Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Creepy things kids have said to you

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
While I don't have any kids, I myself would've been part of this thread (if it was out around the time when I was 4-8).

My parents still remind me about how I didn't have "imaginary friends", but I would be seen talking to myself. They also occasionally remind me how I ran upstairs claiming I saw a ghost (apparently I told them like it was no big deal - I still remember it vividly).

Seeing as this thread isn't about "kids grown up", I do have a kid story - funny, and yet slightly disturbing.

I do volunteer work for a local Church out here - and because I seem to get along with kids, one of my tasks is to keep them amused while their parents are looking around. This one boy, about 6 came up to me and asked "Where does that door go?" (He was pointing at a door where a generator was - a bit spooky of a place). So, in good humor, I told him that was where the monsters hid during the day.

To my amusement and amazement, he looked me in the eye, and purposed another question: "If Monsters are supposed to be there to scare me, then why are they hiding from me?". Sensing a trap, I told him that the monsters protected the church at night - to prevent people from trespassing. After a few more similar questions, the kid finally told me in a whisper "You were lying from the start - I've seen the monsters before, and none of them look like the ones you were describing".

Now, his Mom just happened to be in the other aisle, and was actually stifling a laugh. While I was pondering the fact that the kid "claimed" to see the monsters I clearly had made up - his mom told me that to get the kid over his fear of the dark, she allowed him to watch Monsters Inc.,, so he thought all "monsters" looked like that.

-fossilera

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
When my son was around three years old, we were holding a family get together at my home one afternoon.

Out of nowhere my son waved his hand across the air, took on a whispering hoarse voice, and started saying, 'The darkness... the darkness... the dddaaarrrkkknnneeessssss...' Over and over again.

It was so out of character we just all burst out laughing and were like 'What the heck was that!?' It was also more in the way he was saying it and not just the words 'the darkness' alone. It was in a really raspy voice that wasn't like him at all. It was pretty bizarre but thankfully a one-time occurrence.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
When my son was around three years old, we were holding a family get together at my home one afternoon.

Out of nowhere my son waved his hand across the air, took on a whispering hoarse voice, and started saying, 'The darkness... the darkness... the dddaaarrrkkknnneeessssss...' Over and over again.

It was so out of character we just all burst out laughing and were like 'What the heck was that!?' It was also more in the way he was saying it and not just the words 'the darkness' alone. It was in a really raspy voice that wasn't like him at all. It was pretty bizarre but thankfully a one-time occurrence.

That's bizarre! Is there any chance at all he picked something up from a movie? Even hearing a similar line from another room could be enough. Did anyone ask him about it?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by fossilera

That's classic! Everyone here is laughing. Wow....that had to be a freaky few seconds!

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TAVG09
the other day at work (i am a store clerk/cashier)

a little girl about age 4 and her mother were at the check out and she said to her mother "this man is a very nice man i can tell"

................i was taken back,....i had never seen the child or her mother in the store before.....i asked "was she talking about me?" he mother said "...i think so"

i finished checking them out and helped the mother sign up for a store card and explained the rewards system, and what not and the mother said " you were right, he is a very nice man"

that hole ordeal creeped me out a bit.

Why would it creep you out? Some people, kids included, are simply very perceptive. Seems this kid was one of those.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
Needless to say, I made a point of letting anything icky know it was NOT welcome here, and after that, had NO incidents at all.

Originally posted by Ploutonas
But its a scary experience, I always said.. go away go away... and it stopped (about)....

They DO leave if you tell them to. But most people don't understand this and are too scared and feel too powerless to try it, so they usually end up getting another person to do it for them.

This is very true. In this case, I am certain she tried, with no good results, so she asked for my help. I have had enough life experience to know we don't have to be afraid of them, which some don't have, so I didn't mind helping there at all!

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Hearing it from a movie would be my guess although I don't know what movie/show it would be. I don't remember if any of us asked him why he said/did that. The only part of our reaction I recall for sure was us busting out laughing at the sudden and random nature of him doing that. lol

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness123

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
Having had paranormal experiences myself, and having heard many stories over the years from family members and people I trust completely, I am convinced these things exist. With that said, when I was younger I saw a person that no one else could see, and I have heard similar things within my own family with other small children. Plus this seems to be reported by people around the world. It is my opinion that children are more "in tune" or apt to see things like this mainly because they have not been told these things do not exist. That is sort of a poor reason, but it may be part of what is going on.

The spirits that talk to children are mostly of the evil variety, why I do not know. But I would say to start with children are easier prey, they are occupying a space where they lack the total consciousness that's developed in later childhood, and the demons are concerned with building a relationship with certain children that they later hope to lead into pursuing black magic.

If you ask me about good spirits, that I don't know. I would say that not all voices (hallucinations) are bad, but it is the bad ones that lead people to seek or receive treatment. Also, the media reports bad stories. For angels and that sort of thing, I wish I did know but I do not.

I believe you are correct. Children are more trusting, and, in some cases, less able to discern that someone, or something, is evil. Not all kids, mind you, but many! I would guess, with angels, that people who encounter them don't see them as anything out of the ordinary, most times. There are reports, though, of angels saving people, and I do believe they are around, and guard us at times. Had enough experience myself to believe that. Servants of God, doing His will.

Originally posted by CPGAMBLA
At our previous home alot of unexplained things happened. One day while i was at work my wife called me freaking out. She said our 3 year old daughter was playing in her room alone and when she went to check on her she was drawing a picture of a girl in a dress with no legs. She asked her who it was and my daughter gave her a name (i cant remember right off) of the girl and said that she comes to play with her during the day. My wife asks her why she doesnt have legs and she replies that its because she got ran over by a car when she died. She said it scares her when she shows up in her room but that she is really nice and just wants to play.

I don't blame your wife! I would, seriously, do something to stop that. Dead people simply don't wander around, but evil things can masquerade as a dead person, to fool people in to accepting them. She is right to be scared. Order this thing from your house.

Originally posted by LewsTherinThelamon
So, my stepdaughter definitely had past-life memories.

We'll say, for the sake of anonymity, that my girlfriend's name is Susan and my stepdaughter's name is Sarah.

So, Sarah was about three, and Susan was drinking a 20 ounce Coke one day. The coke slipped from her hand and fell to the ground--of course, being made of plastic, the bottle just bounced off the concrete.

Sarah tells her Mother that, "When I was your mom that Coke bottle would have shattered because they were only made of glass back then."

And proceeds to tell my girlfriend that, back in those days women only wore dresses, and all coke came in glass bottles.

Both of those statements are, of course, true. There's no way a three year old knows that.

That is a bit odd, but it is very possible that the child simply heard adults talking about such things, and spoke of them in a way that wasn't entirely clear. Kids get mixed up, so a statement like that doesn't indicate reincarnation. My parents and other family members talked a lot about how different things were when they were kids, and I do the same now. I would bet, if you ask her where she learned that, she could probably tell you.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

*snip*

I heard the little baby speaking to me!!! I couldn't recognize the language, but she ended up with the word "purfavor", I am greek... I moved into the room that everybody gathers and I told them what happened, but nobody believed me (she couldn't even say the basics, thats why... not even dada!!!). I start parroting the last word Ive heard "purfavor, purfavor" and they asked if I start learning Spanish or something... I told them, the baby told me that, but again nobody believed me!..

a question of mine... spanish talking people, always end up with the word "purfavor" if they need to ask u a favor? She ended up the phrase with that word. it was a big phrase, a whole sentence... but that word was very easy for me to parrot.

The word is probably "por favor" (emplasis on the second syllable), which means "please" in Spanish. VERY odd, to hear that from a baby! odder that it isn't the language the child is likely to be learning!

I have one more for today and its very creepy, personal experience... My step mother once was pregnant.. She was in the 8th-9th month, she was ready to move into the hospital and born her child... One night, I saw a dream, I saw me swimming in a dark pool. I couldnt see the walls (didnt knew were I am), just dark above my head and only water!!.. I saw a little baby, dark hair, boy... and the boy grabbed me and he said " my brother I love u, dont let me go, help me ". Then something happened and the water we were swimming, start taking the form of a tornado (u know when u remove the tap from ur bathroom and the waters starts creating a kind of tornado, sucking down all the water)... we both sucked into a hole... and I remember this dark hair (black) little baby boy, crying and screaming at me.. " hold me" ... I couldnt because I was trying to breath!!... I woke up
The step mother was not at home... After 5 days she returned and everybody was crying... they said the baby (boy and dark hair), was drown inside her after a kind of complication... I was 8 to 10 y old at that time...

As u can see, there is no any imaginary friends.. U just react in 2 worlds... thats it.
edit on 30-4-2013 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

Dreams can foretell things, I believe. My mother had such dreams, every time a family member or close friend was close to having a baby. She would dream the sex, weight, height, eye and hair color, with 100% accuracy, every time. This was before ultrasounds were common, too. I had a dream, a nightmare, shortly before my grandmother died, which happened when I was in the first grade(about six years old). Sounds like yours was a similar sort of thing. We do have a spiritual aspect to our lives, and some could simply be more perceptive about it than others.

Originally posted by sugarmonkey
reply to post by NuclearPaul

I do not have any children, but I can relate something my mother use to tell me that creeped her out.

When I was little, I used to have a lot of nightmares. Well, one night, I was having a nightmare and calling out for my mom. She said she came into my room and was comforting me saying, "it's ok baby, mommy is here". She told me that I opened my eyes, looked at her straight into hers and said, "but I want my other mommy". She said I gave her the heebie jeebies because I said it so seriously, then I rolled over and went back to sleep.
x

I don't blame your mom! That would, as a parent, freak me out, too! I would guess you recall nothing of this?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimsongod21
While at this point my daughter isnt able to speak and i can only guess at what she is staring at, if she is anything like me my wife and myself are in for a wild ride.

I vividly remember seeing things as a child that were not there. I remember being in the bath tub at my parents house, a house that belonged to my long dead great grand father i never met or even had seen pictures of. telling my mother that there was a tall man walking around the house and being very freaked out as it was some one i did not recognize. This obviously upset my mother that some one was in our house, she checked the house and couldn't find any one when i described the person i saw from what i am told anyway i described my Great grandpa to a T down to aprox. height and his oddly large ears. I remember seeing this man at least 4 times in that house before it burnt down when i was 5 years old.
*snip*

I have a cousin that saw a "ghost" when he was a kid. No one anyone knew, and no indication this was a "dead person", but something. When really small, he asked my aunt who the man was in the living room. All doors locked, and no one supposed to be there, so she freaked out. When she checked, though, there was no one, and all was secure. He reported seeing a man in old-fashioned clothing other times. Weird stuff happened there. Someone not seen, when all in the home were in other rooms or outside (audible in both cases), moved my sister's hair. Someone not seen sat on a bed next to me. The passage through the laundry room to the bathroom was strange, too. Sometimes, passing through, it would feel like someone brushed past, and no, this was NOT people bumping into stuff.

My mother had cousins that lived in a haunted house. All sorts of ghostly things happened - sightings of people, and even a dog once, screams, things flying around an attic room, etc. The house was investigated (after they moved, if I recall correctly), and they found no cause, and the place burned down after they left the house.

Originally posted by WhiteAlice
*snip*

I already stated that the story about my daughter and the orange haired girl but I actually have a better story to make a case for this idea. We were driving down the main strip in Farmington, NM when she started screaming and crying frantically about a "truck!!! trrrrrrrrrrruck!!! big truck!!! big truck!!!". She was about 4 years old at the time and we could not get her to calm down. There was nothing on the road in the area that would have caused her to react like that. So, her dad continued to drive the road while she kept screaming about a big truck and after a 1/2 mile had passed, we came to an intersection where a semi had plowed into a passenger car not a minute prior. There weren't even emergency vehicles on the scene yet. She quieted down immediately and we were left pretty baffled and spent the whole way home trying to analyze what had occurred to no avail. She's never done anything like that since.

Kids know things sometimes! Mine, around 6-7 years old, once literally told me to, "Get off the interstate!" She NEVER did such things, and, a bit startled, I took the exit. We actually saw a wreck happen, that we would have been in that involved a semi and several other vehicles.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krazysh0t
*snip*
As far as stories go I don't have a creepy child story, but I do know that when I was deployed in Iraq in 2005, my mom would tell my dad that they needed to be ready to wake up that night because I was going to call home later that night (you know time differences and all). She was right every single time. Keep in mind that I called rather infrequently and could go a few weeks without calling and it would be near impossible to predict this kind of thing.

That's not all that uncommon. I have myself known at times someone was calling, and known people that knew beforehand.

Originally posted by Indigo5
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Yes. I just remembered when we were growing up, the family used to tease my sister about being psychic. Whenever my mom or dad would lose something they would ask her where it was...Car Keys, Purse, Clothes etc.
*snip*

My oldest was always good at finding things. Still is, to some degree. Not going right to them, as you describe, but having a far better idea where to look.

Originally posted by CPGAMBLA
reply to post by TWILITE22

This reminds me of the time i had just put my 4 year old to bed. I layed her down in her bed, kissed her goodnight, walked to the door and turned around to see her roll over to go to sleep. i walk through the doorway and close the door and as soon as i close the door i hear the same blood curldling scream you described. Theres nothing like that scream btw. So i immediately open the door to see her standing all the way across the room in the corner staring up in the corner and screaming her lungs out. How she got all the way across the room in 2 or 3 seconds i do not know. But it scared the crap out of me. I picked her up and she was sweating profusely and looking into my eyes still screaming but it was like she was looking through me because she was fighting me trying to get away. After about 30 min of calming her down she finally goes to sleep and doesnt remember anything about it after that.

That is bizarre! The most logical thing to think (though freaky) is that something/one moved her, and it scared her!

Originally posted by Nuke2013
My son came up to me when he was about 4 and said " Daddy, I'm sorry for beating you when you were a baby! "

To add to the weird part, my dad used to beat the living snot out of me my whole life till I turned 18. My father as not died though so I'm kind of puzzled !

I suspect that things like this are more likely some entity telling people things that the entity knows, but the person couldn't, on their own.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

Hearing it from a movie would be my guess although I don't know what movie/show it would be. I don't remember if any of us asked him why he said/did that. The only part of our reaction I recall for sure was us busting out laughing at the sudden and random nature of him doing that. lol

That seems like a possibility, but not the only one. Either way, pretty weird, and yes, a bit funny, too! Kids say bizarre things!

My younger son (eleven years old) said something that wasn't really "creepy" per se, but was a bit odd, and very funny. For some reason we can't recall (due to the comment), my husband was saying something about what was in his pants. I think he was talking of changing, from working on the car. I said I already knew what was in his pants, so it didn't matter if he changed in the room. So, my son chimes in with, "There's nothing in your pants!" I said, wondering where this was going, "Don't you think he has boy parts like you do?", knowing full well that he does know this. My husband agrees with me. Then, my son responds that there is nothing there, because, as he said, "I put a gremlim in your pants, and it ate them!", then totally cracks up laughing. We were rolling! This is a kid that likes drawing "monsters" as a pastime, and has a very vivid imagination. If he'd been younger, I would have wondered, but at this stage, it was a joke.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Okay this seriously the wrong thread to read on my way to sleep kinda creepy.....but still fascinating.

My daughter makes imaginary tea for her imaginary friend sometimes and she talks a lot during tea time but she's not said anything really creepy.

My mom sad when I was three and she was putting me to bed I said "I'm going to see Jesus now". She said it scared her enough to hold me the whole night and make sure I was okay. I have no memory of that.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
One day we had my middle brother at the store sitting in the kid's portion of the baby buggie and spouted out something about Ben (I dont remember exactly what bc it was awhile ago). Ben was our great grandfather who had passed away before I was even born (and I'm 10 years older than my brother) and there had been no real talk about him in the home. My mom asked him what and he said "you know Ben, the guy I am named after. I like that guy." He also used to have an imaginary friend named Hiccup that didn't like his family. Luckily, my mom told Hiccup to hit the road and he did.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   

It was creepy for a couple seconds, because my brain was still processing what he just said. It made sense after his mom told me.

Part of what still makes me wonder is the smug look on that kid's face as he told me I was lying - It was almost as if he "knew" what I was saying was false from the start, and was just asking the questions to see if I would get caught. The sad part is I ultimately got trolled by a little kid.

Nothing really came that close after that - I mean, a friends younger sister said she wanted to grow up to be a prostitute (we think she meant prosecutor or police officer, as her description didn't match the title), but even that was more humorous than creepy.

-fossilera

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Originally posted by TAVG09
the other day at work (i am a store clerk/cashier)

a little girl about age 4 and her mother were at the check out and she said to her mother "this man is a very nice man i can tell"

................i was taken back,....i had never seen the child or her mother in the store before.....i asked "was she talking about me?" he mother said "...i think so"

i finished checking them out and helped the mother sign up for a store card and explained the rewards system, and what not and the mother said " you were right, he is a very nice man"

that hole ordeal creeped me out a bit.

Why would it creep you out? Some people, kids included, are simply very perceptive. Seems this kid was one of those.

i didnt expect it, she said it kinda creepy too lmao
was just odd

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
There are a lot of stories my parents tell about me when I was a child- invisible people I used to see and talk to, poltergeist- type of activity around me... but I don't remember any of it myself so I won't undertake telling them.

But my son, when he was two, was rambling on one afternoon, while I was gardening, about the beings that come get him sometimes, in their flying car. He pointed to a spot in the garden and said they land there, and they take him up, up, up into the sky. He said, "They made us. They cut little eggs, and put in information."

He'd been talking about these beings for a while, and one day he saw an image in the tv guide of a "grey" type of alien and started yelling that it was them.

I had had experiences of similar type, that I was not talking about to anyone, because I assumed they were dreams, or I was having some sort of psychological disturbance. But having him share similar stuff really freaked me out.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
So I've spent much of my afternoon reading the posts here and I thought you might be interested in some of the things I've encountered.
When I was little I had an imaginary friend named Buttis. Everyone made fun of me for being a little girl and not naming my imaginary friend twilight sprinkles or something "girly". At 3 years old, we moved and I remember the night before we moved, asking my mom if Buttis was coming with us. She said yes of course. So I remember looking at him and asking if he'd come with us and him agreeing. At about 22 yo I looked it up. Our old house was on property where a Joseph Buttis had lived in the 1800's.
We moved into a house that always had a "bad feeling" for me. (I should mention that the house is right off of the infomous Riverdale Rd) Eventually my parents moved out and I rented the house from them. I was pregnant at the time and had been placed on bedrest. I would stay upstairs in bed all day watching tv. On several occassions i would hear the tv downstairs turn on very loud and mute my tv. Every time I did this it would turn off, a couple of minutes after I would Unmute the upstairs tv, downstairs would turn on again. I started to think it was my remote so I got up and pushed the button on the tv itself and it still happened. I got so irritated that I finally yelled down the stairs for "them" to knock it off and it didn't happen again.
A few years later I moved out and the house was being renovated. Carpet pulled out and whatnot.My brother and I visited to help frequently with renovations until he walked in once and saw a dog like creature at the top of the stairs with yellow eyes that snarled at him. A family friend began doing the renovations and when she removed the carpet from the master bedroom where I had been on bedrest, she found a drawing in red, under where my bed had been. It was a drawing of a bed with demons reaching up to the bed. She took pictures to show us, but quickly erased them as she "didn't want their energy in her camera".
There were a great deal of other crazy things that happened in that house that terrified us, but it's a huge long tale. Mostly scratching noises on the walls, lights turning on and off, animals barking or meowing at the fireplace for hours on end. From what I have heard, the house has been sold at least 4 times in the past 8 years.
Flash forward a couple of years...
My daughter (then about 4) was in the back of my car and looking up talking to someone. I asked who she was talking to and she said aunt crystal...I had never told her about my best friend that had been murdered. I asked what they were talking about and she said that aunt crystal wanted to tell me she loved me. I had to pull over bc I burst into tears.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: VegHead

A similar thing was here. When I was around two years old, I was asked by my mother where I was before I was born and I replied I was on a place with angels and humans. I said they looked the same and she asked how I would differentiate them then, I replied the angels are white and the humans are red.

Also, when I was older I told my mother about a monster. She then expelled the monster.

At both things I have no memory. Probably it is better that way. But the first thing always served me as a proof that there is more to life than the physical world, and eventually I found the answers to all the questions, but that would be a different story.

Yes, I am sure children have memories and see things: two abilities that they usually lose later.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: NuclearPaul
My oldest daughter was maybe 4 or 5 and she said to me one day "mommy do you remember when I was big and you were small?' I said "no I don't, why?" and she said "well I was your mommy and I want to say" then she paused and said "well I did something bad to you." I tried to press her but she would not say anything else.

My youngest daughter said one day "Mommy do you remember telling me how to get home when we went fishing? because I'd forget how to get home?" I turned pale white because my daughter didn't ever go fishing up to that point in time, but my grandfather had Alzheimer's and when we'd go fishing and crabbing he'd get lost I always told him how to get to the river and back to his house. I loved going with my grandpop, we were very close. I just can't wrap my head around my very girly (well not really, lol) daughter being a reincarnation of my tough as nails ex frogmen WWII serviceman grandpop, reincarnating as a girl, lol. it's quite odd to me, but I am sure it's him. She even asked who had the purple heart, I told her Phil my brother has it, and she said good, I'm happy with that. WHOA!!!! Weird thing is that I am close with her but there are irritating things she does that I could never imagine the person she was before ever doing, it's probably pay back for annoying him when I was little. Lol.

edit on 2014/5/29 by ldyserenity because: sentence fix

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join

Help ATS Recover with your Donation.
read more: Help ATS Recover With Your Contribution