Powerful blast causes injuries in Prague

page: 1

join

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
PRAGUE (AP) — Police say a powerful explosion has damaged a building in the center of the Czech capital, Prague, and they believe some people are buried in the rubble.

Police spokesman Tomas Hulan says it is not immediately clear what caused the blast in Divadelni Street on Monday morning.

The street is covered with rubble and has been sealed off by police.

Jirina Ernestova, spokeswoman for the rescue service says rescuers expect some people are buried under the rubble. Firefighters spokeswoman Pavlina Adamcova says at least 13 people have been injured.

bigstory.ap.org...-context=article/state-tv-syrian-premier-escapes-bomb-attack

A powerful explosion in the centre of Prague has injured at least 13 people and left others buried under rubble, police say. Spokesman Tomas Hulan said it is not immediately clear what caused the blast in Divadelni Street on Monday morning. The street is covered with rubble from a damaged building and has been sealed off by police. Windows in buildings located hundreds of metres from the blast were shattered, including some in the nearby National Theatre. More follows ...

news.sky.com...

---------------------------------------------

-trying to find a pic that was up. Talk about "the month of explosions!" Hope it's not as bad as it sounds..

edit on 29-4-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
hisz.rsoe.hu...

I just saw it posted on Face Book. I hope the link is active. Geez...I am becoming overwhelmed. Things are moving so quickly...
edit on 29-4-2013 by missvicky because: spelling

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by missvicky

pics coming in now

edit on 29-4-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   
yes I agree... too many explosions lately

and collapsing buildings

hope everyone there is safe

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

Yeesh! Hope those people are okay.. I am grateful my sister doesn't work in Prague.
Lots of explosions in the news lately

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
any updates on this?

I read earlier possible cause was gas leak?
aljazeera
edit on 29-4-2013 by Thurisaz because: add link

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

A large explosion Monday at a film and TV school building in the Czech capital Prague injured at least 55 people, city fire officials said. Officials did not immediately say what caused it, although state-run Czech TV reported that it was believed to be a gas explosion. The blast took place in the center of the city. It caused the first floor of the damaged building to collapse. Buildings on neighboring streets had their windows blown out.

Source

Sending thoughts and prayers to all involved.

edit on 29-4-2013 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

top topics

join

Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum