It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Drills' in SK include nuclear B-52 bombers: preemptive US Nuclear War to eliminate NK 'threat'?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

With US now flying nuclear-capable B-52 bombers over South Korea in military 'drill' activities for NK's threat of imminent strike, it's only par for course that US - like it has with all countries it has deemed or framed as instigators in over the past decade no - will sooner or later launch a preemptive attack on NK.

www.nydailynews.com...

Why now? Why preemptive? So much for diplomacy, as NK has charged a US citizen with conspiring to "overthrow the present NK government" and now facing imminent death sentence. US citizen or agency behind the overthrow of a foreign government? Hmm, really, come now.. is that something US is historically known for doing?

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
it's worse....they're B 2's.....stealth types.....is that right, they're really the newer B-2's....?

edit on 28-4-2013 by GBP/JPY because: Yahuweh...the coolest of names, I swear

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
If we dropped a nuke every time we flew an exercise sortie with a "nuclear capable" aircraft, half the world would be a smoking hole. Most of our current inventory is nuclear capable, or can be made nuclear capable quite quickly. We have used heavy strategic bombers (nuclear capable) for many years in warfare without dropping a nuke. Nuclear capable and nuclear loaded are two completely different animals.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
It was one or two flights of B-52s and one B-2 flight, and they occurred like a month ago. As for flying "nuclear capable aircraft", we can't fly F-16s and F-15Es anymore anywhere since they're nuclear capable. At one point in time the US had something like 2000 nuclear capable aircraft.
edit on 4/28/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
OP, Zaphod is correct. Those fly over's were close to a month ago. If that was now ,Japan would be steam coming off the ocean.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

How exactly?

Only one tactic would work, and that depends on them having a missile warhead, which most analysts (and their own press slip-ups) indicate they don't (despite the opinion of the DIA), They'd have to launch a large sortie of conventional missiles, spreading any nukes in amongst them, and hope that one of them gets through the missile defenses currently around Japan.

The only other solution would be to smuggle a nuke in through shipping, and detonate it in a harbor.

Even with all of this, it would just be a black eye on a Japanese city (given their tested yields), whereas NK would (by this action), suffer instant regime change (instant as in 3 weeks). Pretty big price to pay for giving a neighbor a bloody nose.

edit on 1-5-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

Well, there's B2 stealth (capable of dropping heavy munitions) and F117 Stealth fighters...plus F35e's they don't want you to be aware of.

THey revealed the B2's...that means that there's something that they are not revealing.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen

How do they not want us to be aware of them? The B-2 has been public since first flight, the F-117 is retired and sitting in hangars in Tonopah with their wings removed (except for a few test articles that may still be flying), and the F-35, with the exception of very few aspects of the program, has been an open book in testing (and is far far away from even looking in the general direction of combat).

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Seems like the carrier variant (F-35C) is getting the most attention in the program, as the most pressing need, while F-22's and older non-stealth fighters are the mainstays until more F-35s are made and integrated. As for what else we have, I'm thinking that is mostly in the realm of stealth UAV's. Although I have to wonder just how stealthy it really can be if constant communication is necessary with the remote pilot...unless pre-programmed missions only.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

There are a number of manned aircraft as well. None in the kind of production the F-22 saw, or the F-35 will see, but they're at the very least in the test flight stages, if not farther. Several have been operational for years, but the really really cool ones are still in development.

Although there are ways to make communications stealthier, there are several autonomous UAS craft in development. The Navy is looking to have a helicopter in service by the 2020-2025 timeframe that is capable of detecting potential threats and rerouting around them.
edit on 5/1/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

How do they not want us to be aware of them? The B-2 has been public since first flight, the F-117 is retired and sitting in hangars in Tonopah with their wings removed (except for a few test articles that may still be flying), and the F-35, with the exception of very few aspects of the program, has been an open book in testing (and is far far away from even looking in the general direction of combat).

You misunderstood my post...the only aircraft that their really not talking about is the four fully operational F-35e's...Joint Strike Fighter. I'm not sure of their capabilities except for what has flown directly over my head on numerous occasions complete with at least sidewinders...If I were to imagine their presence over their it may be only for intimidation, or perhaps demonstrating at a proving ground...they are magnificent and fierce...they are always accompanied by at least two harriers when flying out to sea. Hmmm...what a great way to beta test an aircraft...minor sorties.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

There is no F-35E, and none are anywhere near operational. They carry weapons for flight testing. They need them for airflow, and separation tests. The F-35 only comes in three variants, the A which is a conventional take off and landing for the Air Force, the B which is a short take off, vertical landing variant for the Marines, and the C, which is the largest, another conventional take off and landing variant for the Navy. The only E models that the US flies are the F-15E Strike Eagle for the Air Force, and the F/A-18E Super Hornet for the Navy.

Aircraft variants are a logical progression. For example, the F-15. The original variant was the A, a single seat fighter. Then came the B, which was originally called the TF-15A. The B was a two seat variant of the A, that removed some of the equipment behind the pilot seat, and added a second set of controls and ejection seat. Later came the C, another single seat fighter, but with upgraded avionics, and other changes made to make it more effective. The D was the two seat version of that. Which leads us to the Strike Eagle. Obviously the next letter was "E", which is what the Strike Eagle is, the F-15E. If they were to make another variant, with significant changes to either the fighter, or the Strike Eagle variant, it would be the F-15F.

That being said, where's the F-35D? And how did the F-35E get at least four years ahead of every other variant, since the ones that are currently in service don't even have an active radar system in some cases, and can't carry weapons. The software for that upgrade MIGHT be ready by next year, but IOC for the F-35 program has been pushed back repeatedly, as far back as potentially 2019 (this includes weapons systems). There is no point in them developing an "E" model, and having it fully operational, when the rest of the program is ridiculously overbudget, behind schedule, and has put Lockheed Martin's reputation on the line.
edit on 5/1/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Redacted.
edit on 1-5-2013 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

The F-35 carries external weapons as well.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

The F-35 carries external weapons as well.

Nice.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

You're quick my friend!

My apologies, you are correct

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I LIVE this stuff. Some people breathe air, I breathe JP-8 (jet fuel).

link   

The F-35e is in a bake-off. Their is no insignia on it...because it is not part of any of our usual branches of the military...it is being worked on outside of Lockheed's "jurisdiction". Wish you could see it...it's breathtaking.

link   

The F-35e is in a bake-off. Their is no insignia on it...because it is not part of any of our usual branches of the military...it is being worked on outside of Lockheed's "jurisdiction". Wish you could see it...it's breathtaking.

If I am wrong...and I'm secure enough to say, that I most likely am compared to your knowledge of aircraft and current de-classified projects...if these aren't F-35 e's...then what the hell are they? They land just like harriers...they have no markings. They fly in and it seems like they are loaded down with weapons and I even wonder how they land...but I guess that someone has that figured out. When they depart...they wind up and slowly rise like a harrier...but quieter then they would turn...on a dime...in the direction that they are going and slowly fly away...but they can haul ass when they want. They flew into town two weeks ago in a tight formation and loaded down...It looked like one giant craft and they were flying low and slow...it was effin eerie...then they sped up and separated and all four came in for a landing....like harriers...I would be remiss to say that I wasn't a little worried as I only live a half mile from the runway they land in. I would love to get pics of this...but I would be afraid to post them online...I'm afraid to even take pics to be honest with you as I am borderline trespassing on this airports property to watch these things come in and take off. I can hear these things fire up and taxi to the runway and I have time to jet on down there...one day...God willing, I will have a camera phone!

I swear...they take off like a damn space-plane or something...awesome. I love this stuff!!!
edit on 1-5-2013 by AFewGoodWomen because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join