It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am extremely reluctant to post this. Specifically wondering if anyone else has seen this.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
When I was very young, [I mean young....this is the first dream I had that I remember, 2.5 or 3 years of age], I found myself in an extremely vivid and terrifying dream. I was older than 2 in the dream, and being chased by a very tall, very unpleasant looking entity with very long fingers.

Fine, just a dream.

Ever since then [next vivid occurrence was 8 years old], I had occasionally found myself wide awake in a state of extreme terror [NOT hypnogogia and NOT sleep paralysis, I am AWAKE, this # is for REAL]. Eventually I look forward and standing at the foot of my bed is an entity who I have always called(I even hesitate to type it. We don't speak these words in my home, not ever. I mean it, not ever) The grinning man. Not John Keel's GM, not a man at all. But this is what I called him/it when I was young.

The last time I saw him I woke up in total darkness. I felt like a veil was being pulled off of my face and he/it was standing right over the bed.Staring at me. He began to walk toward me and I became so frightened that I choked, gasped, and spit up. It woke up my spouse. I wouldn't tell her what I saw, but she knew immediately.

He was wearing a long black cloak the last time. I can't say if he always is. He appears to be so tall that he hunches over because my ceilings are too low for him to stand straight. He has incredibly long fingers, non-human face. His face is narrow. Big eyes, slit pupils. He always has an enormous Cheshire-cat grin on his face. From ear to ear.

There have been days when I have woken up knowing he's there, but my back is turned. Something tellls me not to turn around, don't look. I will sit there trembling for hours after the encounter. Generally these are face-to-face encounters.

He's shouted at me before. It wakes me up out of a sound sleep. i'll hear my name in a furious, angry, deep, gurgling voice.

On one occasion, I was asleep at home, before my parents split and my family was basically destroyed. I woke up because I heard this. I then heard him/it say "I won't let you have your memories back".

I didn't know what this meant until later. After my family split, I became incredibly depressed. I constantly tell people that I have no happy memories. I can't cherish the good ones because I'll never get to re-live them with my family.

I am very afraid to post this. I've been debating it for years. I am terrified of this creature/entity. I decided I had to do it; I need to know if anyone else has ever seen this entity?

I once called out to a spirit guide and asked why this creature constantly visits me like this. What I got back was the following response:

"what can you learn from pure evil?".

What the # is visiting me. I'm afraid of the dark, afraid of being home alone at night. When my spouse goes to visit her family I have to have a friend stay with me. I can't spend the night alone in my house.

Someone out there must have had a similar encounter.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by DarwinVsJesus

Shadow People.

Can't give you a link,but google it. Hope it helps.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I didn't know shadow people could have faces, interesting.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Some ghosts have faces, so yeah. The spirit realm wears many guises.

+15 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I'd suggest something pretty straight forward. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't Either way, you'll learn from the outcome. Hook a webcam up to your current system or another one if it might work better and position it to cover your room. USB extensions come pretty long if needed. When this happens again...If it happens again..one of two things will happen when you review the recording later. You will have captured something of this thing and know it's 100% real, or you'll have captured nothing with the recording uninterrupted and know there is something else amiss in the whole thing. I'm not suggesting it's in your mind ...I'm suggesting how to answer that definitively.

If, somehow, the camera fails at that important period yet doesn't fail other nights? That in itself will be it's own kind of confirmation, regardless. I use a program called "Youcam" for my recording here on multiple cameras and it works well. It has a free version which ought to work for you.

The only thing I'd say is unplug it outright when not using it, given it's sensitive location. A neighbor has had his webcam activate when he wasn't doing it by choice ..so I have no question such things happen for abuse of them ..and that would be a bad spot to have such invasion of privacy happen. I'd also position it to shoot above and across the bed from the head outward...so as never to film you personally in bed, anyway. Just my suggestion.

I hope it helps
edit on 29-4-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   

That sounds like some real enduring mental torture, I can't begin to imagine.
Have you tried actual hands - on spiritualists that will actually spend some time with you ?

To follow you through life is very daunting. Having had this happen since you were a child and continue
into adult life, must make it that much harder for you rationalise this to yourself.

Although I can't offer you a solution, you have my best wishes that you can sort it ASAP.

A quick afterthought, do you meditate at all ? If so maybe you can go to your "happy place" and demand this thing just bugger off !?

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I don't doubt this possibility. I'm looking into it. I should say that this figure is absolutely not shadow-like. It is solid, the cloak is a cloak, it once walked past my bed and I got a look at what was underneath. I won't ever repeat what I saw. All I will say is that when it walked by, it looked incredibly angry at me. I caught a glimpse of a spine, like there was no flesh at all around this part of the body. sort of half-way down. This entity is at least 12 feet tall.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Yes I've had a similar experience and it's what set me on the road to ATS. I have seen a "hooded/ cloaked entity" watch me in my bedroom as well. A lot of people have had similar experiences.

I know how terrifying it can be to even think of the entity (even though I didn't see it grinning as you described, which sounds especially creepy.) I applaud your courage for speaking out about this...because that's exactly what it takes to talk about it.

I have been trying to learn more about this phenomenon for about 10 years now and have very little to show for it other than I'm not alone in the dreadful experience.

Here is a sketch I made of what I saw. And SPOOKY avatar I found from a member just the other day...still waiting for him/her to give me some info on their choice of avatar.

Or you can read more about my personal experience (and other members) here in this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Good luck on your investigation. PLEASE let me know if you find any info on this phenomenon.

Also, please look into some techniques for conquering the fear of these episodes. I don't expect you'll ever be able to put it completely out of your mind. But it is unhealthy to live in constant fear of these yahoos. You are stronger! It's time they knew this about you.
edit on 29-4-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I do meditate. I have no happy place. I try. I know exactly what my happy place is. The shore edge of a forest, where I am greeted by a beautiful greyhound that I imagine is in some way my animal familiar. I feel deeply connected to greyhounds. One morning I woke up and I just loved them.

I can't meditate peacefully. I can't keep my eyes closed at night, with the lights off. Every time I get up to go to the bathroom at night I turn on every light in the house. I suspect this is part of the actual experience, though. This creature probably enjoys fear.

Nothing else in the entire world frightens me. My sisters have seen a similar entity on at least one occasion when they thought it would be smart to dabble in the occult. Incidentally, they saw it in the same room I first encountered it.

I dont discount the shadow person thing. My spouse and I have both been shocked to discover we both have seen a tall shadow entity in the same spot in our home, we never told each other.

I frequently feel watched in my hallway and bedroom, when I'm alone. When I experience this, I get involuntary shivers down my spine. I swear on more than one occasion I have closed my sliding closet doors only to find them slightly opened in the middle of the night. They are about 8 feet away from my bed, on my side.

So, I don't see any chance of this letting up. I just wonder if anyone else has seen this #ing entity.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha

Yes I've had a similar experience and it's what set me on the road to ATS. I have seen a "hooded/ cloaked entity" watch me in my bedroom as well. A lot of people have had similar experiences.

I know how terrifying it can be to even think of the entity (even though I didn't see it grinning as you described.) I applaud your courage for speaking out about this...because that's exactly what it takes to talk about it.

I have been trying to learn more about this phenomenon for about 10 years now and have very little to show for it other than I'm not alone in the dreadful experience.

Here is a sketch I made of what I saw. And SPOOKY avatar I found from a member just the other day...still waiting for him/her to give me some info on their choice of avatar.

Or you can read more about my personal experience (and other members) here in this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Good luck on your investigation. PLEASE let me know if you find any info on this phenomenon.

Also, please look into some techniques for conquering the fear of these episodes. I don't expect you'll ever be able to put it completely out of your mind. But it is unhealthy to live in constant fear of these yahoos. You are stronger! It's time they knew this about you.

This is close to what I saw. I must emphasize that I only saw a cloak once. Normally I can't really remember it because what is most salient are 1.eye. and 2. the grin. I'll try and sketch it.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarwinVsJesus

Originally posted by iunlimited491

Did it look like...

THIS!!!!!

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   

It's difficult to try and cheer you up while you are going through this torture. But have you thought of the possibility that "it" does not mean to hurt you? It would have done so a long time ago if it wanted to, or if it could. Some entities, even if looking evil, are actually good, they seem all the more evil that you are afraid. OUr perception are always influenced by our emotional situation.
The way you are describing the scene, it sounds to me like an appeal, a question, an interpelletation. It wants something from you. Or it wants to tell you something.
May I also suggest two "technical" actions :
- try to burn candles and scent sticks in your house..fire purifies. Do it several times, if you are a practising christian, use also holy water, incense, and you might also place some statues of angels
- about your house: is it a new house? did someone live there before you? what is the history of the town you are living in?
Just some ideas.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tianmat

Some entities, even if looking evil, are actually good, they seem all the more evil that you are afraid. OUr perception are always influenced by our emotional situation.

Exactly! We're usually afraid of what's different and afraid of what we don't understand. Although incredibly terrifying to see one of these in your bedroom (!) when you're at your most vulnerable...I can't definitively say that these things are evil or good one way or the other.

Whatever they align themselves with (good/ evil) it had shown up at a very critical time in my life. I was diagnosed with cancer only weeks after my encounter. However, I still have no basis to say whether it was good or evil...just, that it's not understood and its intentions are not clear.

I tend to ask people what was going on in their life when they had the sighting. Care to answer this one OP? Any significant junctions in your life taking place near your encounter? Any particular mood you were in at the time?

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   
It is good that you meditate. Thats a start. I know exactly what you are going through. The thing is, you need to stop feeding it. Fear is what drives it. I can't just say "dont be scared" though. Just know deep down that it cannot physically hurt you. Meditate on that daily. Do mental exercises breathing in the good energy and breathing out the bad. Picture making a protective bubble around you before you sleep. If it happens again, train yourself to focus on your steady breathing, in-good--- out-bad. It will be difficult at first, but with practice, you will learn to deal with it.
If you do all this, and get good at the visualizations, and want to take it a step further, Learn the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram or lbrp. Good luck.
edit on 29-4-2013 by AnimositisominA because: word

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

This is some weird stuff! When I was a little lad between 3.5-10 years old, I used to be terrified of something exactly the same as in the image you posted, I called it/him Smog! The similarities are uncanny! Used to see said entity in dreams, I would wake up covered in sweat completely terrified. I also used to suffer form sleep apnea, couldn't move and the thing was standing over me, what ever it was it never did say anything or try to communicate which seemed to make it all the more frightening!
edit on 29-4-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Whatever that #'cker is you need to get a hold of it's name. Then curse it out. Take away it's honey, and replace it with fire.

Entirely outside of my area of understanding, but that sounds super dark and outright invasive, strength to you, that's pretty wild.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
When it told me it wasn't going to let me have my memories back, my parents were going through a vicious divorce. I was diagnosed with Bi-polar disorder with rapid cycling about 3 months after this encounter. I met the woman I love to this day one month after the encounter. It's been a strange relationship, but we're getting better. See my other post about that. She's incredibly important in my life.

He started showing up again very frequently when I became addicted to heroin. Long story short, I used opiates as anti-depressants. Don't do it. When my pharmaceutical supply ran out and I started buying heroin, he showed up again.

The last time I saw him was about one month before I stopped taking suboxone, my maintenance medication. I had been on it for 3 years. I have been sober since january 30th, though now that I'm sober I see that i've lost a lot. Maybe this is what he meant.

I don't believe he's good. The sheer terror is intense enough that I feel like if the encounters lasted longer than they do, the fear would take my life. I have never, ever, in my entire life, ever been so terrified. Good entities don't project fear.

I burn incense and sage regularly.
edit on 29-4-2013 by DarwinVsJesus because: forgot to add something.

edit on 29-4-2013 by DarwinVsJesus because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join