It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am extremely reluctant to post this. Specifically wondering if anyone else has seen this.

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarwinVsJesus

Originally posted by CornShucker

Originally posted by Raud
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

In the T&C it is expressed that posts should be on-topic to avoid drifting away from the thread's purpouse.
To believe in Jesus or not isn't the topic at hand, thus the thread is being flooded with an irrelevant discussion which in turn might cause further harm to the OP's personal status.
I wish that mods could pay more attention to this. The thread could easily be cut by 50%

Short possible OT question:-snip-

It would be absolutely fair if it cut references to jesus. I have repeatedly asked for this. I stated my beliefs to be honest and I didn't expect so much goddamn ignorance about them. I'm just stunned at this. Being told I don't have the truth.

I am very thankful so many people added their thoughts. I did, however, repeatedly ask to stop having people tell me about jesus. I then provided several *personal, private, and difficult* stories to explain why.

The reason I don't like hearing them is because I feel *judged*. I don't like it.

Understood & point taken. Nobody likes being "preached at", including me. As I've said, I left the church and don't find it necessary for me personally.

As a musician with 28 years under my belt I've lost friends to every drug there is. Any man that can beat the things you've overcome has my respect.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
you said, "why create a #ty place for us to live?"
i think this song sums it up. is that glass half empty or half full?

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Raud

Some people think they are the unelected czars around here. This just reminds me of Barney Frank buffing his nails, even after he was exposed as having taken money from Fannie/Freddie while watching it burn. He thought he was untouchable. But then he did retire after that.

I could sit here and discuss all the various dreams I've had, and in fact I did discuss several of my experiences, and I chose to show how to banish dark spirits. Anyone taking offense to that shows what they are made of.

At least I take my own advice anyway. I never made any suggestions I didn't practice first.

By the way, why can the OP quote the Satanic Bible but I cannot? What is going on around here?
edit on 4-5-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DarwinVsJesus

We don't have free will, if you believe god is real. It's like on futurama. You're free to not pay your taxes, and free to visit the pain monster when you don't!

You made some good points with this. Yes, we are free not to pay our taxes and we suffer the consequences of not doing that. But taxes are still a man-made event, laws created by men who have free will.

You can look at the free will thing like your relationship with your parents. Your dad tells you don't forget to finish your homework. You think Dad can't tell me what to do, I'm going to go out with my friends. You go out, and when you get home, your homework is unfinished. You go to school the next day, and your teacher gives you an F for the assignment and it lowers your grade.

You had free will to NOT do what your Dad told you and you suffered the consequences in the world. In this way, the world has a construct of laws and rules. It is like mathematics. There are rules you need to follow. When you don't follow the rules(because of your free will) you get the consequences. Some rules are like in "Stepmom", when Julia tells the stepdaughter, do you want this or do you want that? Parents sometimes show a child two shirts, one blue and one red, and say which one do you want? You have free will to choose either the red or the blue(but not one that doesn't exist).
Even if you don't believe in "God" and are a Naturalist, you would have to admit that our Universe and natural world has laws that it operates by. And those laws are reflected in mathematical precision. Like the Da Vinci drawings which were based on Fibonacci, nature reflects this mathematical precision, in how flowers and plants grow, the shape of seashells, etc.

The whole free will thing is an eschatological discussion people have debated for millennium.
Sometimes the world is our guru.

I could tell you all sorts of things in dreams I had, but I would have been remiss if I sat here recounting all that stuff and then didn't tell what I do to combat that. Some people have different ideas about this I guess.
I wish you well in your endeavors.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Christ is consciousness. If you follow the good things he preached about, not the other actions that seem contradictory there is a blue print to be found. It is available for all who believe in the true creator not the Abrahamic God of the bible, Allah, etc.

Your grinning man is most likely a part of you manifesting. You need to understand what it represents to get rid of it. If it could hurt you physically it would have done so. It is feeding off your fear of it. Once you face it and ask it what it wants it may tell you is what I have read. It is a shade of a past life, a truth you know subconsciously from a past life. When we have these past life feeling start to become aware they destroy us because we don't even believe in reincarnation. So we feel like we don't belong here, or like we are bad people and don't know why. For some like you the knowing but not acknowledging may be able to manifest and haunt you. Try meditating and asking what he wants you to remember.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Cornshucker, your words are appreciated. Do understand that anyone harming children or animals for the purpose of rituals are absolutely not Satanists in the LaVeyan sense, and they have vehemently criticized and distanced themselves from this behavior. It's wicked, evil behavior.

The greatest sins of the world are animal cruelty and harming children. Let me just say here, that I hate kids. I think they are annoying and loud. It has nothing to do with Satanism.

Animal cruelty is so evil because animals are sacred, they have a pure connection to the natural world. and we're meant to bond with them. Cows are curious, and can be affectionate. We slaughter and eat them in the cruelest way. It's unimaginable. I think it's stupid to talk about animal sacrifice as being evil without acknowledging the horrors these creatures endure. Pigs are castrated without anesthetics. Often abused by being picked up and smashed face-first into the ground by frustrated workers. Cows have their horns cut off with bolt-cutters, without anesthetics, and are frequently physically abused before being strung up and having their throats cut. Many cows are not rendered unconscious by captive-bolt guns, and many wind up fully conscious when they are quartered. Chickens have their beaks cut off with wire-cutters so they won't peck each other, and are often scalded alive. Pigs are also scalded alive. People refuse to acknowledge this reality and it breaks my heart. I have wept more than I have ever before over the mistreatment of these creatures and the refusal of people to acknowledge it. I suggest you watch the film "earthlings" on youtube. Many won't look at it. They'd rather ignore it and allow it to continue, and continue eating meat.

Let me ask everyone a question. With all the agony and suffering these animals endure, and they endure unimaginable pain, how is it okay to ignore it? Doesn't all this suffering bring negative energy to our planet and do a lot of harm? I wept through the entire movie. It's hard to watch. For the sake of what they go through, it deserves to be acknowledged.

Harming children is evil because they are our future. They are supposed to grow, both physically and mentally, and learn. Children are meant to become the leaders and creators in our future. Harming a child is inexcusable.

I do appreciate your comments, and I understand them. I think this positivity have made a big difference as I am encountering this entity less frequently over the past year, though my last encounter was so terrifying that I thought the fear would kill me.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by XGodofWar

Christ is consciousness. If you follow the good things he preached about, not the other actions that seem contradictory there is a blue print to be found. It is available for all who believe in the true creator not the Abrahamic God of the bible, Allah, etc.

Your grinning man is most likely a part of you manifesting. You need to understand what it represents to get rid of it. If it could hurt you physically it would have done so. It is feeding off your fear of it. Once you face it and ask it what it wants it may tell you is what I have read. It is a shade of a past life, a truth you know subconsciously from a past life. When we have these past life feeling start to become aware they destroy us because we don't even believe in reincarnation. So we feel like we don't belong here, or like we are bad people and don't know why. For some like you the knowing but not acknowledging may be able to manifest and haunt you. Try meditating and asking what he wants you to remember.

Thank you. I will do this. I will ask what his intentions are, what he is, et cetera.

Christ preached nothing good, except for caring for the hungry and imprisoned. There is nothing good about being meek and mild, denying your own self-empowerment and being subservient to all you encounter. It's not healthy, natural or good. It's not good to feel guilt and constantly worry about sin. The very idea that the 'meek' will inherit the earth is contradictory. The meek inherit nothing. The strong, assertive, independent people inherit the earth.

our Mother Earth is sick. She's groaning, She needs to be cared for, and the Christian attitude is "Jesus is coming soon, and everything was created for us, so lets just exploit it, use it all."

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by Raud

Some people think they are the unelected czars around here. This just reminds me of Barney Frank buffing his nails, even after he was exposed as having taken money from Fannie/Freddie while watching it burn. He thought he was untouchable. But then he did retire after that.

I could sit here and discuss all the various dreams I've had, and in fact I did discuss several of my experiences, and I chose to show how to banish dark spirits. Anyone taking offense to that shows what they are made of.

At least I take my own advice anyway. I never made any suggestions I didn't practice first.

By the way, why can the OP quote the Satanic Bible but I cannot? What is going on around here?

I quote the Satanic bible because there is extreme misunderstanding about what's in there. It only seems fair, since I have been judged and attacked because of my beliefs.

I get attacked a lot. I get attacked for being a vegan. Vegan's always get attacked. It's "unhealthy" and its
peta propaganda" (most vegans hate peta, actually), and people try to find any reason they can to call us hypocrites. Why? I guess I'm just used to defending myself.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

We don't have free will, if you believe god is real. It's like on futurama. You're free to not pay your taxes, and free to visit the pain monster when you don't!

You made some good points with this. Yes, we are free not to pay our taxes and we suffer the consequences of not doing that. But taxes are still a man-made event, laws created by men who have free will.

You can look at the free will thing like your relationship with your parents. Your dad tells you don't forget to finish your homework. You think Dad can't tell me what to do, I'm going to go out with my friends. You go out, and when you get home, your homework is unfinished. You go to school the next day, and your teacher gives you an F for the assignment and it lowers your grade.

You had free will to NOT do what your Dad told you and you suffered the consequences in the world. In this way, the world has a construct of laws and rules. It is like mathematics. There are rules you need to follow. When you don't follow the rules(because of your free will) you get the consequences. Some rules are like in "Stepmom", when Julia tells the stepdaughter, do you want this or do you want that? Parents sometimes show a child two shirts, one blue and one red, and say which one do you want? You have free will to choose either the red or the blue(but not one that doesn't exist).
Even if you don't believe in "God" and are a Naturalist, you would have to admit that our Universe and natural world has laws that it operates by. And those laws are reflected in mathematical precision. Like the Da Vinci drawings which were based on Fibonacci, nature reflects this mathematical precision, in how flowers and plants grow, the shape of seashells, etc.

The whole free will thing is an eschatological discussion people have debated for millennium.
Sometimes the world is our guru.

I could tell you all sorts of things in dreams I had, but I would have been remiss if I sat here recounting all that stuff and then didn't tell what I do to combat that. Some people have different ideas about this I guess.
I wish you well in your endeavors.

The taxes/pain monster quote is an analogy about heaven and hell. Also man made.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
For the record, ThirdEyeofHorus,
I like you and I enjoy our back-and-fourths.

One last thing. I've discovered something. Laughter seems to eliminate fear. I've been watching "a bit of Fry and Laurie" and laughing my ass off. I'm not afraid of the dark when I am laughing.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
my daughter is a vegan. she has struggled with it, physically, quite a bit. the issue is related to the necessity for a sufficient income to provide a consistent diet of the type needed. this can be a real problem if the person also has picky tastebuds. we can't just go buy her veggies and that's it. it has to be the kind of veggies she likes, and include other things like spices she likes, nori (seaweed wraps for no fish sushi) and etc. and, this diet has to include microwaveables so she can be lazy every so often. on top of that, she is essentially the only vegan in the house, so when we grocery shop, we have to buy 2 different sets of food.

recently, a dentist told her that she's not getting enough of some mineral that normally occurs in certain types of meat, and that she's going to have to supplement it, cause her teeth are falling apart. so, we also have to provide her specific supplements. also, because she loves animals she tends to want pets she can't afford to support. she adopted a stray cat. we all love this cat. he is freakin' awesome, however, he recently got run over by a car (he's mr. adventure), and it cost us over 4000 dollars to save him. she couldn't help pay for it, because there are no jobs in this part of the country. it's not so much the dollars, but what we will have to do without other things in order to pay his medical bills.

reality check.

edit on 5-5-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Yes, I have often wondered if my life-long dedication to black metal has prevented me from dichtonomous notions of "good & evil" and "light & darkness", understanding that there is plenty of both within each other.
Animosity and fear is related: a defence mechanism towards what we are unfamiliar with. Black metal, and the connected culutral expressions it takes, has made me seek deep within all that is considered "evil", "cursed" and "unholy". This has brought me much understanding and tolerance, minimizing my need for animosity and fear. I took the bull by its horns (or the goat maybe, lol).
A survey done lately showed that people who listen to metal is more depressed than others. I'd like to think that metal-heads have a wider emotional span, not fearing to look even into the abyss and inspect their own reflection. Feeling low, grieving for the sake of greif, inhaling melancholia, it is all OK. It is only these twisted social codes that tell us that it is "wrong" to have those emotions. Listen to euro-techno and smile until your lips get disjointed! Dance, goddammit, DANCE!

OK, so back on topic:

I wonder what relation your entity has with BM? I wonder how it relates to our cultural understanding of "evil"? Is it a reflection of that intepretation or is it representing a whole 'nother dimension of it? Would King Solomon have known what it is (in regard to the Key and the Lesser Key)?
What you are being visited by, is besides the quintessence of terror, also extremely interesting and perplexing. I hope you don't mind me thinking so. I am absolutely sure that if it would come visit me, I'd crack like a hazelnut on Christmas. Still, you are having an experience that is extremely rare and through it you are gaining wisdom that very few can ever taste. I won't call it luck, nor a blessing, but its gotta count for sumfin', right?

Moving past that,
have you noticed any change since staring this thread? In regard to the support and the understanding from those with similiar experiences, do you feel like you've gained new strength to fight back with? Has the entity noticed this or is it oblivious to it so far?

Me and my gf has also very recently turned back to vegetarianism (we still consume milk, free range egg and fish). My gf was a vegetarian for several years a few years before we met, and I had a one year clean streak (almost) that I started off cold turkey.
I remember that during that year, I was not healthier or anything, but what I did notice was that my spiritual develpment just went sky rocket. Eating meat is grounding while a vegetarian diet is giving your soul a more room to evolve and take an active part in your life.
Also, I did see a documentary about how globalism can be traced in a can of ravioli (the ingredients, including the raw material for the can, together travelled 300 000km!!!). There was some parts from the meat plants. After seeing that, I just thought: man that stuff is just wrong.
Before, I stuck to eco-friendly meat products but that usually just concerns how the animals are fed, not how they live and die. If I can't be sure they had a good life and a death without pain and fear, I'll pass.

Sorry for the OT.

Keep up the spark.
Ad Majorem Satanas

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
my daughter is a vegan. she has struggled with it, physically, quite a bit. the issue is related to the necessity for a sufficient income to provide a consistent diet of the type needed. this can be a real problem if the person also has picky tastebuds. we can't just go buy her veggies and that's it. it has to be the kind of veggies she likes, and include other things like spices she likes, nori (seaweed wraps for no fish sushi) and etc. and, this diet has to include microwaveables so she can be lazy every so often. on top of that, she is essentially the only vegan in the house, so when we grocery shop, we have to buy 2 different sets of food.

recently, a dentist told her that she's not getting enough of some mineral that normally occurs in certain types of meat, and that she's going to have to supplement it, cause her teeth are falling apart. so, we also have to provide her specific supplements. also, because she loves animals she tends to want pets she can't afford to support. she adopted a stray cat. we all love this cat. he is freakin' awesome, however, he recently got run over by a car (he's mr. adventure), and it cost us over 4000 dollars to save him. she couldn't help pay for it, because there are no jobs in this part of the country. it's not so much the dollars, but what we will have to do without other things in order to pay his medical bills.

reality check.

if you're kid is having health issues, the problem is not veganism. I have never had a tooth problem, I have a muscular physique, I am extremely healthy. Meat is not healthy. There's a reason carnivores have short intestinal tracts and we don't.

I have four cats, and a dog. I'm currently unemployed except for aquarium maintenance. They all eat a biologically appropriate, raw diet. We feed them stella and chewie's raw and Orijen. It's a stupid lie that a vegan diet is expensive. I don't take any supplements. I just avoid animal products and dairy. There's no reason to steal milk from baby cows, and slaughter the baby cows for veal.

I'm also a picky eater. Guess what? when you commit to a diet that's so different from the one you've been told is good, you have to learn how to cook for yourself. It is a provable fact that vegans live longer, look better, age slower, and get sick less often. Except for #ty vegans who eat boca all day. And whose parents refuse to be supportive, or do it begrudgingly.

It's also a provable fact that indoor cats live much longer than outdoor cats, who, on average, live a quarter of their full lives. Keep your cats indoors. Shame on you for complaining about your cats medical bills. They depend on you. I had to spend a fortune on my rescued beagle, I never complained. I went without, but I never complained. She's like my daughter. She's alive and well because of the excellent veterinary care we gave her. She's not "the family dog". She's my companion. She's my best friend.

It sounds like the veganism annoys you. This is pathetic. You should encourage your kid. It takes a lot of courage to commit to this diet. I left my last job because I was ridiculed every day for my lifestyle.

Here's a reality check, you're wrong. You're just plain #ing wrong. You have clearly done no research, you don't seem to understand that there's more to eat than "just veggies", and you think it's an expensive diet that's not worthwhile.

I realize I'm casting judgments here, but do some goddamn research. Your kid is unhealthy for a reason, and it's not the vegan diet. I can promise you it's not the vegan diet. I have training as a biological anthropologist, and I can tell you for certain that early man did not eat a lot of meat, and only started eating it when we left the trees and had less food available.

There's a reason you have to *cook* meat. There's a reason the canine bowel is so short, and ours is so long. The myth that having canines = meat eating is a stupid misconception. Primates use canines for displays of power. Look at the gorilla. Very large canines. Fruit and vegetable eater.

Maybe you should consider not listening to some moron dentist who probably overlooked everything else and just assumed it was the vegan diet that was the problem. People are shocked when they find out I'm vegan, I am extremely well built.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raud

Yes, I have often wondered if my life-long dedication to black metal has prevented me from dichtonomous notions of "good & evil" and "light & darkness", understanding that there is plenty of both within each other.
Animosity and fear is related: a defence mechanism towards what we are unfamiliar with. Black metal, and the connected culutral expressions it takes, has made me seek deep within all that is considered "evil", "cursed" and "unholy". This has brought me much understanding and tolerance, minimizing my need for animosity and fear. I took the bull by its horns (or the goat maybe, lol).
A survey done lately showed that people who listen to metal is more depressed than others. I'd like to think that metal-heads have a wider emotional span, not fearing to look even into the abyss and inspect their own reflection. Feeling low, grieving for the sake of greif, inhaling melancholia, it is all OK. It is only these twisted social codes that tell us that it is "wrong" to have those emotions. Listen to euro-techno and smile until your lips get disjointed! Dance, goddammit, DANCE!

OK, so back on topic:

I wonder what relation your entity has with BM? I wonder how it relates to our cultural understanding of "evil"? Is it a reflection of that intepretation or is it representing a whole 'nother dimension of it? Would King Solomon have known what it is (in regard to the Key and the Lesser Key)?
What you are being visited by, is besides the quintessence of terror, also extremely interesting and perplexing. I hope you don't mind me thinking so. I am absolutely sure that if it would come visit me, I'd crack like a hazelnut on Christmas. Still, you are having an experience that is extremely rare and through it you are gaining wisdom that very few can ever taste. I won't call it luck, nor a blessing, but its gotta count for sumfin', right?

Moving past that,
have you noticed any change since staring this thread? In regard to the support and the understanding from those with similiar experiences, do you feel like you've gained new strength to fight back with? Has the entity noticed this or is it oblivious to it so far?

Me and my gf has also very recently turned back to vegetarianism (we still consume milk, free range egg and fish). My gf was a vegetarian for several years a few years before we met, and I had a one year clean streak (almost) that I started off cold turkey.
I remember that during that year, I was not healthier or anything, but what I did notice was that my spiritual develpment just went sky rocket. Eating meat is grounding while a vegetarian diet is giving your soul a more room to evolve and take an active part in your life.
Also, I did see a documentary about how globalism can be traced in a can of ravioli (the ingredients, including the raw material for the can, together travelled 300 000km!!!). There was some parts from the meat plants. After seeing that, I just thought: man that stuff is just wrong.
Before, I stuck to eco-friendly meat products but that usually just concerns how the animals are fed, not how they live and die. If I can't be sure they had a good life and a death without pain and fear, I'll pass.

Sorry for the OT.

Keep up the spark.
Ad Majorem Satanas

Hey man. Nice post. Concerning free-range, I suggest you look into it closer. Free-range usually means they are crammed into a giant shed, just not in cages. Its not any better. Dairy is also quite horrific, because of what happens to dairy cows after they are exhausted. Did you know dairy cows each produce 70,000 gallons of milk? That seem natural? We've enslaved them. Factory farming is destroying our planet. and human ignorance lets it continue.

I heard Wayne Pacelle, the president of the Humane society, speak at Canisius College (my spouse studies anthrozoology there, he's her professor now). He described seeing dairy cows refuse to walk to the killing floor and having hoses shoved in their mouths on full blast to get them run to. When they collapse from exhausted, they are beaten, dragged with chains, or have cayenne rubbed in their eyes to make them run.

Despite what many people think, dairy cows and meat cows do not provide the materials for leather.

One last thing concerning music, the song "without god" by Katatonia has always been an enormous comfort to me.

"My spirit, filled with hate
sets free the force of the golden dawn
without god, entomb your fear

the spirit's free,
jehova elohim meth
satan laughs,
jehova elohim meth

I raise my fist to the sky
swear the ancient oath of black
the lamb shall bleed, eternally bleed
god is dead and shall forever be"

What I heard, when I first heard this was "there is no angry god to torment you, you're free, don't be afraid".

I think it's beautiful.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
perhaps you're right but then you probably have to remember (i shouldn't have to remind you of this) that everyone's situation and biology, is different.

i told my husband what you said about the cat relying on us and he said, yeah, true enough. i must admit, it's definitely true. however, we currently have a house full of people because everyone's on hard times now, and they all rely on us. cat keeps us all cheerful though. 4k though, that's alot for us.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
if you read my comments, you'll notice that i said the dentist was the one that said her teeth were crumbling from lack of something from meat. this is not my fault. also, when she doesn't get exactly what she needs from other protein sources (i shouldn't have to remind you she's also an adult), she gets grumpier and grumpier. i think it's hormone related, and it has something to do with enzymes and amino acids she's not getting enough of. we don't know what it is. we just try to encourage her to eat some form of protein.

see the problem with your approach to the situation is, you don't consider that having to buy two different sets of food instead of one set for everyone, causes additional costs, which, when you have a house with only one person working to support everyone else, can be more complicated. for example, i need dentures. i need a bra, my old one fell apart. my middle son needs to go to the dentist. my daughter does as well, since the dentist says her teeth are going to need work.

i'm not entirely sure what your issue is, but reality is reality, and that's our reality. if you dont like it, you can always forget i mentioned it.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarwinVsJesus
For the record, ThirdEyeofHorus,
I like you and I enjoy our back-and-fourths.

One last thing. I've discovered something. Laughter seems to eliminate fear. I've been watching "a bit of Fry and Laurie" and laughing my ass off. I'm not afraid of the dark when I am laughing.

Hi Darwin, thanks for that. I had a feeling from some of your posts that you enjoy philosophical discussion. I also have a feeling you are delving into some deeper things than you get normally from exoteric religion.
You also discussed vegetarianism. It definitely is a way to purify one's physical body and spiritualize the self. I was very much into metaphysics and yoga and meditation since I was 17. I was introduced to metaphysics in high school and took yoga, which has been a lifelong practice for me, though sometimes I don't focus on that aspect. There are many types of yoga, so if one is not doing yogasanas, one is doing karma yoga or bhakti yoga which is devotion to the Godhead, on jnana yoga for wisdom, and raja yoga for self control.
I do not want to be preachy, just be an elder sister, and I recognize and respect your spiritual soul evolution.
That being said, I have read many books on metaphysics, religion, theology, astrology, and the occult. I think if you studied some well-known but classically reliable books on the occult, it would open you to some new ideas.
Some more background on me: My parents were Episcopalian but stopped taking us to church when I was 7. I was bored with Sunday School and wanted to be in with the grownups and listen to the sermons.
Since we stopped attending church I had to find my religious moorings on my own. A friend introduced me to metaphysics and thus began a lifelong practice of meditation. I also found the Theosophical Society and immediately became a member. At this time I was experimenting with a wholistic diet and frequented the local health food stores. I like to have as much variety in my diet as possible. I have been on strict vegetarian diets, pursued fasting, and then later tried macrobiotic diets. There are many poisons in our food that may even be unavoidable at this time, and this is why old-fashioned veganism may not be adequate in the long run. Also, if you are younger, you are still somewhat impervious to the problems of health conditions.
In my astrology chart, I have a stellium of planets in the 8th house(ruled by scorpio...attributes are death, reincarnation, taxes, inheritance and the legacy of that is the rising of the Phoenix from the ashes), so it is easy to see that I have pursued the occult and deeper meanings of life. Also with Neptune in Scorpio in the 9th, that is another aspect which spurs me to higher education and deeper learning.
So now you understand that I have embraced religion from a much broader perspective than many.
Also, with the occult, one has to be careful of the spiritual land mines. In Theosophy, some of the most brilliant Theosophical minds somehow thought that the UN/League of Nations was a good way to spur spiritual growth and godly governance in the earth, but it has turned out that the UN has become the seat of the One World Govt. Yes, I am a conspiracy theorist also.
Still, I recommend reading a few good books to help you on the spiritual path.
Unveiled Mysteries by Guy Ballard www.sacred-texts.com...
The Magic Presence by Guy Ballard
Brother of the Third Degree by Will Garver
Light on Yoga by B.K.S Iyengar
The Secret Doctrine by Helena Blavatsky(Theosophical)
Any good translation of The Bhagavad Gita
The Masters and The Path by CW Leadbeater(Theosophical) www.free-ebooks.net...
Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramahansa Yogandanda
The Macrobiotic Way by Michio Kushi for balance in diet pdf.pdfebookes.com...
Reincarnation: The Missing Link in Christianity by Elizabeth Clare Prophet www.amazon.com...
I have been to India, and I do take my spiritual evolution seriously.
What I see about you is that after experiencing negative things in fundamentalist exoteric religion, you had a knee jerk reaction(understandable) and picked one that embraces the opposite of what you had. You also have accepted the secular version of evolution, that being Darwin's Theory of Evolution, because it makes sense to seculars and atheists.
I believe the truth embraces both spiritual eschatology and science and the spirit permeates all.
Before I wrap this up, I have believed in reincarnation since I started yoga practice and I live every day knowing that if I don't get it right in this life, there is always the next one. So you see I am really not preaching a fundamentalist lifestyle at all, but I do embrace Christianity.
Sorry this is so long but I wanted you to understand where I'm coming from.
Regards
edit on 5-5-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
thirdeye

i think i could live on oatmeal, toast and orange juice but i am not particularly fond of it without butter and brown sugar. lol now that i hear what they do to cows, butter not sounding so good anymore.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
thirdeye

i think i could live on oatmeal, toast and orange juice but i am not particularly fond of it without butter and brown sugar. lol now that i hear what they do to cows, butter not sounding so good anymore.

Hi Undo, well, I experimented with vegetarianism, but I do not feel energetic without extra protein. I find that a high protein diet is important to me in keeping me physically energized. I embraced macrobiotics because it allows individuals to find what works best for them while embracing the life energy found in whole foods. I love a good fresh carrot juice. I used to go to the juice bar at Whole Foods and get a 1 oz shot of wheat grass juice and take that with the carrot juice. I've moved though and no Whole Foods here.
I know people also who are on a no-gluten diet. That eliminates too many things for me. I think balance is essential.
An alternative to butter is coconut oil. I have used it but you will have to get used to the flavor. Coconut oil has excellent health properties. I had a discussion with a chiropractor about it and he recommends it. You can use honey in lieu of cane sugar, as honey has antibacterial properties.
Also, ordinary margarine is not necessarily better than real butter. Some of the alternatives are really worse. All this focus on no trans-fat is a diversion and a form of control by the Nanny State, which proponents feel they know better than everyone else and therefore that they should control everyone else's diet.
Also, conspiratorially thinking, Codex Alimentarius is a method of global control which has as part of it's agenda a limiting of the amount of vitamin supplements we can consume. They know that people are relying on nutritional supplements since the food supply has been tampered with.
Chalk it up to global control and de-population agendas.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Now, Darwin, it can be seen that your encounter with astral entities shows that there are varying levels of consciousness on the matter plane. The densist level being the physical body, the astral plane corresponds with the emotional plane and the mental plane is higher still, and the etheric being the highest level of awareness in the material before we get to spirit. The average spiritualist will know that astral entities exist on the astral plane, which is where we are when we do astral projection. When we have astral projection experiences where we disconnect from the physical body and travel around in our soul awareness on the astral plane, we can experience that "paralysis" when the soul reattaches to the body. Theosophists have talked about astral projection so I am not telling you something that many mystics do not know.
On the astral plane, all kinds of entities and discarnate spirits can exist. This is why one must be able to dispel these discarnates. And this is why I told you what I did earlier in the thread, because there will be nothing good come of inviting discarnate spirits into your world. But what you can take away from the experience is the knowledge that our consciousness exists on different levels. Some people talk about how aliens may be interdimensional beings and this is why no one can ever prove their existence on the physical plane.
Here is an early book I read which explains energy on the astral and mental planes and how it works with our minds. It is called, "Thought Forms", by Annie Besant. This book explains that when we think and feel, we emit energies on the various planes of matter. Thoughts are Things. We can create ugly forms or beautiful forms.
I hope it will help you understand the energies on psychic planes and purify your world to reflect the higher beautiful forms.

www.theosophicalsociety.co.uk...

Your encounter with these entities is actually a help in understanding that life is not empty matter as the seculars insist, but is full of animate energy.

An excerpt from "Unveiled Mysteries" also shows a similar concept(the author apparently had Theosophical knowledge)

"All these discordant activities reach the individual and his world—through his thought and feeling. Feeling often flashes before one is aware of the thought—in the outer consciousness—which he might use to control it, and this kind of experience should teach him—how great is the energy within his many creations—which has accumulated through habit.

"The feeling activity of Life is the most unguarded point—of human consciousness. It is the accumulative energy by which thoughts are propelled into the atomic substance, and thus—do thoughts become things. I tell you—the need of guarding the feeling cannot be emphasized too strongly for control of the emotions plays the most important part of anything in Life, in maintaining—balance in the mind—health in the body-success and accomplishment in the affairs and world of the personal self of every individual.

www.sacred-texts.com...

We manifest what is in our world, consciously, or unconsciously.
edit on 5-5-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join