It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunmen surround Libya foreign ministry building.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

TRIPOLI, Libya (AP) — Libya's prime minister warned of a perilous security situation Sunday after armed men stormed the Interior Ministry and a state-owned television station after blocking access to the Foreign Ministry.

I'm getting the impression the Libyans are not necessarily better off after they were "liberated".

About 200 armed men surrounded the Foreign Ministry building in Tripoli, demanding the ministry hire former fighters who helped overthrow Gadhafi. The men allege that many supporters of the old regime are still holding senior positions in the ministry and its missions abroad.

Thats...ahem...some way to insist on new hiring practices, eh? Hire us or we shoot you? That's starting the 'ol employer/employee relationship off on the right foot, eh?

Also, armed men stormed the main state-run al-Wataniya TV channel, forcing its employees out. Live shows were cancelled, and al-Wataniya was airing only archive video on Sunday. Similar to those outside the Foreign Ministry, the men were demanding the removal of Gadhafi-era officials from the station. The station was temporarily shut down recently when employees protested against militias providing security for the building instead of regular forces.
Source

Unfortunately, this isn't a fluke or one off protest gone absurdly wrong. It's coming to be a regular state of affairs in that nation, it would seem. In fact, prior to the U.S. being forcefully thrown out of Benghazi by murdering our people and destroying our Consulate compound, virtually every other nation had already left in the months prior. Why? Deteriorating security. The Capital City seems no less dangerous a place to be if the 'rebels' think something isn't how they'd like it to be.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
They had a higher standard of living then we do and thier water supply, apparantly the 8th wonder of the world, has been destroyed...
but, alciaduh has started an oil company and a debt based rothschild central bank to replace Gahdaffi's gold dinar...hey, its now democratic just like the good ol USA

Also iIthink the alciaduh rebels piled up dead brown folks whom they didn't like in piles
say, remember when Israel spoofed thier command clinton bombed gahdaffis daughter?

yay go NATO!

i don't think the people wanted that at all
just like we wouldn't

But it does sound like someone has discovered the bully pulpit

edit on 28-4-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

I wish I could say you're wrong on all that too, Dan. You're not though. It wasn't until the fighting started that I looked hard enough at Libya to realize...while they may have had a leader a few cans short of a 6-Pack, he had a pretty good thing going for benefits to the population compared to the norm outside that nation. It came with some Gov't oppression and intimidation, that's true. (thinks about Boston) ...but who else can I recently say something like that about? Oh..it'll come to me, I'm sure.

They really had it pretty good compared to what it's turned into now. Day to Day running on the edge of civil war and safety being a distant memory. I agree with saying it's another Fine job by NATO. More satisfied customers, yes indeed.

join