It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From dorm to prison cell: Bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev's new digs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
CNN

(CNN) -- Less than two weeks after he partied with classmates in a college dorm, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev now lives in drastically different surroundings.

The 19-year-old Boston Marathon bombing suspect is locked inside a 10-by-10-foot cell with a steel door, a slot for food and an observation window, a prison spokesman said Sunday.

Tsarnaev is able to speak and has been interacting with staff at the Federal Medical Center Devens, spokesman John Colautti said.

So he can speak now, that's good. But I'm sure us conspiracy theorist will spin this to he is now mind controlled.

On Friday, authorities said Tsarnaev had been transferred from Boston's Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center to the prison facility, which is about 40 miles west of the city.

Still say its odd they took him and his brother to this hospital, all the way from Watertown.

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev had what appeared to be gunshot wounds to his head, neck, legs and hand when he was captured, according to the criminal complaint accusing him in the marathon blasts.

Three days after the marathon attack, and hours after authorities released images of the two suspects, they spontaneously decided to go to New York's Times Square to blow up their six remaining explosives, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev told investigators.

But a botched carjacking spoiled the impromptu road trip, said Tsarnaev, whose account was outlined by New York's police commissioner.

Before forcing their way into a vehicle the night of April 18, the brothers fatally shot a campus police officer at MIT, police said.

The vehicle they subsequently hijacked, a Mercedes sport utility vehicle, ran low on fuel, and they stopped at a service station, where the vehicle's owner escaped. Shortly thereafter, police picked up the trail of the SUV and pursued it. Authorities say the men threw bombs out the vehicle's window at them. The gun battle and Tamerlan Tsarnaev's death followed.

Im surprised they thought they could get away with making it to Times Square and using their remaining bombs.

So if there was a green Honda and Mercedes SUV in the shoot out and Authorities say men threw bombs out the vehicle's window at them, to me still suggests more than two(2) suspects for that to happen. Evidently speaking.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
They took him to that hospital because of 2 of the doctors that work there. They are Israeli and are used to treating terror suspects, they treat them without bias.

I have a feeling that he's going to be in solitary for a very long time.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by whatzshaken

I wish him all the unhappiness the world may bestow upon him in his new home. That is, for as long as he's in it, anyway. He could ask McVeigh about that little issue, but that won't be possible for awhile yet.

As for why they took him elsewhere? Umm... Could you imagine taking him into Boston Hospitals?? You may very likely have Doctors, Nurses or Orderlies who were either AT the Marathon or certainly knew people directly involved. I know we all like to pride ourselves on the ability for Professionalism to over-ride human nature, but we're all still human in the end.

I recall one of the most memorable reports coming after Reagan being shot and taken to the Hospital to be worked on being what he said to the doctors before being put under for Surgery:

To Mrs. Reagan, it was, "Honey, I forgot to duck." To the doctors, "I just hope you're Republicans." To which one doctor replied, "Today Mr. President we're all Republicans."
Source

Somehow, I rather doubt the Boston Bomber would have enjoyed the same type of straight forward professionalism. Oxygen machines fail ... Drug mistakes happen. It's an imperfect world out there. I'm thinking the people charged with getting him to confinement alive may not have even minded such an outcome, but not on THEIR watch to be known for ..so he went elsewhere is my guess.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatzshaken
So if there was a green Honda and Mercedes SUV in the shoot out and Authorities say men threw bombs out the vehicle's window at them, to me still suggests more than two(2) suspects for that to happen. Evidently speaking.

Honestly, if someone with no prior knowledge of the situation was following the scanner that night... you would think they were facing a small army. The exchanges on the radio indicated that an all-out war was taking place. Though, I guess if someone, even if only by two people, was being bombarded with explosives, you'd be left with that impression anyway.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by iunlimited491

Having two vehicles would explain the "cache" of weaponry they had.
edit on 28-4-2013 by whatzshaken because: (no reason given)

But then why would Connecticut State Police put out a bulletin for the green Honda after it being in police possession since the shootout that killed suspect 1?

USA Timeline
edit on 28-4-2013 by whatzshaken because: annother question needing clarifcation.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
So the guy who jumped out of his hijacked car and alerted the police actually may have been the one person who stopped these guys from exploding their bombs in New York city. That fellow deserves a beer at the White House, at a minumum. A ticker tape parade in New York at the max (and a date with "two actresses of his choice" thrown in)

top topics

join