It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2013 NHL Playoff Thread

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Yay! The NHL playoffs are imminent!

Who will take home Lord Stanleys Coveted mug this year?

The Pesky Penguins are favored, the Black Hawks have the presidents, The Canucks are healthy (sorta), and the Leafs are actually in this time!
Who would have thunk it?

First round predictions? Last round predictions? Gripes? Missed calls? Post here!

Ottawa's victory means that the No. 1 Pittsburgh Penguins will meet the No. 8 New York Islanders, the No. 2 Canadiens will take on the No. 7 Senators and the No. 4 Bruins will battle the No. 5 Maple Leafs. The matchup between the No. 3 Washington Capitals and No. 6 New York Rangers was decided after play on Saturday. The Western Conference playoff picture was also set on Saturday and will see the No. 1 Chicago Blackhawks take on the No. 8 Minnesota Wild, the No. 2 Anaheim Ducks tackle the No. 7 Detroit Red Wings, the No. 3 Vancouver Canucks meet the No. 6 San Jose Sharks and the No. 4 St. Louis Blues battle the defending Stanley Cup champion and No. 5 L.A. Kings. The playoffs begin Tuesday.

edit on 28-4-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
www.nhlplayoffsbracket.com...
Bummer Toronto and MTL didnt play eachother

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by cass1dy09

TO vs Boston...
-lol, out of the frying pan and into the fire for the Leafs.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Go Kings! (They don't stand a chance.) Kopitar never looks like he's had enough rest and the Blackhawks had an amazing year. My money is on them.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Sneak peek at the new banner the Leafs will raise to the rafters at ACC during a ceremony before their first playoff game:

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Montréal all the way!

I would have liked to see a Toronton/Montreal first round but then I thought I would rather see this later in the playoffs as I hate watching Canadian teams knock eachother out of the post-season. Regrettably we are now playing Ottawa wich is another Canadian team so a Toronton/Montreal match up would have been nice since now there is no guarantee that Montreal and Toronto will meet since either team can be knocked out in the first round.

A lot of my good friends are Leafs fans so there is always a lot of rivalry, and it's been a while since both teams made the playoffs so this should be a fun post season.

I would like to see a Montreal/Vancouver final since it has been a very long while since two Canadian teams have faced eachother in the final, heck, the last time a Canadian team won the cup was Montreal back in 1993.

My predictions for the West will be Vancouver or Chicago, and Montreal or Boston in the East.

I would have liked to see Winnipeg sneak their way in too but that obviously didn't happen.
edit on 4/29/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by canucks555
reply to post by cass1dy09

TO vs Boston...
-lol, out of the frying pan and into the fire for the Leafs.

I think Toronto can pull it off against Boston as long as their goaltending stays consistent and Kessell keeps putting up points. It will take a team wide effort but I believe it to be possible.

(I despise the leafs during the regular season but I cheer for all Canadian teams come playoff time as long as they aren't playing against my Canadiens, then it's all out war)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

GO HABS !!!!

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrEcho

GO HABS !!!!

Thursday is such a long ways away

Mr Echo...have fun dealing with all those Senator fans

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Hawks!!!

Playoff hockey... I love it.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by KaiserSouszay

Hawks gonna slay this round.. (from a Canucks fan)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

It's OK, there will be as many of us in the Scotia Place as Sens' fans.

Enjoy the series.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Got this weird feeling LA is going to take it.

However, rooting for the Rangers all the way. Was a Minnesota fan, until Ryan Callahan got drafted by the Rangers and since hes a good friend of mine I had to switch teams.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

A Montreal fan? I use to play on the team Serengeti Select with PK Subban, the kid was a beast. It was a team thrown together with some of the best players around the Lake Ontario area. Kid you not, he took a slapshot center ice and knocked out the Rochester Americans goalie and we were 15-16 at the time. He was so much larger than everyone it was insane but he was the nicest person you would ever meet in the locker room and his father was one of the coolest guys.

Ahh, miss the good old days of going to Canada for tourneys. The best part was visiting the Mandarin buffet with unlimited lobster and crab was out of this world, and they give you those lobster hats? #. Why cant we have one of those in the states. That brought back a lot of nostalgia.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Laxpla

Good story. Man, watching the games last night, what a difference between regular season and playoffs!
And it starts again, Go Leafs! Go Van!

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Let's do this!

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Laxpla

Thanks for the stories, I had the chance to see Subban's younger brother play goaltender against the local team but I ended not going to that game. But it must have been cool to see what you did then and compare it to now.

Hopefully you get to travel back to Canada for some hockey some time soon

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Ouch not a good night for Toronto fans...

Get the golf club shining gear ready.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

With Game 2 against the Ottawa Senators set to begin, Montreal Canadiens forward Brandon Prust offered up his view on the comments made by Senators coach Paul MacLean blaming Eric Gryba's hit on the pass made by Raphael Diaz. "We don't really care about what that bug-eyed fat walrus has to say," Prust told the media. The Habs, without Eller tonight, will also be missing Brian Gionta or Max Pacioretty from the lineup with upper body injuries. Full Story.

gotta love it

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join