hit and I wake up for real and the differences between the dream state and my awake state are so minute that I could hardly tell the difference. sometimes i fall right back asleep and am not even aware that I woke up all the way, I suppose I probably didn't fully awake.

This has always led me to wonder how much of our mind perceives dream states as reality. Now the things I have witnessed as being 'creepy' as some might say have rarely been when I was asleep or even near it.. usually in the middle of the day doing my normal routines and such. So while I believe that part of it can be a mis-perception of a dream state, some is just outright creepy/strange/weird/what have you.. I have come to the conclusion that I simply do not know. There is more out there to know and I just don't know it yet. LOL

That is interesting about the alarm clock and provides even more insight. I think you hit on something there vis-a-vis that small window where we are not fully awake nor fully asleep...which is actually very much like what my own experiences and others who are familiar with SP or possible even sleep walking.

I have a detailed response typed up and ready to go which only adds to my first post, but for now i am mainly reading the responses posting actual examples so these examples may sway me.

I have always wondered about that, it has felt as though there is this small sliver of a space between awake and asleep. I'd like to understand it more, but not quite sure how.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
My partners parents were babysitting a little girl that was around 3-4 at the time and she was asking me all these questions about him, like do we love each other? do we kiss each other? are we going to get married one day?

and then at the end of what I thought was a very cute little conversation I was having with her, she looks me straight in the eyes and says

"I wish that you were dead so that I could marry (Boyfriends name) instead!"

The way that she said it DEFINITELY creeeeeped me out

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

[–]seethella 1191 points 13 days ago* When my son was little he, maybe 3, he used to do this weird crawl where he would slide his forehead along the floor. That was pretty creepy in itself. Then one night he crawled across the hallway into my room like that and stood up a few inches from my face and made a weird meow sound. He got into bed with me and went to sleep. Another time he was freaking out about a monster in the basement so we went down and saw nothing, of course, and as I turned out the light and headed upstairs and he said "Hes right behind us now." I might have peed a little. Possibly the creepiest thing he did was one day I scolded him for misbehaving so he hid his head under his blanket. I pretended I couldn't find him by saying "Where is my little Carson?" He slowly lowered the blanket and with a dead evil stare said, "Carson is gone, I am Rick." I'm certain he's possessed. We never knew any Ricks, as far I can remember. Still don't. Never figured out where he picked up the name.

Has to be my favourite so far because there are so many things you could interpret out of that. But forgetting child psychology and going straight to the parent... Who the hell thinks their KID is possessed? No wonder the bairns doing crazy stuff.

Anyway, kids are amazing. Like paranormal beacons. They pick up some incredible stuff. And are just intrinsically creepy.

I'm also extremely interested in how kids understand death. A lot of these kids say things are 'dead', but it's hard to understand how they understand. It'd be good to know whether they've experienced family members passing and whether or not it's some way of rationalising their loss.
edit on 9/5/2013 by Ayana because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Not so long ago, my mother and grandmother told that when was around 4 years old, i told them that I once had three kids and a husband and we lived in Cuba. (I was born in Quebec, and obviously had no idea about where was Cuba at 4). When they asked more questions about it I told them that later my husband died in a plane crash on a business trip to the United State. That's pretty weird. Never had the time since do to some research about this but i sure will!

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Cool article, interesting topic and great thread! Always love kooky kids since I'm a full sized version of one

I have not had children but have been around many and have nieces nephews and girlfriend's children experiences that have influenced my life deeply and in ways profoundly.

My father's best story about my weird behavior was before I can remember (3-4 I think I was), but the story is we kept driving cross country in his car to look for work and he was feeding me scrambled eggs every morning since that's all I would eat apparently, but I guess I didn't like them much and one morning as he was blazing along at 70 to finish the 1000 mile journey to find work for his young wife and 2 kids his son strangle-holds him from the back seat with one arm and thrusts 2 fingers in his mouth and hisses "eat your eggs, daddy, EAT YOUR EGGS!"

I have a cousin who has a daughter who told her once "I'm not from here mommy, they sent me here to protect you" She's one of the most creative and imaginative kids I've met in a long time. Had an interest in the paranormal and outer world concepts from age 4 I'd say.

Then the middle daughter of a woman I dated years ago, I was in the SE and it was very warm and I was babysitting. The gal I was dating had some odd abilities herself and could mostly hear a few ghosts but also had prophetic style dreams that mostly had to do with when people died... but she told me her one daughter could see and talked to her dead grandfather. Well that one night I babysat I was alone with her and the youngest (who didnt see or hear what the daughter did) and the girl started talking to someone next to me I couldn't see. I asked her who it was she was talking to, "grandpa" she replied, "right next to me?" she nodded. I was in NC and waved my hand around a bit and in this 80 degree house i felt like my hand was in a fridge. "tell him I'm sorry" I said since yeah, I felt him and it was really weird. "He likes you" and I still remember that clever kid's smile, she's in her late 20's now and a crazy smart science double major that just finished both degrees.

kids make you proud even when they aren't your own, and even when they aint kids no more

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
Having had paranormal experiences myself, and having heard many stories over the years from family members and people I trust completely, I am convinced these things exist. With that said, when I was younger I saw a person that no one else could see, and I have heard similar things within my own family with other small children. Plus this seems to be reported by people around the world. It is my opinion that children are more "in tune" or apt to see things like this mainly because they have not been told these things do not exist. That is sort of a poor reason, but it may be part of what is going on.

I am convinced however that it has something to do with the brain, obviously. I think that these events show that our brains are somehow connected to some sort of spirit world, or afterlife, and only after we begin to grow up and our brain chemistry changes do we stop seeing these things. Well not all children can see these things, but there are still many adults who can as well. Some people can even turn the ability on and off. And I would be the first person to say that this is just the brain doing something wonky, but this is not the case when it is realized that often times the dead people the children are seeing can be proven to have lived, and often times died tragically. I say tragically because that does seem to often times have some bearing on whether a haunting occurs, although this is not necessarily the case.

Aside from seeing dead people, or spirits, it also seems that children have more of an ability to "feel" things. This can extend to just knowing that something is going to happen to someone, or whatever. What I find the most fascinating about all of these things, aside from the fact that this would prove an afterlife of some kind, is that physics has got a lot of explaining to do, since it cannot explain how people are connected in time and space. Well it does offer an explanation, but this is obviously not correct, otherwise how would these things be possible? How would someone be able to KNOW something is going to happen if the future has not been seen or played out already? It is not possible. There are many who would rather dismiss these claims than attempt to rectify the situation by looking for a solution, and I can understand this to an extent, but seriously these people lack trust in their fellow man.

With all of the accounts given over the years, do these people honestly think every single one of these people are lying or misinterpreting events? If only ONE of those people was telling the truth the skeptic's argument falls apart. Plus there are other phenomena that defy physical explanation. Our sciences really do not understand these things because they do not welcome them. They say they do not exist and do not happen, and then ignore them altogether. I think part of this is because these things are difficult to study, but there are ways it could be done. Science has a bad track record of correcting past mistakes. For instance, I believe our current system of understand quantum mechanics and Newtonian mechanics is wrong. What I mean is that science missed something long ago. The sad part is that there are many people who published contrary ideas to what became the official stance of science, but no one paid any attention to them. So the answers to many of the scientific questions that cannot be directly proven, but only proven mathematically at this point, are likely to be found in decades old papers that were published and then forgotten.

I believe our psychic intuition is like a muscle......I think many civilizations in the past knew this, and that is why from a young age they taught their children exercises to develop this muscle.

What is weird, is from the time I was about 5 years old, I would do these visualization exercises in my brain.....all the time. One I remember doing is I imagine a spinning axle......and then I'd imagine a bunch of them.....and the resolution would keep getting larger and larger, so I would train my brain to be able to "see" more and more on my mental "screen" at a time. They were always spinning the whole time, and the more I did this, the more I could see on my mental picture. This all came completely natural to me, and I would do this all the time. Weird, eh?

Anyway, like I said, I believe our psychic centers are like muscles.....just like our mind is. I think as you age, if you don't use these "muscles", then they stop working, and eventually dry up altogether.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Junkheap

you know, i didn't think of that! well, she is already up stairs, (miss you mom, happy mothers' day!) so when she does come back around, i hope she will break the cycle!

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I'm 50 years old, and I had two imaginary friends when I was little. So the notion has been around at least that long.

Mine were called Big De Nota and Little De Wata. And Little D was small enough to sit on my shoulder but Big De was too big to get into a car with me. I know because one day I had to go with my Aunt and Uncle for the summer and Big D had to be left behind and he wasn't there when I got back.

I do vaguely remember them, for the longest time I thought they were kids that lived with us when I was little, until my mother clarified it when, at some point as an adult I asked her. We used to play Time Machine together and they would take me back in time to see things. I had a horse on springs and the faster I made it rock the further back in time it would go. I always wondered, how did a 2-5 year old know about time travel? And once they told me to hide in the closet because something was outside and was going to hurt me. I ended up scaring the babysitter so badly she called the neighbors to come over and 'save us'.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Just reading thru a few of these and man it makes the hair stand up on my arm and neck

But my 5 year old has asked multiple times about the "other" Earth and he has also stated that the "other" Earth would crash into us. I am a firm believer in reincarnation and there have been multiple times I try to dig deeper into my son but it goes no where. I think at a young age you are so free that you can remember some things of a past life.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
Needless to say, I made a point of letting anything icky know it was NOT welcome here, and after that, had NO incidents at all.

Originally posted by Ploutonas
But its a scary experience, I always said.. go away go away... and it stopped (about)....

They DO leave if you tell them to. But most people don't understand this and are too scared and feel too powerless to try it, so they usually end up getting another person to do it for them.

Very true. I have heard, though, that when this happens, it doesn't always last. I actually did that in a friend's house, when this "thing" was lingering on her stairs, shoving her, and ended up scaring the baby. THAT made me very angry. Staying there a while, I ordered it out. It left, then, but she said it came back later. I can understand being scared. I lived in a house that really scared me, for a while. I don't scare so easily now. Lessons learned, in that case. These things prey on fear, though.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

My grand daughter always hid and was scared of the "full moon" - always, cried and wouldn't look at it. When she was a little older - say 4 years old, I asked her why she was afraid of the beautiful full moon - she quickly said it was because it was going to "fall" on us.

She's 10 years old - next time I see her I'll ask her about it again.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

My daughter used to be terrified of the moon, as well. She never would say why it scared her though. Now she's 15 and doesn't even remember being afraid of it.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
i remember asking my mother if i was adopted and her showing me the C section scar..
i remember it like it was yesterday..

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
My nephew recently was doing tumbles onto the couch and my brother (my nephew's dad) asked him if he learned that from "Poppy" (my late father). My dad used to be a dancer and also did gymnastics and other stuff like that.

When my brother asked him more about it, my nephew said "yeah, Poppy taught me that" and so we asked him if he told him in a dream or something and my nephew said "no, he just gave it to me when he died". If that isn't creepy, the strangest part is that they never met! My dad died in 2000 and my nephew wasn't born until 6 years later.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
OK, follow-up... to this post.

Our four-year-old son once again said something about reincarnation. (Just as a reminder, we are a Christian family and don't teach our children anything about reincarnation.)

My husband was putting our son to bed last night. Our son, like a lot of 4-year-olds, asks a LOT of questions and that includes a lot of questions about death. Probably the two topics he seems most fascinated by right now are death and space. We answer questions about death based on what we believe from the bible and also biology - depending on the nature of the question. Anyway, last night - seemingly out of the blue - our son says "Daddy, some day I'm going to die and I'm going to have to leave you."

My husband said something along the lines of "That's true that we will all die someday. But we believe that after we die we will all get to spend eternity with God. We will all be together in heaven for all eternity."

Our son thought about this for several seconds and then just shook his head and said "No, daddy. We don't spend eternity with God. We take turns being born again as babies after we die."

My husband told me this story, so I didn't hear it first hand. But my husband said last night "It's as if he (our son) as an innate sense of reincarnation."

Again, this isn't a creepy story... just an interesting one!

edit on 13-6-2013 by VegHead because: added link to previous post

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
the other day at work (i am a store clerk/cashier)

a little girl about age 4 and her mother were at the check out and she said to her mother "this man is a very nice man i can tell"

................i was taken back,....i had never seen the child or her mother in the store before.....i asked "was she talking about me?" he mother said "...i think so"

i finished checking them out and helped the mother sign up for a store card and explained the rewards system, and what not and the mother said " you were right, he is a very nice man"

that hole ordeal creeped me out a bit.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Originally posted by Kody27
reply to post by NuclearPaul

My 4 year old godson talks about his friend "John" all the time. No one in his family or friends knows a John who could have possibly come into contact with him, even though it's a common name, there are no Johns that come around. Plus even if there were, my godson talks about John as if he is only in his room and in his dreams. His mom gave him some paint and a piece of paper and then she started to paint a flower. He started his own painting with several different colors carefully placed around in a pattern. I asked him what he was drawing, he immediately said "A spirit world." I said, "Oh, how do you know what a spirit world looks like?" he said, "John showed me." We all just looked at each other funny and he continued to draw his spirit world.

Any chance of a pic? That is very interesting!

Strange, and more than a little creepy, but interesting.

I will try and take a picture of it with my iphone next time i'm over there.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Kody27

That would be great!

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join