It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Back from the dead? Vietnam vet found, 44 years on

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   

A NEW documentary claims to have discovered an American soldier 44 years after he went missing in the Vietnam War.

Unclaimed, a documentary from Canadian filmmaker Michael Jorgensen, purports to find Master Sergeant John Hartley Robertson, who was presumed dead in 1968.

Sgt Robertson was thought to have died after his helicopter was shot down over Laos in 1966 on a classified US Army mission.

Unclaimed follows the story of a 76-year-old American man who can only speak Vietnamese...

The soldier in question was lost in Vietnam and was never spoken of again. The documentary featured in the article sounds like it has found the man purported to be lost. The soldier was lost during a SOG operation whereby he was shot down by enemy forces. He who was reported dead or MIA, is believed to now be living in the South, suffering from memory problems.

www.couriermail.com.au...
edit on 29-4-2013 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

An incredible article, thank you for posting....

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Makes you wonder how many more of the 58,000 were simply written off because the nature of their deaths would have brought too many questions to bare on Americas cross border covert actions.

Sad to think that maybe his wife and kids, his parents and brother's have lived with the daily anguish of not knowing how he died..when he wasn't even dead.

If hope they can DNA him, bring him home, and take his name off the wall.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrJohnSmith

An incredible article, thank you for posting....

No worries mate.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1972
Makes you wonder how many more of the 58,000 were simply written off because the nature of their deaths would have brought too many questions to bare on Americas cross border covert actions.

Sad to think that maybe his wife and kids, his parents and brother's have lived with the daily anguish of not knowing how he died..when he wasn't even dead.

If hope they can DNA him, bring him home, and take his name off the wall.

Agreed.

It makes me think just how many ex-soldiers may be out there, and classified as either MIA or KIA...

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MrJohnSmith

I would go back for any of my brothers. To the gates of hell and back. Again, again, and again.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Jerry "mad dog" shriver probably was his neighbour

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
daaskapital
Truly amazing story. I cannot even imagine what his family has went through over the years..Im glad at least his sister went to see him its to bad his memory is almost all lost..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I remember a time not so long ago, when the very idea that our government would have left those men there to rot and die in a Vietnamese prison camp and then lie about it and insist there were no POWs that they knew of was repulsive and damn near treasonous to even suggest.

Ohhh, how the times they do a change.
Ohh, how they do.

Our Government has more than a few skeletons in the closet.
God have mercy on the souls of those who help to keep # like this covered up because, I know there are a few real Americans left out there who won't.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
What a story
When is the documentery being released or did I miss something in the article?
Thanks for sharing.
S n` f.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Considering my recent ponderations on brain washing and the change-ability of ego, and how deep and long lasting that can be, I find this fascinating!

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Now there''s a honorable veteran, great article.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   

“It's not that the Vietnamese won't let him go; it's that our government doesn't want him.

There used to be a retired Army Col. who went back and forth to S.E. Asia that swore he had proof of POWs were still alive.
I was told there were 1700 that were held back because the Vietnamese wanted 4 Billion in war damages from the USA.

McCain knew about the 1700 yet never a word was mentioned; or so the story went.

Many of the more valuable POWs ended up in Russia.

I could not imagine living in a Tiger cage and going through what those guys went through.

No matter how much ammo I had I always left one for me (as many of my friends did); capture was not an acceptable option for us.

I got out of the service in 77 after 8.5 years and 4 years in S.E. Asia. I was asked by a 2 star General who had become a friend of mine if I wanted to stay in the military and I clearly remember telling him "that if there was another war I could not guarantee I would go, so for me it was time to hang up my guns and master wings"; I did and never looked back.

I might be able to find the reference and story of the 1700 and 4 Billion. Humm was not as hard as I thought but even so what I found is not the complete story as was told to me.
www.theamericanconservative.com...

Following the battle of Dien Bien Phu in 1954, the Vietnamese refused to return their French POWs unless Paris agreed to pay financial compensation for the war. The French leaders paid the money and got their men back. Similarly, the Vietnamese refused to return their American POWs unless the U.S. government agreed to pay reparations. Nixon signed a document promising to do exactly that, but the Vietnamese, being cautious, kept many of the POWs back until the money was delivered. Then Congress refused to authorize the funds because “America doesn’t lose wars.” Nixon and later U.S. leaders never acknowledged the fate of these captives lest the American people become outraged. And as the years and decades went by, and various schemes to ransom or rescue the POWs were considered and rejected, their continued existence became a major liability to numerous powerful political figures, whose reputations would have been destroyed if any of the prisoners ever returned and told his story to the American people. So none of them ever came home. __________________________________________

www.theamericanconservative.com...
QUOTE:
I’m referring to the evidence that North Vietnam—after the peace treaty had been signed on Jan. 27, 1973 in Paris—held back hundreds of American prisoners, keeping them as bargaining chips to ensure getting Washington’s promised $3.25 billion in war reparations. The funds were never delivered, and the prisoners were never released. Both sides insisted to their people and the world that all POWs had been returned, challenging the voluminous body of facts to the contrary.

But behind the scenes, where the press did not go then or now, President Nixon accused Hanoi of not returning a multitude of prisoners. In a private message on Feb. 2, 1973, Nixon said U.S. records showed 317 prisoners in Laos alone. “It is inconceivable,” he wrote, “that only 10 of these men” were being returned. END QUOTE

We had over 200 captured alive in Laos that I was aware of.

The unit you are in will come a get you even at the price of killing themselves for we/they would not leave our guys behind. The government in spite of what they say will cut and run if it is politically expedient. Listen to some of Kissinger's quotes if you have any doubts...

QUOTE....Military men are “dumb, stupid animals to be used” as pawns for foreign policy....END QUOTE

"The illegal we do immediately. The unconstitutional takes a little longer."

The Military training and friends I made were a life's blessing and set me on a course that has served me well. But I also learned at a tender age, actions speak louder than words.

There are still those in government who listen and think what a grand guy Kissinger is. Money and power can always buy you fair weather friends; he is living proof.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
This is a black shame on the American Government.
There are lamposts waiting to be filled with guys like that who would write off their countrymen.........what happened to us?

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ranong
What a story
When is the documentery being released or did I miss something in the article?
Thanks for sharing.
S n` f.
It is being released 12 May, in Washington DC area. You can get tickets on line.
And a side not: This man is rich! He is owed 44 years of back pay

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by spartaocean

Im too young to remember the conflict , but I would join you in a heartbeat .

Too many families have had no closure

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
A pretty interesting article.

I'm curious as to why his children would back out of the DNA testing.

I would think they'd want to know if he's their father. I know i would no matter how long it's been.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by bg_socalif
A pretty interesting article.

I'm curious as to why his children would back out of the DNA testing.

I would think they'd want to know if he's their father. I know i would no matter how long it's been.

Same here.
All I can think is that they have already mourned this person once and taking into account his age , they probably don't want to mourn him a second time .

Such a sad story .

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
This interview with Gene "Chip" Tatum goes into much detail on this subject.

Chip was a former CIA Black Ops assassin and an OSG2 NWO insider who saw firsthand what really went on behind the scenes in Vietnam.

BTW, both of these men doing this interview have since been "eliminated".

Chip's tortured body has been reported to have washed up on a beach in Panama in early 2007 tortured and without a face.

This video presents one of the most provocative interviews ever conducted by Ted Gunderson, a retired FBI Senior Special Agent. It is with Gene "Chip" Tatum, a former CIA black ops assassin...

You’ll learn from an "insider" about outrageous U.S. government felony crime and corruption and the impending New World Order destruction of America. You’ll hear his amazing insight concerning the Nixon Administration and the dirty politics of the Vietnam War. This is the last interview prior to his sudden disappearance in 1998.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

The shock and trauma of taking him home may actually kill him at 76 years of age but he deserves to be cared for by his own people, I can only hope they get him home and somebody is sued for this, we can only imagine what life he may have lived, free or slave but god be with him and keep him safe.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join