'Drills' in SK include nuclear B-52 bombers: preemptive US Nuclear War to eliminate NK 'threat'?

page: 2
1
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen
 


Where's the D? And no way would Lockheed allow anyone else to build an F-35. It's just not done, because it costs them money if they do. An "E" model would be an improved version of a previous version, which means in some cases improved engines, improved avionics, and in a few cases radical changes to fuselage and other structures on the aircraft. Basically wholesale changes.

Lockheed would have to give the designs, and equipment to build it or make structural changes to whoever is working on it. There's a few million out the door right there. Add to that the probably billions in contracts to upgrade the aircraft, and Lockheed stands to lose a ton of money by not working on it.

Cherry Point is home to the Fleet Readiness Center East, which will eventually be doing upgrades to current test aircraft, as well as operational upgrades to aircraft, and eventually depot level airframe maintenance. I'm not sure what their current status is, as far as work being performed at the FRC, but in January they had teams in the desert working on upgrades for the Yuma MCAS F-35Bs.




posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58
 


Please see the edit in my previous post...I fully describe the aircraft for you. Please identify it if you can...I'd love to know what it is.



posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen
 


There are no rules against taking pictures on airport property, even of military aircraft. As long as you aren't on the ramp itself, when you aren't supposed to be, you are allowed to take pictures of anything on a civilian airport. If you don't want to post them online, then take one or two, and I'll give you a throwaway email to send them to, and I can either identify them, or have them identified by someone I know as being from an anonymous source.



posted on May, 2 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen
 



hey land just like harriers...they have no markings. They fly in and it seems like they are loaded down with weapons and I even wonder how they land...but I guess that someone has that figured out. When they depart...they wind up and slowly rise like a harrier...but quieter then they would turn...on a dime...in the direction that they are going and slowly fly away...but they can haul ass when they want


Chances are, it is the Marines' F-35B

www.lockheedmartin.com...

(Lockheed's site always drastically underplays any real capabilities, so this vid helps more)



Skip to about 30 seconds in.

This one also,



I'm pretty sure having the external weapons equipped retards the stealth function, but it all depends on what role the aircraft is doing...as the plane is basically designed to be a replacement for many different aircraft (with different air combat roles).



edit on 2-5-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok
 


Actually it's more likely that it's some of the foreign bought aircraft that's in the test program. The UK, and I believe the Netherlands both have aircraft in the program.



posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58
 


But which plane would look like an F-35 and have those flight characteristics? Or did you mean foreign owned versions of the JSF?
edit on 2-5-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen
 



hey land just like harriers...they have no markings. They fly in and it seems like they are loaded down with weapons and I even wonder how they land...but I guess that someone has that figured out. When they depart...they wind up and slowly rise like a harrier...but quieter then they would turn...on a dime...in the direction that they are going and slowly fly away...but they can haul ass when they want


Chances are, it is the Marines' F-35B

www.lockheedmartin.com...


YESSSSSSSSS!!!! You got them!!! So...wth hell are they doing at ILM every week?

(Lockheed's site always drastically underplays any real capabilities, so this vid helps more)



Skip to about 30 seconds in.

This one also,



I'm pretty sure having the external weapons equipped retards the stealth function, but it all depends on what role the aircraft is doing...as the plane is basically designed to be a replacement for many different aircraft (with different air combat roles).



edit on 2-5-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok
 


Foreign owned F-35s. Several countries are taking the B model over the A or C. The UK has already received their first two or three aircraft, which are part of the test program.



posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
That vid is perfect. You totally nailed it on the head. I told you these things were amazing. Thanks for identifying...the only thing I wonder is the lack of any identifying insignia and the payload. As I said...these things come in and seem to be on standby every Friday...Saturday...and until late Sunday afternoon...as of 1 1/2 weeks ago...they are nowhere to be seen...hmmmm...where could these amazing aircraft be???

Since this airport also houses the National Guard Armory....it is more of a military operation than a civilian one. Constant stream of Ospreys and other various helos...C-class jumbos...maybe only 10 -15 civilian flights a day...all coming and going from the direction of Camp Lejuene or pickup and deliveries from nearby Sunny Point...The airport is also only one mile away from the only place on the planet that has uranium laser enrichment uranium: GE Nuclear and Aircraft...guarded (with M16's) by a weird security firm owned by the "Usual Suspects". Not to mention a train tracks running the length of the airport.
edit on 2-5-2013 by AFewGoodWomen because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen
 


They were flying several of them out of Pax River Maryland as part of the testing program. Cherry Point is home to the FRC East, so it makes perfect sense to fly them into NC on a regular basis for training. They were also getting ready for round two of ship trials, which fly out of NC.
edit on 5/2/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 2 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen
 


They were flying several of them out of Pax River Maryland as part of the testing program. Cherry Point is home to the FRC East, so it makes perfect sense to fly them into NC on a regular basis for training. They were also getting ready for round two of ship trials, which fly out of NC.
edit on 5/2/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)


Nice...thank you for answering every single question...I feel so blessed just to see these amazing things on a regular basis...I'm still going to refrain from photographing so close to the No Tresspassing signs...can never be too careful...I guess there is nothing stopping me from taking a picture while they fly over the nearby intersection...right? They are low enough to see extreme details...I had fun thinking that these were secrets hidden in plain sight...impressive...and fearsome, to say the least. I get so fired up when they come into town accompanied by harriers as well...like my own private airshow every week. I guess I was partly right...they are F35's...just not the right model. I hope these things stay on our side.



posted on May, 2 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen
 


Thankyou as well for correcting me in a professional matter...I am truly humbled by your knowledge of these fantastic machines...my imagination tends to get the better of me sometimes...tee hee.



posted on May, 2 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by Gazrok
 


Foreign owned F-35s. Several countries are taking the B model over the A or C. The UK has already received their first two or three aircraft, which are part of the test program.


After seeing what these things can do...I don't like the idea of "foreign owned". As long as these "foreign owned" stay in the "allied family". Geesh.



posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen
 


Well, our allies did help pay for it, hence the "joint" strike fighter designation. Includes: the United Kingdom, Italy, the Netherlands, Canada, Turkey, Australia, Norway and Denmark. Of course, each will tweak certain things slightly (especially in electronics and EW). I know Israel got the ok to tweak the EW capabilities.



posted on May, 2 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen
 


As I told someone in another thread, I've pretty much given up on oxygen, and breathe jet fuel now. I've lived aviation for so long it's beyond second nature to me now.

As for the pictures, as long as you are not in a restricted area, as in outside the fence, there is no law preventing you from taking pictures. You can stand right next to the "No Trespassing" sign and take them, and the worst that will happen is the FAA will come ask you what you're doing. As long as you don't intrude on the airport property you can legally take pictures of anything out there. The only time you can't take pictures is if they are on military property. Then they can take your camera/film/memory card away and destroy it. Any other time or place is fine to take pictures, whether it's on the ramp or it's in flight.



posted on May, 6 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen
 


As I told someone in another thread, I've pretty much given up on oxygen, and breathe jet fuel now. I've lived aviation for so long it's beyond second nature to me now.

As for the pictures, as long as you are not in a restricted area, as in outside the fence, there is no law preventing you from taking pictures. You can stand right next to the "No Trespassing" sign and take them, and the worst that will happen is the FAA will come ask you what you're doing. As long as you don't intrude on the airport property you can legally take pictures of anything out there. The only time you can't take pictures is if they are on military property. Then they can take your camera/film/memory card away and destroy it. Any other time or place is fine to take pictures, whether it's on the ramp or it's in flight.


I went ot the gate on Friday...early afternoon and sat for about ten minutes...I didn't hear or see any jets and was getting ready to leave when I saw a white vehicle with its lights on heading my way (I was the only thing they could've been going to"...I got the hell out of there. The jets flew in two hours later.

I'll tell you what...lots of unusual aircraft this way and flying some weird flight path directly above my head (heading north from south)...way above my head...lots of experimental stuff.

Three blackhawks were here today...they appeared brand new...no paint...shiny and nothing mounted on them at all...not even sidewinders...they flew low and slow. Uuggh...strange goings on here...I give up. Being former Special Op supply (3043 DSU SPMAGTF)...I understand cargo pickups...I understand things coming in from the port and things being either picked up or dropped off from Sunny Point and taken to Bragg...Lejuene...Virginia...Merchant Marine ships and Carriers. I arranged these transports back in the day. Something is definitely "off the public's radar" with this airport and flight path above it. Too many branches of military involved...as well as JTF and foreign aircraft. Lots of Osprey traffic to and from port and Sunny Point...lots of C-class jumbos...as well as blackhawks and CH43's. Oh yeah...harriers and F-35b's. This airport also hosts Air-Force one and Air-Force two for touch and go's...and a National Guard Armory. GE's Laser Uranium Enrichment Facility and Nuclear aircraft Division only one mile away (only one on the planet).

Only 5-6 passenger commercial flights in and out a day...how is this still considered a civilian airport???

?????????????????????????????????????
edit on 6-5-2013 by AFewGoodWomen because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen
 


Because the biggest part of those aircraft are stopping at the FBO on fuel stops. The military has a huge contract with them for fuel stops. If they're almost out of duty day, or can't get a PPO for Cherry Point they stay there. The airport doesn't have military facilities, hangars, or management, therefore it's a civilian airport.



posted on May, 7 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen
 


Because the biggest part of those aircraft are stopping at the FBO on fuel stops. The military has a huge contract with them for fuel stops. If they're almost out of duty day, or can't get a PPO for Cherry Point they stay there. The airport doesn't have military facilities, hangars, or management, therefore it's a civilian airport.


Okay...that explains a lot...not all of it, but a lot.
Something new flew over last night...from north to south. Two planes, one in front of the other, the front plane was much smaller...the plane in the rear was slowly catching up to the front plane...then they met up and then there was only the big plane...???

I have no idea the altitude...but I know that it couldn't have been that high as other planes in the sky at that time (passenger jets 747 type) were much smaller and appeared much higher.

The big plane had two huge bright lights on the tip of the wings(?)...they blinked in unison every one second...the center strobe light was a grouping of red...they blinked every second, but in between the time of the the wing lights...so it looked like a slow strobe...the smaller plane had faa lights as well, but I couldn't detect the timing or pattern on that aircraft...due to it's size.
I really want to say that the bigger plane was trianglular...but it was 11pmish and there is no real way to tell the shape in the dark...I've just never seen that light array on an aircraft before. The red strobe light was significantly bigger and brighter than other red strobes that I've seen on Military jets.

Any ideas???

ALSO: Why would we have an AWAC flying circles over the city??? It was flying non-stop about two months ago, for about a week.

I'll do some googling and see if I can find the lights online somewhere (or something that I can compare it to).


Are there aircraft in existence that can load a smaller vehicle in the front of it??? I watched these planes and I know that my eyes told me that the two merged somehow. Can an aircraft deploy a companion drone and then rendezvous with it later in midflight???

I'm telling you...this flight path is strange. I don't want to seem like I'm crying wolf over here, but it's not just this airport...it's this whole flight path directly over my head.Any ideas???

Seriously...this place is porno for aviation nerds (I mean that in the nicest way...lol).

A question: Couldn't a gyroscope be fitted into an AWAC (the array on top)? Or...is there one?



posted on May, 7 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen
 


Just wanted to say thanks for the knowledge and info...I love love love everything that flies,,,but I lack any technical knowledge (girl brain and all), I just know that I like how they make me feel when I see them kick ass and I feel like I'm witnessing history when I see some of these newer , rarer and more exotic planes around here. I've begun to just throw my hands up in the air in frustration when I see something that is completely foreign to me...it's just that I see these things...AROUND THE CLOCK!! I need a sky-watching buddy.

My biggest thrill was getting autographs from all the Blue Angel Pilots...on the effin runway. The female pilot made my daughters eyes light up with pride. So motivating!!



posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by AFewGoodWomen
Okay...that explains a lot...not all of it, but a lot.
Something new flew over last night...from north to south. Two planes, one in front of the other, the front plane was much smaller...the plane in the rear was slowly catching up to the front plane...then they met up and then there was only the big plane...???

I have no idea the altitude...but I know that it couldn't have been that high as other planes in the sky at that time (passenger jets 747 type) were much smaller and appeared much higher.

Any ideas???


Most likely the first was a tanker, the second was a fighter of some kind. When they joined up the fighter turned off his lights, and flew in formation with him. A lot of times when they fly together like that, the first plane is the only one to talk to air traffic control, and the only one required to have his lights on, if the second aircraft is close enough. It also keeps the second aircraft's lights from blinding the other aircraft's crew.


ALSO: Why would we have an AWAC flying circles over the city??? It was flying non-stop about two months ago, for about a week.


More than likely it was for Carolina Thunder 13. It's a helicopter training exercise, but it would also give the E-3 training in handling helicopters, as they handle all kinds of aircraft in their airspace.





new topics

top topics



 
1
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join