It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is my property you have no right to park you car here

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Hey ATS

I have this appartment in a medium sized city in the Netherlands , with it i have bough a parking spot on a closed property , the parking lot costed me 10.000 eu but i am the owner and have the Ownership Deed.

Now a lot of people put their car there when i am gone , to work or anything so when i come home i cannot park my car on my own spot.

Now you must think why you care , get over it , but that is not my personality , i will not park my car on some one elses property and get a conflict with my fellow resident because i am parking on his/her place , because some one is visiting his friends or family is using my spot.

So Saturday i blocked in this persons vehicle , just to make a statement , but i would remove the car as soon as i would them see coming out of the complex , they only had to wait for a minute for me to get the keys and get downstairs.

So when i got out and went to the persons ( 3 woman ) who immediatly started to call bad names , are you crazy?? di#%k all that stuff .

I didnt responce to anything , the only line i said was : this is my F#%cking property , remove the vehicle now.

For me it is not about double crossing people , or stabbin them in the back they just have to realise that every single parking lot in this complex is payed and owned by a person who lives here , if you cant respect that who says i cant defend what is mine.

next to the complex is a parking lot and a store with about 50 parking spots , but with the car i drive and the neighboorhood i live in if i would do that i would notice the next morning that my window would be smashed up and all the equipment stolen from it.

What do you think ATS ?? did i do the right thing by blocking them in , or was it maybe a bit drastic ??
it wasnt the first time this had happend.

TheGreazel
edit on 29-4-2013 by TheGreazel because: pure noobin

edit on 29-4-2013 by TheGreazel because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-4-2013 by TheGreazel because: Nom nom nom nom

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Leave them a note on their car and threaten to have said car towed.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
Leave them a note on their car and threaten to have said car towed.

You could stick the note to the window with a baseball bat or a brick for example?

On a more serious note :Sometimes just plain diplomacy is the best resort

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
get some removable steel bollards that are lockable and get them set up so no one can get in and job done and if you put them back up when you park your car you make it less likely to be stolen

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Can you install one of those slide down posts?

Or just cone it off and see if that helps.

If all else fails, purchase a wheel clamp and make them pay!

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
get some removable steel bollards that are lockable and get them set up so no one can get in and job done and if you put them back up when you park your car you make it less likely to be stolen

That is an extremely good idea, many tend to do that over here in the cities in France, at least you are sure that whenever you come home your space is available (unless someone parks in front of the bollard that is!)

I'm so glad that i live slap bang in the middle of the countryside!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Leave a shopping trolley in the spot when your not there.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Good work friend. It is your spot you paid for it. Maybe you can buy a no parking sign to post there.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
just let down their tyres

easy fixed or even throw some tacks out the front.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Apply some grease under the car door handle. :p

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish

When i was younger certain kids used to play nasty tricks like putting other substances under the handles such as dog poo or superglue. (not very intelligent i know but you know what some kids are like!)

A no parking sign also works too.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGreazel

What is the chances you could get a wheel clamp and a sign warning it's private property? then again that might be tricky if it is just a parking spot you own.

Maybe it would be worth getting something like this :

removable bollards

It shouldn't be too much hassle to get one fitted and it's probably the best way to go about handling this, though personally I'd clamp the ignorant so and so's
I suppose you also hold the right to get any vehicle on that spot towed away too doing that though could well end up causing some kind of conflict.

Good luck and I hope you can use your parking spot in peace soon

P.S.
The way you handled that situation was good in my opinion, you could have been in for a wait though which will have been the initial shock those 3 women felt. Might be why they reacted like they did, they should have been grateful though you could have easily made them wait.
edit on 29-4-2013 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
there are already some good replies here, and while many of us in the same situation would like to smash windows, leave dog turds in the radiator, superglue the locks, remove the tyres and sell them to cover rental of the space and so forth, it just invites retribution... not a good idea, especially if one has kids, a partner and so forth. as a younger man i would have been cruelly creative with the solution but now i have to think of others if dealing with such issues.
so, aside from whats already been said by other posters, investigate clamping and towing companies who cover their cost via fines to the perpetrator to get their vehicle back, and advertise this in a sign by the space. once a few folk see someone's car clamped in your space or being towed, the message should get through.
you are right to be annoyed

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Put up a sign stating that unauthorized cars will be towed (list a company name and phone number) at the owner's expense, as well as being assessed a $100 eu parking fine. You'll then have no difficulty with someone being in your paid for spot.
edit on 29-4-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Be there when they come to drive away, jumping up and down on the roof yelling "The duivel made me do it the duivel made me do it!" and then stop and stare at them with drool and snot coming out of your face.

If they continue to park there, they deserve it.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
Be there when they come to drive away, jumping up and down on the roof yelling "The duivel made me do it the duivel made me do it!" and then stop and stare at them with drool and snot coming out of your face.

If they continue to park there, they deserve it.

Thank you for probably making me have to go back to the computer repair shop tomorrow to clean out all the droplets of coffee from underneath the keys...

That was highly hilarious

Warmest respects

Rodinus

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
thanks for your replies people.
2th line.

TheGreazel.

new topics

top topics

join