It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creepy things kids have said to you

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+45 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I came across this article on my local MSM news site that I think a lot of people here will be interested in.

Parents share 'creepiest' things children say

The source the article refers to is full of hundreds of "creepy" things young children have said to them. The majority of the experiences involve two main things:

1. Children talking about "imaginary friends" that the adults know or discover to be a deceased person.

2. Children talking about their past lives.

I found it incredibly interesting and thought I'd share it here. I was expecting the "imaginary friends" but never thought there would be so many with the past lives. The main reason the parents (or adults) found these experiences creepy is because they know the young child is talking about something they had no prior knowledge about.

So enjoy the read, and by all means, post any similar experiences you have had yourself.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Having had paranormal experiences myself, and having heard many stories over the years from family members and people I trust completely, I am convinced these things exist. With that said, when I was younger I saw a person that no one else could see, and I have heard similar things within my own family with other small children. Plus this seems to be reported by people around the world. It is my opinion that children are more "in tune" or apt to see things like this mainly because they have not been told these things do not exist. That is sort of a poor reason, but it may be part of what is going on.

I am convinced however that it has something to do with the brain, obviously. I think that these events show that our brains are somehow connected to some sort of spirit world, or afterlife, and only after we begin to grow up and our brain chemistry changes do we stop seeing these things. Well not all children can see these things, but there are still many adults who can as well. Some people can even turn the ability on and off. And I would be the first person to say that this is just the brain doing something wonky, but this is not the case when it is realized that often times the dead people the children are seeing can be proven to have lived, and often times died tragically. I say tragically because that does seem to often times have some bearing on whether a haunting occurs, although this is not necessarily the case.

Aside from seeing dead people, or spirits, it also seems that children have more of an ability to "feel" things. This can extend to just knowing that something is going to happen to someone, or whatever. What I find the most fascinating about all of these things, aside from the fact that this would prove an afterlife of some kind, is that physics has got a lot of explaining to do, since it cannot explain how people are connected in time and space. Well it does offer an explanation, but this is obviously not correct, otherwise how would these things be possible? How would someone be able to KNOW something is going to happen if the future has not been seen or played out already? It is not possible. There are many who would rather dismiss these claims than attempt to rectify the situation by looking for a solution, and I can understand this to an extent, but seriously these people lack trust in their fellow man.

With all of the accounts given over the years, do these people honestly think every single one of these people are lying or misinterpreting events? If only ONE of those people was telling the truth the skeptic's argument falls apart. Plus there are other phenomena that defy physical explanation. Our sciences really do not understand these things because they do not welcome them. They say they do not exist and do not happen, and then ignore them altogether. I think part of this is because these things are difficult to study, but there are ways it could be done. Science has a bad track record of correcting past mistakes. For instance, I believe our current system of understand quantum mechanics and Newtonian mechanics is wrong. What I mean is that science missed something long ago. The sad part is that there are many people who published contrary ideas to what became the official stance of science, but no one paid any attention to them. So the answers to many of the scientific questions that cannot be directly proven, but only proven mathematically at this point, are likely to be found in decades old papers that were published and then forgotten.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

My neice,when she could just about talk at 2 years of age used to tell her parents and me that there was a little African child,with a "brown face"looking over her shoulder when she looking in the mirror.
She had a name,"Ponjom," and would smile at my neice...

Thing was-we never worked out where she had picked up the world "african"at 2 years of age,as she didn't watch TV,and had never met an African child to deduce their skin tone.

Ponjom went away by the time my neice was 3,and now she hardly remembers her at all.

Very,very strange-but didn't seem to scare my neice at all.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
only a couple of things my kids have said to me:

1. when my Daughter spilt her breaky at the age of about 3 years of age, she started to clean it up and said, "doesn't matter, I can come back next life"

2. I enrolled both of kids into a catholic school, my Daughter was in the church for the eucharist stuff and my Son was only 5 and we were sitting in the pews waiting for the 'initiation to be finished' .. well my Son was getting angry and tutting and puffing so loud others were looking at us, well he finally cracked it and yelled out in front of everyone... "Jesus is DEAD"... I quickly removed him and left the church to wait out in the foyer and all the way out, he was really angry muttering "they are supposed to be doing, not talking"

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
My daughter at age 8 said to me...

'If theres something you don't know, and you dont know you dont know it - doesnt that mean that nothing is everything that needs to be learned?'

She's in the 'God is everything and only thing exists' attitude at the moment.... 9 yrs old.

She said a few weeks ago 'Im going to be born again in the past if i can pick it - to make sure that mummy can be born'... errrrrr

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
My son once asked me,

"Mommy, does the dead man in the basement scare you?"

I was flabbergasted. Our house is only two years old, and he was about four at the time. I asked him why he thought there was a dead man in the basement and he just shrugged.

Then he told me, "Don't worry. The dead man only wants to play Nintendo. He won't hurt us."

Now what do you say to that?

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Mine told me at the age of 5 that she remembered me throwing her through the window like a football when she was a baby?? What makes it more creepy is that she said it in front of the preschool teacher.
I was looking for CPS to swoop in my front door for more than a few days. I have no idea where she got that from and she doesn't remember saying it (she is 15 now).

Kids have a creepy factor even when some things are normal. Look at all the horror movies that just get started when they "Bring The Child Home".... that is no coincidence.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   

I just read the link and I must say some of that is high creepiness.Some of it was humorous and one or two almost made me laugh.Thanks for the article and link.Wish I had something to contribute,other than crazy dreams that my kids have had. oh yeah S and F for you!

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
My son once asked me,

"Mommy, does the dead man in the basement scare you?"

Then he told me, "Don't worry. The dead man only wants to play Nintendo. He won't hurt us."

Now what do you say to that?

Break out the original Mortal Combat and let him win?

+19 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
My college roommate and her kids came to visit me - kids had never been here before. The kiddos are playing, we're drinking wine and gossiping. The youngest, 4 year old girl, asks me who the grandmother is. I assumed she was talking about the photos above the fireplace, so I pointed out who everyone was. "No," she said, "the grandmother." I pointed to pictures of my grandmother on the mantle.

"No, not there, THERE" She pointed into the dining room. "She's sitting at the table."

Ummmmm! My friend and I shot glances at each other and tried to get more out of her but she just shrugged and went back to playing.

FYI, where she was pointing was my grandmother's spot at the dining room table in my grandmother's house. She's been dead for 17 years. Kind of nice to know she's still around though.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

no idea but that is scarey.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   

User 'Abluesxs' said she asked her son: "What's the best way to get a girlfriend?" The response: "Tell her to be my girlfriend or she'll never see her parents again."

I lol'd. Little guy is a supreme troll in the making.

+21 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
This brings a tear to my eye to this day.
My Nanny, what we all called her, was a very, very special person to me. I can't begin to tell you how much she meant. Growing up, she was the person I went to for comfort. When my daughter was about 4, she saw a picture of her at my Moms. There are very few, because they were dirt poor and couldn't afford a camera and my Mom keeps them in an album. My daughter pointed to that and said "Nanny". I thought she had said Granny, because that's what they call my mom and told her "No honey, that's not Granny." She shook her head no and very plainly said again "Nanny". Then she said, "That lady was at our house, she sing to me". My Nanny was always singing or humming a church hymn and she would sing to us when she rocked us. Just like some people habitually whistle, not even aware they're doing it, my Nanny sang. Probably should add, my Nanny died in 1982 - My daughter was born in 2000.
edit on 29-4-2013 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a 6 yr old girl living near where i used to live when i was younger, it was small town houses type of area. Anyway this girl fell from 12 step stairs and was in hospital, we went to visit her, when all of us asked what happened..

she said "the old man with no eyes pushed me down"....

Our parents discussed it and kept the kids out of the loop, but 3-4 yrs after we learned the truth...we learned that an old lonely, mean guy who used to live in the same house died a very sad, unnatural death 10 yrs ago, he was blind.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Ok, that's creepy.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Great thread, S&F!
Am in public transport and almost at stop.
Just posting now to find it later.

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

In 2006, my then 3 year old son, looked me straight in the eyes and said: "696, he will come"

It was kind of creepy how he said it and to this day he can't remember saying it.

Weirdest thing is, September 6 2006 his brother was born (06-09-'06)

Probably coincidence but I have always found it pretty weird.

Peace

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Have you guys ever seen babies looking at "empty" spaces and talking and laughing... ?

it still makes my hair rise....the reason my grandma gave me when i was younger...

"oh she probably looking and talking to all the dead relatives".

When i used to baby sit my niece, i was 12 yrs old, alone in our house. She would just look at wall and laugh... i get freaked out...

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
When my oldest daughter was 5, we moved into a house that was right across the street from an old cemetery. When we first moved in, we didn't have my son's bedroom set up, so he shared a room with my daughter for a little while.

One night, at around 1 or 2 a.m., I woke to have my daughter hovering over me, which just about gave me a heart attack in itself, lol. She said, "mommy, I just saw eyes staring at me from under bubbies bed." I told her she probably had a bad dream and to go back to bed. It wasn't long after that until all hell broke loose. Lights went on and off by themselves, I saw something fall out of the ceiling from the floor once and then disappear, I heard disembodied screams... all kinds of craziness. It all started with my daughter seeing those eyes.

My youngest daughter was two at the time and I would catch her talking and trying to share her toys with someone I couldn't see. One day, she was in her playpen in my bedroom and started waving at someone and telling them bye. She looked out the window, towards the cemetery and kept waving.

My youngest daughter also used to tell me about when she was big and I was her daughter. The odd thing about it was that almost from the time I found out I was pregnant with her, I felt like I knew her. I knew what her personality would be like and that she would be completely different than my other children. I've always felt an odd connection to her that I've never felt with anyone else. There were times that I would be thinking about something quietly and she would just blurt out exactly what I was thinking. Blew my mind.

When my son was little, we wouldn't let him see or play with any kind of toy gun and didn't let him watch any shows with guns on tv. We wanted to keep him away from them completely, yet from the time he was one, he was always making a gun with his hand and pretending to shoot things. It wasn't long before he was pretending just about any object he could pick up was a gun. We were confused because we had no idea how he even knew what a gun was or how it worked. Now he's almost 18 and a hardcore Civil War reenactor and actually believes that he was alive during the war. I tend to believe him.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

That reminds me of once when I was babysitting my niece when she was a toddler. I was changing her diaper and she looked straight up at the ceiling and started smiling and waving and said "hello!" I asked her who she was talking to and she said she was talking to the face that was smiling at her from the ceiling.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join