It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Drills' in SK include nuclear B-52 bombers: preemptive US Nuclear War to eliminate NK 'threat'?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

You are the man...props for the logical explanations. I still want to know however...what was that jet??? It's lights were definitely something newer...they were "eerie" I sheepishly admit...

Mehhh...^^there's the conspiracy theorist in me, I need to take the tinfoil hat off^^

Ironically, shortly after posting about the AWAC...one flew in, It was Navy as it's isignia was easily read...it was a prop plane this time as well...the last one had engines.

And....(I know...this is probably getting old)...yesterday afternoon we had strange groupings of planes flying overhead every few minutes...north to south again...they were 747's (or whatever model they fly) and a few scattered planes that I don't know the name of ...they were a bit smaller and "stouter??" than the others...3 to five at a time, flying very close to eachother in a single file. I was figuring that maybe an airport was diverting flights, but I didn't hear of any significant delays. ??????

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen

The AWACS is an E-2C/D.

Were they jets or pepper? Jets are C-17s, prop are C-130s. Both fly in and out of Pope a lot with the army.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Sounds like a C-17 from the description as a more stout jetliner.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Yeah, more than likely. They get a lot of them through Pope, especially considering they were based there at one point, and I believe still are.

I just read my previous response.....what the hell is a pepper airplane?
God I hate my phone some days. Swype is so annoying at times, especially when I'm going fast.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by Gazrok

Yeah, more than likely. They get a lot of them through Pope, especially considering they were based there at one point, and I believe still are.

I just read my previous response.....what the hell is a pepper airplane?
God I hate my phone some days. Swype is so annoying at times, especially when I'm going fast.

Ha! I was scrambling to find out what the hell a pepper airplane was...if you mean Piper...then, yeah, I guess...it wasn't a big plane at all and it was a prop plane. A C-130 would have been obvious to me. The AWACS from a few weeks ago was definitely a C-130.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen

Actually the E-2 is based on the C-2 Greyhound airframe. It's similar to a C-130, but much smaller, as it's designed to land on a ship.

Unless you mean this in which case it's Coast Guard, but I'm not sure that one even flies anymore.

This is the only Navy AWACS flying currently.

Pope is home to the 44th Airlift Wing, which flies the C-130. They get C-17s from Charleston a lot as well. The only other small turboprop flying around that belongs to the US is the C-27J Spartan
edit on 5/9/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join