It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American invasion on Australian land, what most Australians dont know!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter

The real question is will the Yanks survive Darwin?

More specifically, Darwin in the wet season!

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Well when you have Aussie companies promoting/marketing the below amongst men, do not be surprised if you fear a slow invasion

SOURCE

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
OMG...aussies are in the US!!!!They must be invading!!!!!.

Come on guy...we're allies. We have combined arms exercises all the time together...usually with Canada and England or France as well.

What the hell would we want with Australia anyway???

We must have about 1500 of your guys in the states at any given time...for training.
Quit making a dollar out of fifteen cents.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
HA! I was thinking about migrate to Australia to get away from America! Go figure...

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
HA! I was thinking about migrate to Australia to get away from America! Go figure...

Well nowadays abeverage all you have to do is arrive by boat and establish a new life. I will pay for.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by bally001

Originally posted by abeverage

Well nowadays abeverage all you have to do is arrive by boat and establish a new life. I will pay for.

Wow that sounds great! Sort of like we have been doing here for years

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Tahnya86

You say the Ausy government doesn't know, they must as though the Australian's are none nuclear there is a necessity to obtain protection and with the Empire being absolutely Kaput and our navy not even able to patrol the coast of England (never mind Britain) we can't provide the necessary aid at this politically tense time, there is fear over growing Chinese naval strength and the American's have a very good system of defence that makes the patriot missile look like a toy.

Yes those area's will remain closed to the Australian public as they are sensitive by there nature, it is not an invasion and they are not your enemy but there may well be a war coming if they or there allies show weakness in the face of self righteous aggression, Korea was only barking because china wanted it to as it wished to give the world something else than a group of strategically placed islands to think about and Australia is a prize to take as you know it is very rich in rare minerals and metals as well as possible oil that has not yet been tapped, it's huge size and relatively small population make it easy to obtain a foothold but that would be to underestimate the Australian soldiers as I remember the Japanese actually ended up fearing the Ausy's.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
After Russia and China both vetoed the US in the UN (in regards to Syria) things have changed.

My guess is the US is bolstering its defensive posture on their doorstep so that when the US violates the UN vote and goes into Syria anyway, it hopes to be able to have such a presence in the Easter Pacific Region that the Powers That Be on Mainland Asia will think twice before doing anything about it.

Is that why the delay... in Syria?

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I would think that the Australian deserts and outback might offer some unique training opportunities for US soldiers. Also which increasing tension in Asia and China expanding their navy, even possibly threatening some of the Japanese islands, it makes sense for allied countries to increase their alliances and fortify/strengthen their strongholds.

BUT the conspiracy theorist in me is saying, "Don't I remember a thread on here from the other day where someone was talking about Australia kicking the American dollar? Interesting."

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
People say the US is shifting focus.. But really the focus has ALWAYS been on Asia/Russia region.

If you look at what was happening before the Afghanistan invasion, China was about to run a natural gas pipeline right through there... The reason they got into the mid-east wasn't due to fear of the mid-east, but fear that asia/russia would connect with the mid-east and take complete control of it's resources.

Now that they have the mid-east locked down, the pacific region needs to be sured up. The US certainly needs China to maintain a strong economy, but I think theyd still rather australia control its own resources - and the same goes for all the islands in the pacific/southeast asia that have oil/mining/etc. None of whom can protect themselves.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

i highly doubt anyone has read about the ufo sightings and large unknown craft being moved in and out of pine gapy, or the recon teams? more to the point i am giving you what i know and there seems to be a big hoo har about it being mentioned and yet not a shred of appreciation.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

would you prefer Chinese troops stationed here maybe?

What for? In WWII the Japanese didn't occupy it either. Something to do with the vastness and poor resources?

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Problem I have found with US Millitary personnel here in AU, is that they come around for some R&R and expect every single woman to lay down and spread her legs (because of course they are AMERICANS).

If they like the look of your girlfriend, you should hand her over so they can have some fun.

Pretty much has been the fundimental establishment of american millitary in other countries since WWII.

If a girl says not to a group of US soldiers on leave, she can be raped anyway and their CO will vouch for the consensuality of the girls involvement (eventhough he wasn't there..lol) and it gets left at that because nobody is allowed to question the US millitary.

That's my ten cents worth.. :/

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

hehe it is somewhat scary, but like a few people said, this is no invasion what so ever, and even if it is, who cares, lets solve our own issues with illegal immigrants and how they are invading our country, rather then a few folks from the american military.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Ironclad

Ah yes, one of the causes of tensions between the Aussies and Americans during WW2. That has a huge part to do with the disdain Aussies have for Americans...along with other things. The Battle of Brisbane is a perfect example:

The Battle of Brisbane was two nights of rioting between United States (U.S.) military personnel on one side and Australian servicemen and civilians on the other, in Brisbane, Australia on 26–27 November, 1942, during World War II, during which time the two nations were allies. By the time the violence had been quelled, one Australian soldier was dead, and hundreds of Australians and U.S. servicemen had been injured.[1] News reports of these incidents were suppressed due to the war.

the causes?

U.S forces received better rations than Australian soldiers, shops and hotels regularly gave preferential treatment to Americans, and the American custom of "caressing girls in public" was seen as offensive to the Australian morals of the day.

Of major concern was the fact that U.S. military pay was considerably higher than that of the Australian military and U.S. military uniforms were seen as more appealing than those of the Australians. This resulted in U.S. servicemen not only enjoying greater success in their pursuit of the few available women but also led to many Americans marrying Australian women, facts greatly resented by the Australians. In mid-1942, a reporter walking along Queen Street counted 152 local women in company with 112 uniformed Americans, while only 31 women accompanied 60 Australian soldiers. That it was thought necessary for the media to report this situation indicates the effect of the American presence.[2] (About 12,000 Australian women married American soldiers by the end of the war.[4])

"They're overpaid, oversexed, and over here" was a common phrase used by Australians around this time and is still an anecdote recognised by some in modern generations.

The Americans had the chocolates, the ice-cream, the silk stockings and the dollars. They were able to show the girls a good time, and the Australians became very resentful about the fact that they'd lost control of their own city.
—Sergeant Bill Bentson, U.S. Army

Another concern was the way the Australian military was viewed by American's high command. Douglas MacArthur had already expressed a low opinion of Australian troops, who were then fighting along the Kokoda Track; though Australia was bearing the brunt of the land war in New Guinea by itself, MacArthur would report back to the U.S. on "American victories", while Australian victories were communicated to the U.S. as "American and Allied victories". Americans' general ignorance of Australia, and American perceptions that Australians lacked a certain 'get-up-and-go', also soured relations.

Likewise Australians also looked down upon the fighting qualities of Americans, most considered the Americans an inferior fighting force who seemed all glitz and brashness. This feeling would be confirmed during the Battle of Buna, where Australian troops bore the brunt of the fighting due to American "inactivity" and Sanananda, the final victory. Buna, the fourth major Allied victory in New Guinea, was presented not only as the first major victory but an American one. Sanananda, an Australian victory, was presented as merely a mopping-up operation. The Americans would not acknowledge that Australians won the critical battles of Milne Bay, Kokoda and Gona, were largely responsible for the victory at Buna, and were "overwhelmingly" responsible for victory at Sanananda.

en.wikipedia.org...

All these causes led up to a massive riot in Brisbane between Australian and American forces. But yeah, i can see the reasons behind the disliking of Americans back then. Today, it is a similar story, but not as drastic...
edit on 30-4-2013 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ironclad
If a girl says not to a group of US soldiers on leave, she can be raped anyway and their CO will vouch for the consensuality of the girls involvement (eventhough he wasn't there..lol) and it gets left at that because nobody is allowed to question the US millitary.

That's my ten cents worth.. :/

That ought to be changing, you can't get caught fraternizing with the locals now at ALL if you're married, and if not, there's so many rules on whom you can boff and whom you can't that it's tough to know what's safe.

Back when I was in, our first sgt had a payroll deduction plan for the local houses of ill repute so you didn't have to pack money in and get robbed, just sign a 'check' against your account. Now, that's all gone, you can't frequent a cat house without risking NJP at the least. There's a big presidential edict that caused the whole thing. Non-marital sex is against the UCMJ now, more or less. That's one reason why those Delta guys got in trouble in Columbia.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Eh, it's not just the Aussies who hate it when you marry in to their family, I snagged a British girl when I was stationed in Germany (long story), she was basically off-limits to me which I didn't know until it was too late, and her father detested me because I was American. There were other problems too, he didn't like Americans, American military, my MOS or me personally, and there it stands pretty much until today, there's some sort of British vs American military thing that doesn't come to the surface all the time but man I sure set it off for him.

Love her mother. It's a good thing there's an ocean between me and Da though, or I'd be pushing up daisies somewhere in a ditch.
edit on 30-4-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

and what does this have to do with Aliens and UFO's??

Generally speaking Aussie are very serious & overly sceptical bunch thus have little interest in such things!!
Maybe our gullible American friends can help season up the drab Aussies here esp those that think ats is merely another place to talk ABC style current affairs and lib/lab politics.
edit on 30-4-2013 by Theprimordialocker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   

I would assume that this will end within 30 years seeing that China has such a hold on Australia....if families are moving there because of the base than that city has much to gain from goods and services...unlike some immigrants who move in and send money out that money will at least stay in your country..for the most part..

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Your politicians know about PG, they just don't tell YOU. You've got guys stationed there from your government.

Have you heard of Stan Deyo? Well as for UFOs he &many others claimed they are simply US Military intel black budget spy craft same seen at PG as Area 51.

edit on 30-4-2013 by Theprimordialocker because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join