It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2013 NHL Playoff Thread

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

We were laughing about Prust's comment at work today

But with two key players out of the line up my laughter turned to concern, hopefully Montreal can keep it together tonight. I had both Toronto and Ottawa fans busting my chops today

It would be nice if I can return Monday and dish out some payback.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   
check this out..

call it an intermission

edit on 4-5-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
What do you think?

Saluting Baphomet?

Anything for the next win lol

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Embarrassing game for the Habs last night.

The deserve to lose if they can't play any better than that.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
Embarrassing game for the Habs last night.

The deserve to lose if they can't play any better than that.

They played well, it was Price that didn't show up.

They still played much better than Toronto has so far in any game this post season.

Montreal will win the next game in Ottawa, I have a feeling that Price may not get the start though, then they will continue on to win the next two as well and win the series in game six.
edit on 5/6/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Sorry, I disagree. The whole team was terrible. They only scored one goal. Trying to blame the goalie for a loss like that is ridiculous. Do you expect him to get a shutout every game? The Habs couldn't generate very many scoring chances at all, it wasn't like Anderson was making all kinds of spectacular saves. Gionta played hurt and you could tell he could barely shoot the puck. Desharnais was invisible as usual.

But that's not the whole story. Fact is, the Habs aren't tough enough to win a physical game like that. When the other team is cheap shotting all night and not getting called, you've got to answer back and the Habs have no one to do that. Whoever said there is no fighting in the playoffs is either an idiot or a bleeding heart liberal. Next year Bergevin will add toughness to the team. Wait and see if I am not correct in this statement.

Price will start every game. Budaj is the backup. He won't play unless Price is hurt. No reason to start a goalie controversy like in Vancouver.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

LOL, no worries man. I was just a bit pissy from losing the game, sorry if I seemed like a prick. You are right, we played like crap. We were not as physical as we were in game two and as previously mentioned our goaltending sucked. I just hope Montreal can regroup for tonight's game so I am less pissy tomorrow morning.

We need this win tonight.

Too bad about last night's game huh? (Toronto vs Boston)

Fact is, the Habs aren't tough enough to win a physical game like that.

Yes we are tough enough to win a physical game like that, we did it in game two, and that's a fact.
edit on 5/7/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Forget the Habs being in trouble (I hope they win)

Go Vancouver!

-hope and a prayer!

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Well, that sucked. Habs didn't have it this year, but overall a good year for them. The future looks bright with a great core of young players that are or will be stars in this league. They need to address team toughness in the offseason. Getting knocked around by the Sens of all teams has proven this point.

Anyways, congrats to the Sens and good luck the rest of the way.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
What a game between Toronto and Boston. Quite the choke job by the Leafs. The comments online by Leaf fans had them sure of victory before the 3rd period even started. Maybe a little less arrogance next time and your team will win it for you, instead of collapsing so badly.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
speechless. Made it farther than the Canucks tho..Good on them, they played like a "play off" team

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I don't subscribe to the "they made it farther" mentality. They both lost in the first round. Habs, Leafs and Canucks all failed to advance. The Leafs played a few more games than the other two, but managed the biggest choke of all three.

Ovechkin and the Caps choked again. Until he wins a Cup he will not be considered among the elite players that can lead their team to a Stanley Cup. Puts up points in the regular season, then gets shut down in the playoffs.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Well folks, that is all she wrote

Our beloved Habs and Leafs are gone golfing...

Vancouver choked and we are left with Ottawa to cheer for

Go Senators!

I might not check any hockey scores until next October

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join